1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '20 10:00
    @moonbus said
    Let us consider Eladar, for example. He can quote chapter and verse, and self-identifies as a Christian. But whenever anyone smites him, does he turn the other cheek? No. He smites back. He has asserted in other threads that he thinks it would be fine for the elderly and the immune-weakened to be killed off by the current pandemic; why waste resources on them, they are going to die anyway, that's his attitude. He has zero compassion for the downtrodden and the disadvantaged. "Blessed are the meek" has made no impression on him at all. He spews his vitriol and bitterness and petty vindictiveness all over the forums. It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for such as Eladar to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, for such as Eladar have no compassion, although they BELIEVE that Jesus was God, that Jesus died to atone for man's sins, and all the rest of it.

You don't think he's a Christian. And neither do I. So this criticism of him is moot.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Apr '20 10:07
    @fmf said
    A Christian is defined by his or her beliefs with regard to the life, death and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. A Christian believes that God sent his son Jesus, the messiah, to save the world. A Christian believes that Jesus was crucified and died in order to offer the forgiveness of sins and the opportunity for "salvation". A Christian believes that Jesus rose from the dead and later ascended to heaven.
    And...

5. A Christian believes these things and endeavours to obey God's commandments, including those that Jesus is believed to have stipulated while he was alive, and demonstrate, by doing good works, that their faith is not dead.

Arguably, this is the most important belief.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree