What does

What does "everybody is evil" mean?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
How someone can say they believe the bible and ignore contradictions is beyond me.
But wasn't it you recently who suggested that as long as people agree with your interpretations then there are no contradictions in the Bible? Was that not you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Aug 15

So God said "Let my people go", then Pharaoh says okay, then God hardens Pharaoh's heart to say no?
So God is opposing himself, or is he playing a game here?
Why would God say let my people go, then bypass Pharaoh's free will and hardens Pharaoh's heart to say no?
This is very illogical to me. It is not what the bible teaches. God is not schizophrenic.
God is not opposing himself, Pharaoh gets upset that he is losing and attacks. Again, God
has made it very clear, instead turning towards God he does his best to destroy what God
is doing. God is not schizophrenic, if those that reject God truly want to reject God they will
do so with everything they have. The only thing here that should be lesson is that we can
choose, and the choice is ours. If we fight against God we will lose, that part should be
very clear, ask Pharaoh.

F

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
How about if you read the links and posts yourself FMF, and stop being a lazy bum when posting?
You have made the claim about the Christians on this forum, not me. Where are the examples?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
by your argument, murderers, by succeeding in murdering someone, are doing God's work and sending people to him. if God appoints the death of everyone, surely only people who were meant to die are killed. therefore, by your argument, murderers should not be trialed.

let's get back to the mass product recall of the global flood. you are saying that it is not a big deal that god killed all those people because he was calling them back to him?
No, if you bothered to read what I wrote you'd see that is not true since I addressed that
point directly.

c

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
God is not opposing himself, Pharaoh gets upset that he is losing and attacks. Again, God
has made it very clear, instead turning towards God he does his best to destroy what God
is doing. God is not schizophrenic, if those that reject God truly want to reject God they will
do so with everything they have. The only thing here that should be lesson is tha ...[text shortened]... ice is ours. If we fight against God we will lose, that part should be
very clear, ask Pharaoh.
KellyJay, God hardened the heart of Pharoah.......10 times. It is my belief, that if Pharoah could choose with his own free will, then Pharoah would have let the people go immediately. However, God intervened, and made that choice impossible.

What is the dispute here? God made sure that the plagues would happen.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
But wasn't it you recently who suggested that as long as people agree with your interpretations then there are no contradictions in the Bible? Was that not you?
I didn't say that, show me where.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
do so with everything they have. The only thing here that should be lesson is tha ...[text shortened]... ice is ours. If we fight against God we will lose, that part should be
very clear, ask Pharaoh.
What is very clear is "God hardened his (Pharaoh's ) heart. The bible is saying the only reason Pharaoh opposed God is because God hardened Pharaoh's heart.
That is the heart of this debate.

c

Moves
25 Aug 15

This is the entire dilemma with religion. Every single religion thinks that they are correct, and that all other religions are wrong. Even Christians cannot agree on too many things, which is why there are numerous versions of Christian churches. Catholics think they are right. Christians think they are right. Jehovah Witness think they are right. The comedy of beliefs is extraordinary.

No REAL God would have our community looking like such fools. Something is very wrong with this religious picture.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Aug 15

This is the entire dilemma with religion. Every single religion thinks that they are correct, and that all other religions are wrong. Even Christians cannot agree on too many things, which is why there are numerous versions of Christian churches. Catholics think they are right. Christians think they are right. Jehovah Witness think they are right. The ...[text shortened]... ave our community looking like such fools. Something is very wrong with this religious picture.
Yes, I agree. Who is behind all the confusion though?

c

Moves
25 Aug 15

Yes, I agree. Who is behind all the confusion though?
Even if one were to say that 'Satan' is behind the confusion. It does not account for the fact that God seems to be losing here.

If God gave us a book, the Bible, to know Him......it seems that you cannot get 3 people to agree on anything that is in the Bible.

In the book of Job....God made a 'bet' with Satan, and allowed horrors to come to Job, and his family. What kind of God does that? As I have said, something is very wrong with our Bible.

F

Moves
25 Aug 15

It's the distinct impression I got from the exchanges between you and me and Ghost of a Duke on pages 4-5 of Soteriological Reductio Ad Absurdum. If instead, you are conceding that there ARE contradictions in the Bible and that your interpretations may be wrong and those of others correct, then I suppose I might be mistaken in thinking that you are declaring your own cherry picking to be always correct.

F

Moves
25 Aug 15

Even if one were to say that 'Satan' is behind the confusion.
If you do not subscribe to the Bible, and you really believe and claim there exists a supernatural figure called "Satan", what evidence are you basing your claim on?

c

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
It's the distinct impression I got from the exchanges between you and me and Ghost of a Duke on pages 4-5 of Soteriological Reductio Ad Absurdum. If instead, you are conceding that there ARE contradictions in the Bible and that your interpretations may be wrong and those of others correct, then I suppose I might be mistaken in thinking that you are declaring your own cherry picking to be always correct.
FMF......do you realize how much of a troll you are????

You NEVER have anything valid to add to a discussion. The only thing you do is challenge other REAL posters on what they have said. You never, never add anything to a debate.

You are like a child FMF. If you disappeared from these forums.....we would be lucky. Because you NEVER have anything worthy to discuss....EVER. You are a bad, bad troll.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
25 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
It may be the impression you got, but what I said is ...
"Apparent contradictions are due to...
1- verses read out of context
2- words with a poor translation
3- the readers own bias or lack of understanding
4- not understanding the culture in which it was written
5- not understanding figures of speech or when they can be applied.
to name just a few. There are other reasons, I'm sure. "
I did not say anything about my interpretation is the only right way. It is an example of tools used to understanding the bible.

F

Moves
25 Aug 15

FMF......do you realize how much of a troll you are????

You NEVER have anything valid to add to a discussion. The only thing you do is challenge other REAL posters on what they have said. You never, never add anything to a debate.

You are like a child FMF. If you disappeared from these forums.....we would be lucky. Because you NEVER have anything worthy to discuss....EVER. You are a bad, bad troll.

You've said this before. There are still on-topic questions that you are unable to answer. I think there is a direct link between me asking you questions that you find inconvenient and the substance free post of yours above.

If you are to intervene in my exchange with checkbaiter, which is your prerogative, of course, then perhaps you ought to have a look at pages 4-5 of Soteriological Reductio Ad Absurdum first.