Weak Christian

Weak Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
So, you're not interested in why you are weak, what you should do about it, or what Jesus taught? You only want to deflect from sensitive issues and focus on my previous statements from over a year ago?

"Go and sin NO more".
The words of Jesus.
Was the statement "I've always considered myself a Christian" in your first ever post, a lie?

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Was the statement "I've always considered myself a Christian" in your first ever post, a lie?
No, that is true.

If I have said otherwise since, or have said I was never a Christian, it's likely because I was drunk and pissed off.

Happy now? Does it make you feel good to have me admit mistakes? No problem Dive.

F

Moves
28 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by chaney3 to divegeester
No, that is true [that I have always considered myself a Christian]. If I have said otherwise since, or have said I was never a Christian, it's likely because I was drunk and pissed off. Happy now? Does it make you feel good to have me admit mistakes?
If you don't admit "mistakes" such as this, then you will find yourself being branded as a liar.

It should feel good to you to be trying to free yourself of such a brand.

So attempting to mock the person who has finally succeeded in getting you to admit that you have claimed false things about yourself is small minded of you.

Telling the truth should set you free, as they say, rather than make you seem petty and small.

Your drunken abusive behaviour aside, I have had your card marked as a liar for about two years. So it's good that you have now set the record straight and I can toss that card away.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 May 17

As long as Jesus can get into you and become your constitution every problem can be solved.

As long as we take away the restrictions and the cautionary barriers in our heart to letting Jesus come in and occupy our hearts, every weakness He can empower us to overcome.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17
2 edits

No, that is true.

If I have said otherwise since, or have said I was never a Christian, it's likely because I was drunk and pissed off.
So do you still consider yourself a Christian (I assume from your post admitting to claim otherwise was a mistake, that you must be), and if so why has it been so difficult for you to admit it?

Edit: I agree with what fmf said above by the way.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 17

So, you're not interested in why you are weak, what you should do about it, or what Jesus taught? You only want to deflect from sensitive issues and focus on my previous statements from over a year ago?

"Go and sin NO more".
The words of Jesus.
Why worry about someone who is only interested in pissing on other people's lives?
He attacks he does not build up, he insults he does not comfort, focus on what is
important don't worry about someone who is only here to belittle and cause strife.

F

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay about divegeester
Why worry about someone who is only interested in pissing on other people's lives?
He attacks he does not build up, he insults he does not comfort, focus on what is
important don't worry about someone who is only here to belittle and cause strife.
But aren't you yourself "pissing on his life" here?

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
If you don't admit "mistakes" such as this, then you will find yourself being branded as a liar.

It should feel good to [b]you
to be trying to free yourself of such a brand.

So attempting to mock the person who has finally succeeded in getting you to admit that you have claimed false things about yourself is small minded of you.

Telling the truth ...[text shortened]... two years. So it's good that you have now set the record straight and I can toss that card away.[/b]
When I started posting on this site, I considered myself a Christian, but had major doubts.

I don't fully understand why the "liar" brand surfaced. I have been publicly open and transparent about excessive 'drinking and posting', so why would I lie about Christianity?

Perhaps there has been a failure of communication between me, you and Dive.

Let's clear it up.

#1. I was a Christian
#2. Ugly doubt surfaced
#3. I don't really know what I am at the moment. I believe in a God, am uncertain about ALL of the Bible, and don't know where I stand regarding Jesus and His identity.

I don't feel that I have been lying, but it's obvious that others believe I have.

F

Moves
28 May 17

I don't fully understand why the "liar" brand surfaced. I have been publicly open and transparent about excessive 'drinking and posting', so why would I lie about Christianity?

Let's clear it up.

#1. I was a Christian
#2. Ugly doubt surfaced
#3. I don't really know what I ...[text shortened]... s identity.

I don't feel that I have been lying, but it's obvious that others believe I have.
Perhaps you lied because you were "drinking and posting".

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Perhaps you lied because you were "drinking and posting".
Perhaps I was just being an idiot while drinking and posting.

Not a liar.

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
So do you still consider yourself a Christian (I assume from your post admitting to claim otherwise was a mistake, that you must be), and if so why has it been so difficult for you to admit it?

Edit: I agree with what fmf said above by the way.
I have replied to FMF.
Feel free to jump in with any questions or concerns.

F

Moves
28 May 17

Perhaps I was just being an idiot while drinking and posting.

Not a liar.
Well if you said - drinking or no drinking - that you had never been a Christian - was it a lie? Apparently yes.

Do you remember blaming Jesus for your alcoholism?

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well if you said - drinking or no drinking - that you had never been a Christian - was it a lie? Apparently yes.

Do you remember blaming Jesus for your alcoholism?
One thing at a time.

IF I ever said, while drinking, that I was never a Christian, then I made an error, but I don't consider it a lie. But it seems that you and Dive, and maybe others, have branded me a liar, which I believe is harsh.

I was a Christian.

c

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
I do have respect for the forum and the people who post here. I have been branded a liar and feel it necessary to try and clear it up.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

When I started posting on this site, I considered myself a Christian, but had major doubts.

Let' ...[text shortened]... s identity.

I think if it wa as simple as this you wouldn't have prevaricated for so long. I suspect this is the actual truth, yes, but at the time you started posting and saying you have always considered yourself to be a Christian, you had already turned away, so we're not being entirely honest. Then, when you claimed you had "never been a Christian" you were plain lying.

Motive? I think you liked to try and play from both sides of the fairway, so to speak. You tried to enjoy the forum position of pretending to be a Christian and then, later when you had forgetten what you had said, you tried to pretend you had never been one. Yes, dishonesty and I for one saw straight through it.

So now we may have the truth about your actual beliefs, but you are still lying about your intent in those early days here, but that's by the by.

So this is why I've been chasing you down over it.