Weak Christian

Weak Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17
2 edits

Originally posted by chaney3
So, Dive and FMF,

Are we now done with this, and moving forward? Or is there more to discuss?
You seem to want to clear up whatever it is, but I'm still not unequivocally clear on whether you consider yourself to be a Christian or not. You either are or you are not. You can be an ex-Christian, you can be considering becoming one, you can be considering not being one anymore, you can be ex but still theist, you can be ex and now atheist, you can be many things...but you cannot be a Christian and not be one at the same time.

Edit: if you want any chance of being taken seriously in this forum you have to stand in one corner or another, you can't flit about from one to another pretending to be sincere and barking like a demented little dog, which is what you tend to do.

Moves
28 May 17
2 edits

So, Dive and FMF,

Are we now done with this, and moving forward? Or is there more to discuss?
I just can't seem to understand why you would want the approval of these two repugnant, siamese twin cyberbullies. You don't need their affirmation or approval, you don't owe them anything.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

Here's my postition just to show fair play:

I'm a Christian, absolutely and unequivocally. But i have major issues with some of the teachings based on what I consider to be poor interpretations of complex spiritual issues. Furthermore I have issues with God with topics such as the flood and the violence in the OT. However I stand to be enlightened on this one day sooner or later, but my issue remains and I will reason it out with my God as he invites us to. I also have issues with faith. Sometimes my faith is weak and my behaviour frequently poor in contrast to the standards written about in the NT. on the other hand I find it impossible to not believe for some reason. I have lots of doubts but he, Jesus, sustains me I believe.
So I'm a weak, flawed Christian.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
I just can't seem to understand why you would want the approval of these two repugnant, siamese twin cyberbullies. You don't need their affirmation or approval, you don't owe them anything.
You are sounding more like Suzianne every day. Running out of ideas?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by divegeester
You are sounding more like Suzianne every day. Running out of ideas?
Thats the worse insult I have ever seen on this forum.. shame on you 😀

Moves
28 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Thats the worse insult I have ever seen on this forum.. shame on you 😀
Actually it would be worse if he said I sounded like you. 😀

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

Actually it would be worse if he said I sounded like you. 😀
I think if you took a leaf out chaney3's book you might begin to fair a little better.

c

Moves
28 May 17

Here's my postition just to show fair play:

I'm a Christian, absolutely and unequivocally. But i have major issues with some of the teachings based on what I consider to be poor interpretations of complex spiritual issues. Furthermore I have issues with God with topics such as the flood and the violence in the OT. However I stand to be enlightened on ...[text shortened]... n. I have lots of doubts but he, Jesus, sustains me I believe.
So I'm a weak, flawed Christian.
Fair play, indeed.

Your thoughts in this post are not too far off from my current position, except that I have not yet committed to calling myself a Christian today.

However, if I did call myself a Christian today, I would not consider myself anything close to a good Christian.

So, I'm torn, and waddling in the middle of the lake, far off from both sides of shore, as Ghost once described me. It's a terrible place to be.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17
1 edit

Fair play, indeed.

Your thoughts in this post are not too far off from my current position, except that I have not yet committed to calling myself a Christian today.

However, if I did call myself a Christian today, I would not consider myself anything close to a good Christian.

So, I'm torn, and waddling in the middle of the lake, far off from both sides of shore, as Ghost once described me. It's a terrible place to be.
Being unsure is always a good place to be, because it keeps us hungry. I'm always wary of Christians who have it all buttoned up.

One thing I do like about you is your hunger for truth, I don't think you fake this. There is a real sense of urgency in you to understand and believe. In my humble opinion this aspect to you is from the Lord. The reason I believe this is that without his energy we all turn away, passively, sometimes aggressively, but we all turn and stop seeking.

The bible (somewhere), I think it's Jesus who says, "blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness". This hunger is not from ourselves in my opinion.

Moves
28 May 17
1 edit

I think if you took a leaf out chaney3's book you might begin to fair a little better.
I see you have, fair play. I think we all can.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17

I see you have, fair play. I think we all can.
🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 May 17

I do have respect for the forum and the people who post here. I have been branded a liar and feel it necessary to try and clear it up.
I promise you no matter what you do or say it never be enough with some here. Not only that they will twist somethings you say just to accuse you. If your seeking approval you're not going to get it.

c

Moves
28 May 17

Being unsure is always a good place to be, because it keeps us hungry. I'm always wary of Christians who have it all buttoned up.

One thing I do like about you is your hunger for truth, I don't think you fake this. There is a real sense of urgency in you to understand and believe. In my humble opinion this aspect to you is from the Lord. The reason I ...[text shortened]... ey who hunger and thirst after righteousness". This hunger is not from ourselves in my opinion.
Thanks a-hole.*

Yes, I have a sincere hunger for the truth.

*for balance. 🙂
and joking of course.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 17
1 edit

Yes, I have a sincere hunger for the truth.
Well my humble advice is to fan the flames of that hunger, but remember a couple of things if I can be so bold;

1) you won't find what you are looking for in this forum anymore than the women would not find what they were looking for in the tomb. "Why seek the living among the dead?"

2) we are all flawed, and much much more flawed than you are in your alcoholism. Resist it of course, but dont be too hard on yourself by comparing yourself to others. We are all crap.

c

Moves
28 May 17

Well my humble advice is to fan the flames of that hunger, but remember a couple of things if I can be so bold;

1) you won't find what you are looking for in this forum anymore than the women would not find what they were looking for in the tomb. "Why seek the living among the dead?"

2) we are all flawed, and much much more flawed than you are in ...[text shortened]... it of course, but dont be too hard on yourself by comparing yourself to others. We are all crap.
Thank you Dive.

It appears that I must find a new arch-enemy.

FMF it is!!