Using Dianetics to Improve in Chess

Using Dianetics to Improve in Chess

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
30 Jul 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Yes, I have. It's been a while though. I remember there was an excellent article in the introduction about the scientific method or something like that, but if I remember correctly, Hubbard was not the author of that article and it was not written for the book.

Dianetics seems worth investigating, but there's nothing religious about it. I don ...[text shortened]... if I remember correctly. It's been a long time though and I didn't study the book thoroughly.
OK, thanks for that input.
Dianetics is more of a science of the mind, then a religion. After doing the research and finding out more about the mind, and people, Hubbard discovered that people get better by addressing them as spiritual beings, so he researched further. and founded Scientology. which basically means knowing how to know.
Scientology is actually the oldest religion on the planet.
You can get more information at a local org, or the dianetics site.
www.scientology.org
www.dianetics.org
Thanks

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
30 Jul 05

Originally posted by Grandmouster
OK, thanks for that input.
www.scientology.org
www.dianetics.org
Thanks
I'm sorry, did I phrase the question negatively?

Grandmouster, who is Xenu?

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
31 Jul 05

Originally posted by David C
I'm sorry, did I phrase the question negatively?

Grandmouster, who is Xenu?
AS far as i know, that is a made up story leaked on the internet.
Im not the terminal for these kind of questions.
See a trained Scientologist at a local org or mission, or check out the links I posted

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
31 Jul 05

Do you have a list of all the levels, ranks, or steps one progresses through in Scientology? I am aware of Clear and Operating Thetan (OT). I also remember from Dianetics mention of some other state, but it's been a while. I've also heard of OT III, which is supposedly when you learn of Xenu (which you say is not a Scientology belief as far as you know).

I can't seem to find the path of progression on scientology.org.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
31 Jul 05

Do you have a list of all the levels, ranks, or steps one progresses through in Scientology? I am aware of Clear and Operating Thetan (OT). I also remember from Dianetics mention of some other state, but it's been a while. I've also heard of OT III, which is supposedly when you learn of Xenu (which you say is not a Scientology belief as far as you know).

I can't seem to find the path of progression on scientology.org.
You can find what is called a "grade chart" which is a diagram of the steps in scientology to get to the top of the "bridge to total freedom"
at any org. or here:
http://www.scientology.org/en_US/religion/bridge/pg001.html

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Jul 05
2 edits

You can find what is called a "grade chart" which is a diagram of the steps in scientology to get to the top of the "bridge to total freedom"
at any org. or here:
http://www.scientology.org/en_US/religion/bridge/pg001.html
This is truly approaching the point of hilarity. Ascending the "grade chart" to the "bridge to total freedom"? This sounds like a role playing game.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
31 Jul 05

GM, may I ask what level you are at on the Processing chart?

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
31 Jul 05

GM, may I ask what level you are at on the Processing chart?
Im not that high on the chart, I finished the Purification rundown, and im going to start the TR's & Objectives. But i have done several course's that are not on the chart. Including the Hubbard Dianetics Auditor Course, and the Basic Study Manual and a few other things.
Like i said, i was off and on, having similar objections, and ignorance about it, even though i was involved for most of my life via my parents.
a few years ago I got involved with a great woman, whom i wanted to be with forever, and decided i needed to change what was f' ed up in my life, so i did the Purif, and got Dianetics auditing, Ethics (o'w's) and plan to get to at least clear.
What is really remarkable about Scientology, is you can still be whatever religion you want, and still go up the bridge. I know quite a few practicing Catholics, Jews, Buddist, Baptist, etc, who take courses and processing.
In fact Scientology has gone to other counties and fought for the rights or other religions who where getting attacked by suppresive people in other governments.
These are not facts you will hear about in the media.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
31 Jul 05

Im not that high on the chart, I finished the Purification rundown, and im going to start the TR's & Objectives. But i have done several course's that are not on the chart. Including the Hubbard Dianetics Auditor Course, and the Basic Study Manual and a few other things.
Like i said, i was off and on, having similar objections, and ignorance about it ...[text shortened]... suppresive people in other governments.
These are not facts you will hear about in the media.
What are TR's?

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
31 Jul 05

What are TR's?
From the scientology web site glossary:
TRs: abbreviation for training routines, practical drills which can greatly increase a student’s ability in essential auditing skills, such as communication.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
31 Jul 05

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Did you ever get the RPF treatment?
RPF? Can't say I've heard of it unless I'm overtly witholding it from myself. That reminds me, time for my 12 o'clock meeting with Thomas C.

What does RPF stand for?

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
31 Jul 05

See a trained Scientologist at a local org or mission, or check out the links I posted
You are the one prostelyzing Scientology. Don't you owe it to us and yourself to be a "terminal" for these questions? Furthermore, how can you suggest that Scientology is the answer when you are admittedly not a "trained Scientologist"?

It's beside the point. Let's continue. I'll try to keep the questions simple.

How much do the auditing sessions cost?

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
31 Jul 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
RPF? Can't say I've heard of it unless I'm overtly witholding it from myself. That reminds me, time for my 12 o'clock meeting with Thomas C.

What does RPF stand for?
Rehabilitation Projects Force

It sounds like a labor camp, where members of a certan "ethics condition" are imprisoned and worked "day and night"

http://www.scientology-lies.com/imprisonment.policy.html

Many people here allege that they were given RPF treatment against their will:
http://www.scientology-lies.com/imprisonment.html

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
31 Jul 05

Do you deny any knowledge of Xenu and the Galactic Confederacy?

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
31 Jul 05
2 edits

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Rehabilitation Projects Force

It sounds like a labor camp, where members of a certan "ethics condition" are imprisoned and worked "day and night"

http://www.scientology-lies.com/imprisonment.policy.html

Many people here ...[text shortened]... nst their will:
http://www.scientology-lies.com/imprisonment.html
'Sounds like it would send anyone mad.

They kept people who had had a psychotic
breakdown in isolation until they promised
to be good? LOL

I thought they used a drug called Risperdol
to treat psychotic breakdowns and the same
drug to keep people sane when in isolation
for long periods (see 'old boy', great film).

So keeping a person recovering from a psychotic
breakdown in isolation without double strength
drugs would torture.

Torture them until they agree to what we think.