Using Dianetics to Improve in Chess

Using Dianetics to Improve in Chess

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
GM, stop advertising. You've said what you had to say. Why do you keep bumping your own thread with nothing more than links?
I would have thought that was obvious. His cult has nothing to contribute to serious debate. I had the misfotune of being approached by a Scientologist outside Tower Hill underground station in London the other day. He offered me a free stress test and literally would not take no for an answer, suffice to say, being British I have an inbuilt ability to keep walking in the face of adversity and managed to eventually get into the station. This prompted me to read up a bit more about these lunatics, and that's when I came across Xenu. In GM style, I shall provide you with a link for your personal amusement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
01 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Grandmouster
Theres a lot of great technology in scientology for anyone who wants to improve their chess.
www.clearbodyclearmind.org
www.dianetics.org
www.scientology.org
As well as several mini-courses, that help people actualy learn what the ...[text shortened]... study manual" is essential for anyone striving to excel in chess
If you post that link one more time I'm gonna
alert the mods.

I might anyway, I'll see how my day pans out.

This is a debating forum, not personal ad space
for your creepy society.

and if you come at me with that overt withwhatever
stuff, I'll personally teach you to pass literature.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by Thequ1ck

and if you come at me with that overt withwhatever
stuff, I'll personally teach you to pass literature.

Too slow, he's scurried into that wee hole in the skirting board.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by Starrman
This prompted me to read up a bit more about these lunatics, and that's when I came across Xenu. In GM style, I shall provide you with a link for your personal amusement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu
He never was much good at science fiction, was he?

Wonder if the "Ron" was held in common with Prez. Ron Raygun.

I was interested in Sea Org, Hubbard's fleet of ships. In the course of a half-hearted search (how much energy should one spend even on debunking this rot) I came across this diary of a dying scientologist (one of many, I am sure)..."Albert Jaquier gave Scientology his all, and Scientology repaid him by leaving him to spend his last days alone, in ill-health, poverty and despair"
( http://www.xenu.net/archive/photoalbum/jaquier.html )

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Aug 05
1 edit

AS far as i know, that is a made up story leaked on the internet.
Im not the terminal for these kind of questions.
See a trained Scientologist at a local org or mission, or check out the links I posted
Are you dense? Maybe "diharretics" can help you understand specific words, but it obviously hasn't helped your reading comprehension. Here is what I asked, try to follow along...(maybe some Ritalin would help you focus?):

How much do the auditing sessions cost?

Since you have been reduced to posting pointless links from "personal testimony" of brainwashed saps like yourself, I don't hold much hope that you'll be participating in this thread much longer...after your Ethics officer gets a load of what you've been up to, and how you're exposing Scientology to public ridicule, I suppose your Internet privileges will be removed.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Aug 05

Funny...there doesn't seem to be any RHP xtians on this thread. Does it hit too close to home for some of you? I suppose if Constantine had Hubbard's material at Nicea, you'd all be wearing little volcanoes on chains around your necks. Jesus would just be another Johnny-come-lately post modern hippy with wild hair and wilder ideas.

l

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by David C
Funny...there doesn't seem to be any RHP xtians on this thread. Does it hit too close to home for some of you? I suppose if Constantine had Hubbard's material at Nicea, you'd all be wearing little volcanoes on chains around your necks. Jesus would just be another Johnny-come-lately post modern hippy with wild hair and wilder ideas.
Comparing Scientology to Christianity? Now your true intentions come out... Last time I heard, Christian churches don't keep people in chicken-wire cages...

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by lioyank
Last time I heard, Christian churches don't keep people in chicken-wire cages...
Not recently anyway, eh lioyank?

I don't think I've ever made a secret of my objections to xtianity, or organized religion in general. Nor is this the first time I've drawn a comparison of Scientology to Christianity. So, now what?

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
01 Aug 05

http://www.scientology.org/oca.htm#

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
01 Aug 05

http://www.counselingthatworks.com/stress.htm

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Aug 05

Come on, Grandmouster, say something. Speak to us. Regale us with tales of Incident II, when Xenu, ruler of the Galactic Confederacy, brought billions of people to Earth 75 million years ago, stacked them around volcanoes, and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Then maybe we'll fully understand the problems their clustered souls continue to cause people today.

We know that L. Ron Hubbard himself laid great importance on these events, saying they constituted, "the secrets of a disaster which resulted in the decay of life as we know it in this sector of the galaxy." So surely you must agree with the master on these points. Even though the details of these events are kept strictly confidential within the church, the general gist of it has been widely known since Hubbard made his breakthrough research in 1967.

So, come on, Grandmouster, we're dying to hear the inside scoop on these (and other) cataclysmic events. Only your pesonal testimony can lead us to the promised land. Posting links just ain't gonna cut it.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
01 Aug 05

suppressive person: a person who possesses a distinct set of characteristics and mental attitudes that cause him to suppress other people in his vicinity. This is the person whose behavior is calculated to be disastrous. Also called antisocial personality.

antisocial personality: a person who possesses a distinct set of characteristics and mental attitudes that cause him to suppress other people in his vicinity. This is the person whose behavior is calculated to be disastrous. Also called suppressive person

counter-effort: an effort of something or someone in a person’s environment against that person.

determinism: the ability to direct or determine the actions of someone or something. Thus something done “on one’s own determinism” would be caused by the person himself, not by a force exterior to him.
overt: a harmful act or a transgression against the moral code of a group. When a person does something that is contrary to the moral code he has agreed to, or when he omits to do something that he should have done per that moral code, he has committed an overt. An overt violates what was agreed upon. An overt can be intentional or unintentional.

withhold: an overt a person has committed but is not talking about; an unspoken, unannounced transgression against a moral code by which a person was bound. Any withhold comes after an overt. See also overt in this glossary.

missed withhold: a withhold which has almost been found out by another, that leaves the person who has the withhold in a state of wondering whether or not his hidden deed is known. See also withhold in this glossary.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
01 Aug 05

http://www.religioustolerance.org/scientol.htm

l

Moves
01 Aug 05

suppressive person: a person who possesses a distinct set of characteristics and mental attitudes that cause him to suppress other people in his vicinity. This is the person whose behavior is calculated to be disastrous. Also called antisocial personality.

antisocial personality: a person who possesses a distinct set of characteristics and mental at ...[text shortened]... ng whether or not his hidden deed is known. See also withhold in this glossary.

most likely already brainwashed, and certainly avoiding the questions being posed in this forum: Grandmouster

l

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by David C
Not recently anyway, eh lioyank?

I don't think I've ever made a secret of my objections to xtianity, or organized religion in general. Nor is this the first time I've drawn a comparison of Scientology to Christianity. So, now what?
Now what? Nothing. You go on living your life, and I go on living mine. What more were you expecting?
Obviously, if you think that all organized religion is worthless and brings no benefits, there is no convincing you otherwise.