Turn to the dark side

Turn to the dark side

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Repeatedly posting false statements and false doctrines don’t make them true, kiddo.
Even devils have faith too ...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18
1 edit

Repeatedly posting false statements and false doctrines don’t make them true, kiddo.
..by WORKS a man is justified, and NOT by faith only. (James 2:24 KJV)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Not faith that Jesus is their Saviour, kiddo. Not faith that Jesus made them righteous (in right standing with God.) Not faith that Jesus’ sacrifice and Resurrection have given them an eternal home in heaven.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

[b]..by WORKS a man is justified, and NOT by faith only. (James 2:24 KJV)[/b]
If memory serves, James is speaking of justification before men, not God. In other words, it is by works that man demonstrates his Christianity to other men.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18

If memory serves, James is speaking of justification before men, not God. In other words, it is by works that man demonstrates his Christianity to other men.
More garbage

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

More garbage
Nice rejoinder!

I can tell you put a lot of thought into it lol

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18

Nice rejoinder!

I can tell you put a lot of thought into it lol
Your garbage does not need a lot of thought.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Mar 18

Can they quote scripture without knowing what it means?

Because we've all seen a lot of this around here lately.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Can they quote scripture without knowing what it means?

Because we've all seen a lot of this around here lately.
Romans? Sonship?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Romans? Sonship?
Yep .. and all the once saved always saved Christians,
who boast that they have eternal life and not even God can revoke it.
who boast that they can sin all they want and still get into 'heaven'
who belittle and ridicule those who speak of living righteously
who condemn those who actually try to do good works

Imagine that is where Christianity is today.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Mar 18

Yep .. and all the once saved always saved Christians,
who boast that they have eternal life and not even God can revoke it.
who boast that they can sin all they want and still get into 'heaven'
who belittle and ridicule those who speak of living righteously
who condemn those who actually try to do good works

Imagine that is where Christianity is today.
Nobody has said what you claim. This is just more of your bearing false witness against other people.

You seem to sin more than anyone else in here. You continually misrepresent and lie about what other posters have said and condemn them to hell for not believing in your false doctrines.

You know why you sin so much? Because you haven’t accepted Jesus Christ into your heart and you’re trying to stop sinning and trying to be righteous (in right standing with God) on your own. You can’t do it, tiger. Jesus Christ is the only way.

Will your sinful and foolish pride forever keep you from realizing this?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Mar 18
1 edit

Nobody has said what you claim. This is just more of your bearing false witness against other people.

You seem to sin more than anyone else in here. You continually misrepresent and lie about what other posters have said and condemn them to hell for not believing in your false doctrines.

You know why you sin so much? Because you haven’t accepted Je ...[text shortened]... ist is the only way.

Will your sinful and foolish pride forever keep you from realizing this?
What threads are you reading kid?
Rajk IS righteous .

You do realize truth is not a popularity contest , rite?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke...

Which is more likely, an atheist going on to worship something he doesn't believe in, or a Christian looking at the evil in the world, deciding the devil is winning the battle, and deciding therefore to switch allegiance? (Yep, that was the contentious bit).
I think you just said god is not in control here. That would be an elephant in the room.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
In another thread, a Christian made this casual statement:

"Atheism is only a temporary stop along the way to Satan worship."

In response, I would like to offer a rather contentious rebuttal. An atheist rejects the existence of God and with it all biblical myth, which includes stories of devils and demons. An atheist doesn't reject God in or ...[text shortened]... g the battle, and deciding therefore to switch allegiance? (Yep, that was the contentious bit).
<<Which is more likely, an atheist going on to worship something he doesn't believe in, or a Christian looking at the evil in the world, deciding the devil is winning the battle, and deciding therefore to switch allegiance? (Yep, that was the contentious bit).>>

So what God stands for and what the devil stands for are irrelevant? It’s just a matter of which side is “winning?”

But beyond that, the question is nonsensical in that God already has won. And Christians know that.

“Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:”

(Isaiah 46:9-10)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Mar 18
1 edit

Your hypothetical also presupposes that God and the devil are on equal footing. Not the case.

God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. The devil is none of these.

Even if God hadn’t already won (and He has,) He would win just based on the imbalance between Himself and the devil.

All the devil can try to do before he’s ultimately crushed is destroy as much of God’s Creation (specifically humans) as possible, and, because humans have free will, he’ll destroy more than a few.