Turn to the dark side

Turn to the dark side

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
12 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Whats the matter now Whodey?

All along you are answering within 2 or 3 minutes and as soon as I ask about where Jesus makes these statements you disappear ... only to reappear in a few days and make the same stupid statements, in another thread ... pathetic.
Asking this, you obviously discount pretty much everything Paul taught as well as the commentary from the gospels on the issue.

Do you also discount Isaiah 53?

He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]

He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.

After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.

Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors

Christ said to look to the prophets that wrote about him.

S. Korea

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Did sonship talk about the "worship" of Satan or did he talk about people coming under the influence of Satan or being unknowingly tricked by Satan or some such? He's talking about "worship of Satan" I think.
This is irrelevant if you did not read my post on p. 1.

S. Korea

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Apologies, missed this post by you, among all of Roman's trolling. (In the same way I once missed an important training email in my in-box due to all the spam about claiming for car accident injuries or buying fake passports).

Do you not think sonship's use of the term Satan 'worship' is key here? Had he said 'atheism is a temporary stop on the w ...[text shortened]... ld anyone not taking literally his statement that atheism was a journey towards 'Satan worship?'
No, that distinction isn't so relevant because any sort of rational egoism and inversion of the good is worship of Satan whether it is done by name to Satan or not.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @whodey
Asking this, you obviously discount pretty much everything Paul taught as well as the commentary from the gospels on the issue.

so he did not open his mou ...[text shortened]... ntercession for the transgressors

What did Jesus say?

Nothing!!

If you would like to learn something new instead of regurgitating the same old doctrine.... let me know

Moves
13 Mar 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
No, that distinction isn't so relevant because any sort of rational egoism and inversion of the good is worship of Satan whether it is done by name to Satan or not.
Perhaps you missed sonship's 'clarification' in this thread? (Though personally think he just dug a deeper hole for himself). He wrote:

"I meant more that world history for anti-theists / atheist unbelief climaxes in an arrival to the worship of Antichrist and Satan who gives him his great authority."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @whodey

so he did not open his mou ...[text shortened]... ntercession for the transgressors

It is critical for proper understanding of the scriptures, and to know how one can get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, to place all these teachings in order and in some kind of priority.

Jesus said to look to the prophets to gain a greater understanding, but it is the words of Jesus that gives eternal life. It is not the words of Isaiah or David that gives eternal life. The teachings of Jesus comes first. Everyone else is last.

SO if you learn to place all these teachings in some kind of priority then your doctrine would not be so convoluted and so wrong.

Jesus said nothing about his death and resurrection and understanding this as a prerequisite for eternal life. That is the truth. There are many other things that Jesus said that is necessary for eternal life. These are the things to focus on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

It is critical for proper understanding of the scriptures, and to know how one can get eternal life in the Kingdom of God, to place all these teachings in order and in some kind of priority.

Jesus said to look to the prophets to gain a greater understanding, but it is the words of Jesus that gives eternal life. It is not the words of Isaiah or David that ...[text shortened]... her things that Jesus said that is necessary for eternal life. These are the things to focus on.
Jesus said to believe on Him for eternal life and demonstrated numerous times that faith made someone whole and that belief was all that was needed for God’s power to be shown through miracles.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
Jesus said to believe on Him for eternal life and demonstrated numerous times that faith made someone whole and that belief was all that was needed for God’s power to be shown through miracles.
Good for you .. bear in mind your doctrine constitutes mouthworship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Good for you .. bear in mind your doctrine constitutes mouthworship.
No it doesn’t.

An aversion to sin and good works follow an acceptance of Christ and the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit.

You continually try to separate good works from belief in and acceptance of Christ. Why is that?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

No it doesn’t.

An aversion to sin and good works follow an acceptance of Christ and the indwelling of God’s Holy Spirit.

You continually try to separate good works from belief in and acceptance of Christ. Why is that?
Because they are in fact two separate things.
Faith without works is dead.
There is faith with works which is alive
There is faith without works which is dead.
Therefore there are some who accept Christ and do no good works
There are some who accept Christ and they do good works.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Because they are in fact two separate things.
Faith without works is dead.
There is faith with works which is alive
There is faith without works which is dead.
Therefore there are some who accept Christ and do no good works
There are some who accept Christ and they do good works.
Anyone whose heart is not changed by accepting Christ did not genuinely and sincerely accept Him because God’s Holy Spirit did not indwell him or her. Why is that so hard to understand? Or do you discount or diminish the power of God’s Holy Spirit to change the heart, and consequently heart and life, of a believer?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

Anyone whose heart is not changed by accepting Christ did not genuinely and sincerely accept Him because God’s Holy Spirit did not indwell him or her. Why is that so hard to understand? Or do you discount or diminish the power of God’s Holy Spirit to change the heart, and consequently heart and life, of a believer?
Its not hard to understand what you say.
The problem is what you say is not in the Bible.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Its not hard to understand what you say.
The problem is what you say is not in the Bible.
It is indeed in the Bible. It’s throughout the Bible.

But since you mock people who read the Bible, I’m not surprised you don’t know this.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Mar 18

It is indeed in the Bible. It’s throughout the Bible.

But since you mock people who read the Bible, I’m not surprised you don’t know this.
Jesus and all the Apostles wrote clearly about faith without works.
Its not a foregone conclusion that someone with faith will automatically have works.
They are two separate things.

Some have faith alone
Some have works alone
Some have faith and works

Jesus will judge.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Mar 18

Jesus and all the Apostles wrote clearly about faith without works.
Its not a foregone conclusion that someone with faith will automatically have works.
They are two separate things.

Some have faith alone
Some have works alone
Some have faith and works

Jesus will judge.
Repeatedly posting false statements and false doctrines don’t make them true, kiddo.