They can't all be right.

They can't all be right.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
And here I thought RJH was the last ignorant fundamentalist in these parts.
Is Eladar right though, from a Christian perspective, when he says that abortion and homosexual sex are "sins"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by Eladar
When the Holy Spirit enters a heart, it looks the same as a demon possession.
Why do the odds that you actually know what you're talking about always approach zero?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by FMF
Is Eladar right though, from a Christian perspective, when he says that abortion and homosexual sex are "sins"?
Get off my back, and stop stalking me.

F

Moves
15 Jul 17

FMF: Is Eladar right though, from a Christian perspective, when he says that abortion and homosexual sex are "sins"?

Get off my back, and stop stalking me.
Both homosexual sex and abortion have come up in this public discussion and yet ~ as a Christian ~ you cannot state whether you believe they are "sinful". This is very revealing.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 17

I asked the question. It is a simple yes or no question. A yes or no answer can't insult God.
When the Holy Spirit enters a heart, it looks the same as a demon possession.

Looks like a statement to me.

A blasphemous statement.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 17

Luke 6

[b]3 “For a good tree does not bear bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44 For every tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they gather grapes from a bramble bush. 45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings ...[text shortened]... of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Does Jesus describe a third kind of man?[/b]
You're certainly the king of comparing apples and oranges.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by FMF
Both homosexual sex and abortion have come up in this public discussion and yet ~ as a Christian ~ you cannot state whether you believe they are "sinful". This is very revealing.
I'm not talking to you, period.

What is "revealing" is how you continue to follow me around like a puppy dog to ceaselessly attack me. Please stop.

E

Moves
15 Jul 17

[b]When the Holy Spirit enters a heart, it looks the same as a demon possession.

Looks like a statement to me.

A blasphemous statement.[/b]
Yeah, I'm sure that is what your heart told you write.

E

Moves
15 Jul 17

What is "revealing" is how you continue to follow me around like a puppy dog to ceaselessly attack me. Please stop.
One should traet others as you would want to be treated.

F

Moves
15 Jul 17

Your inability to address this straightforward issue is every bit as much a part of this discussion as Eladar's ability to address it is. You appear to attack your fellow Christian for his belief that abortion and homosexual sex are "sin" and yet resort to silly personal stuff in your efforts to avoid saying something unequivocal about these issues. Are they "sins", yes or no? Eladar has come out and stated his beliefs. You have not.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17
3 edits

If God is not in your heart, a spirit of satan will take up residence.

Isn't it the case that as Christ moves into more chambers of our psychological and spiritual "heart" the enemy of God has less and less influence over that heart ?

Christ making His home in our hearts through faith is a life long process.
He has come into my heart. And it is a collective process in an atmosphere of love and unity.

I, with all the other saints, must have Him occupy even more of my heart.

Notice the Paul tells the Ephesian Christians not of Christ having completely made His home in their hearts, but of His needed to continue to do so, ie. to a deeper and deeper level.

"That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith, ... " (Eph. 3:17)

Notice that at the end of his description of Christ making His home in the hearts of the saints Paul speaks of a filling up process which is "unto" ( eventually resulting in ) a certain climax, This filling up with Christ culminates with the saints being filled eventually "unto" eventually "all the fullness of God."

"And to know the knowledge-surpassing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. " (v.19)

E

Moves
15 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship

Isn't it the case that as Christ moves into more chambers of our psychological and spiritual [b]"heart"
the enemy of God has less and less influence over that heart ?

Christ making His home in our hearts through faith is a life long process.
He has come into m ...[text shortened]... ing love of Christ, that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. " (v.19) [/b] [/quote][/b]
There is definitely growth in Christ. He must grow and we must diminish.

But in this forum, the badic question of what is sin vs what is acceptable to the Lord is questioned.

Pretty pathetic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17
3 edits

The "heart" in the Bible is composed of four parts.

1.) the mind
2.) the emotion
3.) the will
4.) the conscience

Christ migrates from the innermost regenerated human spirit out and into the heart of man. The Christian must open up the heart as Christ shines His light. Then by faith we receive Him as something FOR us and TO us. He blends His Person WITH our person for a kind of union and mingling.

"That He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened into the inner man, that Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith, ... " (Eph. 3:16,17)

This is a prayer that God (by the strength of His expression - His glory) would strengthened the Christian INTO the realm of his regenerated spirit - his innermost spiritual being.

Why does this need to happen? The time logged in the innermost being must become more steady SO THAT .., Christ may more and more make His home in their hearts through faith.

Much needs to be said about this.

I said that the four parts of the "heart" of man are - the mind, the emotion, the will and the conscience. For Christ to make His home in the heart the conscience is important. For it is when the conscience is convicted y Christ that we are wrong in this or that matter, the repentance opens the way for Christ to cleanse and enter into that part of our heart.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17
1 edit

There is definitely growth in Christ. He must grow and we must diminish.

But in this forum, the badic question of what is sin vs what is acceptable to the Lord is questioned.

Pretty pathetic.
Paul's prayer is that the Christians would be strengthened into that spiritual part of their being.

The bond is weak and needs to be strengthed. The time spent in the realm of the spirit is too brief. The amount of time spirit with the mind set on the spirit needs to be prolonged.

"That He would grant you ... to be STRENTHENED with power through His Spirit into the inner man ..." (v.16)

We do not linger long enough in God's presence.
The time in touch with God must be prolonged and increased.
What we occasionally visit as God's presence in us needs by His power to be increased.

This is the apostle's prayer. That we would be strengthened into that realm by the power of God's Spirit. And as more time is spent there, and the bond between our living and our abiding in the inner man is made stronger - Jesus Christ will then make His home more and more in our hearts by faith.

" ... to be strengthened with power through His Spirit into the inner man, That Christ may make His home in your hearts through faith ..." (vs16b.17a)

We can pray -

"Lord Jesus, strengthened me into my spirit. Lord Jesus my spirit is weak. Strengthened me into the presence of Christ within me. Lord Jesus, for Your eternal purpose's sake, You know You must make Your home more and more in my heart Lord Jesus. Lord I love You. Have full authority over my heart as YOUR home. By faith I take You Lord Jesus, to be my all and all."

Satan's influence is diminished and Christ's is increased.

E

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
Paul's prayer is that the Christians would be strengthened into that spiritual part of their being.

The bond is weak and needs to be strengthed. The time spent in the realm of the spirit is too brief. The amount of time spirit with the mind set on the spirit needs to be prolonged.

[b] "That He would grant you ... to be STRENTHENED with power t ...[text shortened]... to be my all and all."

Satan's influence is diminished and Christ's is increased.
What of wolves in sheep's clothing? Does the Bible say pretend they are Christians?