Theistic Evolution

Theistic Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
so the best you have is an ad hominen, sweet! one more materialistic myth busted,
neeeext!
I remember you confessing to being "closed minded" and an "ignorant" person when it comes to any science that contradicts your religious views, and as Proper Knob says, they were your words and not his. For him to quote you now in this way cannot be called an "ad hominen", robbie.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12

so the best you have is an ad hominen, sweet! one more materialistic myth busted,
neeeext!
I'm merely pointing out the arrogant delusion that is your position.

Are you going to answer the question i've asked three times now?

rc

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by FMF
I remember you confessing to being "closed minded" and an "ignorant" person when it comes to any science that contradicts your religious views, and as Proper Knob says, they were your words and not his. For him to quote you now in this way cannot be called an "ad hominen", robbie.
its not about me!

F

Moves
01 Feb 12

its not about me!
You being "closed minded" certainly is. You admitting to being "closed minded" certainly is.

rc

Moves
01 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'm merely pointing out the arrogant delusion that is your position.

Are you going to answer the question i've asked three times now?
arrogant? my man, relax there with the adjectives, its not about me, i was merely
drawing attention to the language in the article that you posted and the impression that
it gave of empiric scientific data when it was clear after reading that the vast majority
of it was opinion and speculation, i still say there is no way of knowing anything for a
certainty in this regard.

rc

Moves
01 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You being "closed minded" certainly is. You admitting to being "closed minded" certainly is.
well i now retract the statement in its entirety and all past present and future
inaccuracies of statement, there that should cover all cast ups from the past.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12

arrogant? my man, relax there with the adjectives, its not about me, i was merely
drawing attention to the language in the article that you posted and the impression that
it gave of empiric scientific data when it was clear after reading that the vast majority
of it was opinion and speculation. , i still say there is no way of knowing anything for a
It is about you. It's about you and your dismissal of anything which contradicts your religious views. It's about you and your glib dismissal of the work of 50 scientists from around the globe when you have absolutely no idea about the work and the techniques involved in that work. It is about you and your views concerning the ramifications of the data these scientists obtained. It is most definitely about you Rob.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12
1 edit

of it was opinion and speculation, i still say there is no way of knowing anything for a
Will you still consider these techniques 'opinion and speculation' when in the future geneticists begin to save peoples lives from terrible diseases?!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12

well i now retract the statement in its entirety and all past present and future
inaccuracies of statement, there that should cover all cast ups from the past.
You can't retract it, it's there laid bare for all to see and for it to be brought up when needs be. Retract it?! 😞

rc

Moves
01 Feb 12

It is about you. It's about you and your dismissal of anything which contradicts your religious views. It's about you and your glib dismissal of the work of 50 scientists from around the globe when you have absolutely no idea about the work and the techniques involved in that work. It is about you and your views concerning the ramifications of the data these scientists obtained. It is most definitely about you Rob.
its absolutely nothing to do with me!

rc

Moves
01 Feb 12
1 edit

Will you still consider these techniques 'opinion and speculation' when in the future geneticists begin to save peoples lives from terrible diseases?!
emotional blackmail!😲

rc

Moves
01 Feb 12

You can't retract it, it's there laid bare for all to see and for it to be brought up when needs be. Retract it?! 😞
i have retracted it and that is that, this ad hominen cannot be used against me when I
am busting materialistic mythologies evah evah evah evah again

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes it was sudden. Even the evolutionary scientists admit it was sudden.
They call it the Cambrian Explosion.

http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/Cambrian.pdf
When geologists say sudden they dont mean blinding light type sudden; they mean, "with the Cambrian explosion itself occurring within a 20 to 40 million
year window during the lower Cambrian period." type sudden!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12

i have retracted it and that is that, this ad hominen cannot be used against me when I
am busting materialistic mythologies evah evah evah evah again
Rob you've busted nothing, absolutely nothing. You've merely exposed your arrogant delusion towards science brought on by your cognitive dissonance. As for retracting the statement, sorry retraction not accepted.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12

emotional blackmail!😲
No blackmail, it just exposes the complete bias you have towards which scientific disciplines and resulting evidence you accept and which you glibly dismiss. The techniques used in the study i linked resulted in data which conflicted with your Biblical worldview, the resulting cognitive dissonance needed to harmonize the two would have probably blown your head clean off it's shoulders. Dismissing all of it is just plain easier. But when in a few years the techniques used in this study start to save peoples lives that of course will be okay and a good thing.