Theistic Evolution

Theistic Evolution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sure, its in the context of a question about some detail of the Mosiac law and divorce,
but Christ quotes directly from the book of Genesis, demonstrating that he not only
believed the account but used it to teach others on the basis of its authority,

(Matthew 19:3-5) . . .And Pharisees came up to him, intent on tempting him and
saying: “Is ...[text shortened]... think if i were anything other than a JW i would be an ex Christian as well, too much hypocrisy.
Well that says that he created them but it doesn't say how he created them. There is nothing there to say that he didn't created them via the process of evolution over millions of years.

--- Penguin.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

lets consider the empirical evidence, shall we, no known civilisations beyond 4000/5000
the oldest considered to be Sumerian? no known written historical data beyond 4000
years, no known art beyond an estimated ten thousand years, yet we are told that
humans have existed for how long? 100,000/ 80,000 years? why the anomaly, oh thats
right, c ...[text shortened]... efore them for 80,000 years and then
suddenly we need to write things down, not buying it PK!
I SECOND! There is no evidence like you said, it is all just speculating and thumb sucking - and to think there are people believing it.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Explain to me how we have Neanderthal DNA in our genome if you will, how does that revelation meld with your Biblical scheme of things?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100506-science-neanderthals-humans-mated-interbred-dna-gene/
The study uncovered the first solid genetic evidence that "modern" humans—or Homo sapiens—interbred with their Neanderthal neighbors, who mysteriously died out about 30,000 years ago.

Wow, we know these things died mysteriously 30,000 odd years ago, but there is no proof they even existed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by FabianFnas
"Abiogenesis is like the original creations of God. Example: the chicken."
Okay, that's according to your religion.

"Evolution (no such thing) is like the reproduction and adaptation that
God progammed into the original creations."
When you say "no such thing", then you have misunderstood the whole concept. And you know it, because you continue to ...[text shortened]... at's something for a starter.

But you will fall down to creationism again, I'm sure.
Why should i have to learn about something that only exists in the
minds of evil men? It is you that need to learn about the Truth of God.
😏

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

Will you still consider these techniques 'opinion and speculation' when in the future geneticists begin to save peoples lives from terrible diseases?!
Does future genetics have anything to do with Neanderthal DNA? There is a difference in science wasting time trying to prove something that never existed than science spending quality time to save peoples lives INCLUDING THEIR OWN.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/100506-science-neanderthals-humans-mated-interbred-dna-gene/
The study uncovered the first solid genetic evidence that "modern" humans—or Homo sapiens—interbred with their Neanderthal neighbors, who mysteriously died out about 30,000 years ago.

Wow, we know these things died mysteriously 30,000 odd years ago, but there is no proof they even existed.
We have their skeletons, artifacts from where they lived and their DNA. What else do you want?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

thanks i appreciate your kind words of commendation, like water in a waterless land!
you are welcome 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Nicksten
I SECOND! There is no evidence like you said, it is all just speculating and thumb sucking - and to think there are people believing it.
Nicksten, maybe you should read a book on the subject before you go around parroting your nonsensical bilge all over the forum. It might give you a small measure of credibility.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Do you have any objection to anything that is in the refernce? It is titled

The Cambrian Explosion: Biology’s Big Bang
by Stephen C. Meyer, P. A. Nelson, and Paul Chien

http://www.discovery.org/articleFiles/PDFs/Cambrian.pdf

P.S. You do realize those millions of years are just made up numbers
don't you? They have exaggerated them to as far as they thought they
could get away with.
the theory of speculation. Scientist dislike being proved wrong...that's why they have exaggerated as you said, cause who can THEN prove them wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I vaguely remember it ... can you please provide chapter and verse?

If I were still a Christian, I'd say God used evolution to create us. That's probably what Jesus meant.
God Created everything that was originally made and programmed his
creation to be alble to produce and adapt. He never used evolution for
anything. He still does not use evolution. I have been tell you people
for about a year that evolution is only a theory devised in the minds of
evil men to deny the existence of God. Evolution never existed and it
still does not exist. A definition in a dictionary does not mean it actually
exists. If is only science fiction and will never be true science. I say this
with the authority of the Holy Spirit. So that settles it once and for all.
😏

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by FabianFnas
First of all: Abiogenesis is one thing. Evolution is another thing. You have to read up on this, so you don't mix them both, okay?

"No human has actually observed the process of how life really has transformed" and therefore evolution is wrong.
and
"No human has actually observed the process of how life really was created" and therefore creation is w ...[text shortened]... ic. However, there are a lot of scientific research about evolution, if you care to read.
I know the difference between abiogenesis and evolution - but they are still related in my opinion.

I have to refer to the Bible. It is my proof. If i can't refer to the Bible, you can't refer to science, the playground needs to be fair and we need to compare apples with apples. Evolution is science, creation is religion. And if you think about it, one can be right and the other one can be wrong.

Trust me, I have done a lot of reading. I believe i have the better proof (Bible). I dont think there is any scripture older than biblical scriptures, any evolutionist care to prove me wrong?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

They are linked together just like the chicken and the egg. 😏
Jip they are I believe, except we know from the so called scientific evidence the so called abiogenesis was first.

Moves
01 Feb 12

God Created everything that was originally made and programmed his
creation to be alble to produce and adapt. He never used evolution for
anything. He still does not use evolution. I have been tell you people
for about a year that evolution is only a theory devised in the minds of
evil men to deny the existence of God. Evolution never existed and it ...[text shortened]... e. I say this
with the authority of the Holy Spirit. So that settles it once and for all.
😏
ive got a good one for you mr hinds.

could you explain why the average hight of humans has been increasing? is this evolution in action or is god building a world of basket ball loving christians?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
I don't think so. Only a Christian committed to a literal reading of Genesis has a problem with evolution.
The book of Genesis in the Bible is almost one of the most important books. It covers the creation of everything. If you don't take it literal, then it must have been a big fat joke. I agree that some parts of the Bible shouldn't be taken up literally (I can think of one quickly) but the start of it all......? That should be taken up literal.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
01 Feb 12

What timeframe would you call 'sudden' Nicksten?
Sudden is now, sudden is something that happens quickly, sudden is unexpected or expected if you were expecting it. Sudden possible can not mean millions of years. There must have been a different word created to explain "sudden" differently, because by definition, the word sudden in the context being used here is wrong.