The Trinity conquers  Racism

The Trinity conquers Racism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 Dec 16

Originally posted by divegeester
I think you are mistaken. In Chaney3's first post in the forum he said this:

[b]"I have always considered myself a Christian....but blindly went through life not realizing that a lot of Christians worship Jesus as God."
[/b]
He's said different things at different times.

F

Moves
19 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
Now, would you like to comment about the topic?
I did.

T

Moves
19 Dec 16

Originally posted by leunammi
I don't expect either leunammi or Fetchmyjunk to admit anytime soon that they don't know of any passages where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time".

Do you keep his commands all the time? If not why not?
Tell you what.

Either cite passages where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" OR admit that you don't know of any.

If you do that, I'll address your question.

T

Moves
19 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I believe both to be compatible if taken as a whole. Both preach faith and works, although Christ stresses more works while Paul focuses on faith. In the end its all the same. However many Christians tend to take the doctrine most favourable to them. It is nice to hear that all one needs to do is to profess their faith and thats it. But these are not serious Christians and God cannot be fooled with lip service.
However many Christians tend to take the doctrine most favourable to them. It is nice to hear that all one needs to do is to profess their faith and thats it. But these are not serious Christians and God cannot be fooled with lip service.

Seems like it goes way beyond "nice to hear" for them. When faced with evidence to the contrary, they tend to become highly irrational in their efforts to defend it.

It's as if they are SLAVES to their dogma. "The truth will make you free."

c

Moves
19 Dec 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Tell you what.

Either cite passages where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time" OR admit that you don't know of any.

Matthew 5: 27, 28

Jesus basically stated that 'action' of adultery no longer needs to be a physical action. That if you just 'look with lust', you have commited adultery.

With this new standard, it would be unlikely that anyone can avoid the 'new sin feature'.

E

Moves
19 Dec 16

[b] However many Christians tend to take the doctrine most favourable to them. It is nice to hear that all one needs to do is to profess their faith and thats it. But these are not serious Christians and God cannot be fooled with lip service.

Seems like it goes way beyond "nice to hear" for them. When faced with evidence to the contrary, they tend ...[text shortened]... rts to defend it.

It's as if they are SLAVES to their dogma. "The truth will make you free."[/b]
You mean when asked to accept libtard point of view as valid.

Yeah, anyone with an understanding of truth would tell you to jump in the lake.

If you want direct scripture I can quote Paul. If Paul won't do then jump in a lake heretic.

l

Moves
19 Dec 16

Tell you what.

I'll pass, thanks though.

T

Moves
20 Dec 16

Originally posted by chaney3
Matthew 5: 27, 28

Jesus basically stated that 'action' of adultery no longer needs to be a physical action. That if you just 'look with lust', you have commited adultery.

With this new standard, it would be unlikely that anyone can avoid the 'new sin feature'.

This seems to be chaney3 opining that it is unlikely rather than Jesus teaching that it is impossible.

Did you not understand the request?

T

Moves
20 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
You mean when asked to accept libtard point of view as valid.

Yeah, anyone with an understanding of truth would tell you to jump in the lake.

If you want direct scripture I can quote Paul. If Paul won't do then jump in a lake heretic.
More well considered and incisive comments from Eladar.

And some people have the opinion that, by and large, right wing Christians are lacking in intelligence...

Yet, somehow, Eladar seems to be well within the bell curve amongst right wing Christians.

T

Moves
20 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by leunammi
I'll pass, thanks though.
Okay. No real surprise.

Like I said:
I don't expect either leunammi or Fetchmyjunk to admit anytime soon that they don't know of any passages where, while He walked the Earth, Jesus taught that it is impossible for anyone to "keep his commands all the time".

Many seem to be afraid to admit the truth, so it's not like you don't have a lot of company.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Dec 16

Originally posted by Eladar
Yes Jesus agreed that the dog deserves scraps.

Nice to know that you agree that there is nothing inherently sinful in racism. Of course some may sin rooted in that belief but in itself it is not sinful.

Too much humanistic liberal beliefs get attributed to God.
You dog

l

Moves
20 Dec 16

Okay. No real surprise.

Like I said:

Many seem to be afraid to admit the truth, so it's not like you don't have a lot of company.
Not afraid to admit anything., just not egar to play your game.

c

Moves
20 Dec 16

Okay. No real surprise.

Like I said:

1 John 1: 8-10

"If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that His word has no place in our hearts".

Also, Jesus taught how one should pray, in the Lord's Prayer......."forgive us our sins".

Human beings sin.

E

Moves
20 Dec 16

More well considered and incisive comments from Eladar.

And some people have the opinion that, by and large, right wing Christians are lacking in intelligence...

Yet, somehow, Eladar seems to be well within the bell curve amongst right wing Christians.
Is Paul a valid source of Christian doctrine or no?

E

Moves
20 Dec 16

Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us

You don't forgive and God won't forgive you.