The

The "Space Alien" thing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 17
3 edits

This paragraph I wrote a long time ago. It gave Divegeester the boldness to portray repeatedly that I push the Star Trek- nization of the Bible because I wrote "other worlds" here.

The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds. That punishment is designed to deter others from like guilt is evidenced so often in the Bible.

I'll take any questions anyone has about this paragraph.
No, not forever.

But I will take serious questions about what I wrote here.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
Reading between the lines is way to go here ...

So I guess this post of yours is apt.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Reading between the lines is way to go here ...

So I guess this post of yours is apt.
Do you have a question ?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 17

Do you have a question ?
Ah ... when I responded there was nothing there.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Aug 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Ah ... when I responded there was nothing there.
Does the paragraph look a little like a Zen koan to you ?

ENGLAND

Moves
26 Aug 17

This paragraph I wrote a long time ago. It gave Divegeester the boldness to portray repeatedly that I push the Star Trek- nization of the Bible because I wrote [b]"other worlds" here.
[quote] The saved will glorify God with their endless happiness. But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as a ...[text shortened]... this paragraph.
No, not forever.

But I will take serious questions about what I wrote here.[/b]
You said it, the onus is on you to explain your strange beliefs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
You said it, the onus is on you to explain your strange beliefs.
You have a number of specifically tailored to you, explanations of that paragraph.

And at least I give answer to the invited questions whereas a number given to you, you do not answer.

Like this - watch.

In Daniel 12:2 does the judged being subject to eternal contempt at all imply the thought of deterrence ? Ie. The outcome of their decision manifests a path not to be imitated ?

Yes or No ?

The passage:

"And many of those who are sleeping in the dust of the ground will awake, some to life eternal and some to reproach and eternal contempt." (Dan. 12:2)

The onus is on you (again) to not meet the question with silence but your reply.
Is the contemplation about "reproach and eternal contempt" as a deterrent, a strange one ?

Take on your onus to answer this before you talk about something else I did not ask you here.

F

Moves
27 Aug 17

But the lost will glorify Him with their endless woe. They will be hung out in chains of punishment as an example to deter other worlds.
What definition of the word "glory" or "glorify" do you have in mind when you reveal this piece of information about the nature of your god figure?

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

You have a number of specifically tailored to you, explanations of that paragraph.
Sonship you have been undone in this forum by revealing your own strange beliefs, you are hoisted by your own petard over this subject and your repeated refusal to answer FMF's question above is a permanent splinter in your theological credibility.

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

Yes or No ?
No.

Your problem is threefold:
1) you obviously lack the witness of the spirit over biblical truth
2) you read way too much INTO the text to find solutions which meet you erroneous preconceptions
3) you absorb and regurgitate the erroneous teachings of others

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
What definition of the word "glory" or "glorify" do you have in mind when you reveal this piece of information about the nature of your god figure?
I am of course persuaded that your unbeliever thing surely will not last always.
The unbeliever thing is temporary.

Other than that this "glory" is not like God worked into man and expressed from within man. This kind of negative glory is indirect like "the heavens declare the glory of God".

But it is a glorification in terms of testifying of the folly and unrighteousness of revolt against God. The unbeliever thing will glorify God in that sense - "What folly, to rebel against the Most High God!" .

F

Moves
27 Aug 17

I am of course persuaded that your unbeliever thing surely will not last always.
The unbeliever thing is temporary.

Other than that this "glory" is not like God worked into man and expressed from within man. This kind of negative glory is indirect like "the heavens declare the glory of God".

But it is a glorification in terms of testifying of the ...[text shortened]... ever thing will glorify God in that sense - "What folly, to rebel against the Most High God!" .
You are being evasive.

What is the definition you are using?

Just type it.

I am not asking you about the words "folly" or "rebel".

I am asking about the words "glory" and "glorify".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
No.

2) you read way too much INTO the text to find solutions which meet you erroneous preconceptions

I am assuming that you MEAN the witness of the Holy Spirit.
Unless you mean I lack the inner witness of my regenerated human spirit.

You here merely assert that something I wrote was erroneous.
Reasons why it is erroneous I don't usually see.

Anyone can say " thus and such ... your erroneous teachings".

Same as above.
Just assertion, criticism of being a learner.

These kinds of complaints don't impress me.

Because we are dealing with interpretations (which I do not claim are infallible) I have asked you probably several times - IF you turn out to be wrong will you prefer to throw in you lot with Satan, be with the unjustly judged, and not a part of God's supposedly unrighteous kingdom ?

The reply from you, I recall, is NO reply.
Why? In the pursuit of the truth it is a legitimate question to ask.

ENGLAND

Moves
27 Aug 17
1 edit

These kinds of complaints don't impress me.
I'm not trying to "impress" you, I'm just giving you my honest opinion.

I note that you are still dodging FMFs question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Aug 17

Originally posted by @fmf
You are being evasive.

What is the definition you are using?

Just type it.

I am not asking you about the words "folly" or "rebel".

I am asking about the words "glory" and "glorify".
You go to the Bible and you yourself note how glory was accomplished on behalf of God in more than one way.

The entire career, of how ever long it will be, of Satan and his opposition party will only eventually go to the splendor and repute of God.

You just don't believe it.
You can also read Exodus but be too blind in heart to see how God accomplished glory for Himself against a powerful Pharoah and his opposing, oppressive kingdom of Egypt.

You can read an older book - Job and not see how the contest ended up being to God's glory. This is the unbelief thing.