1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Nov '19 21:151 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Your omniscient God allowed inconsistencies in his divinely-inspired book?
    I didn't say anything was untrue, we are talking about people writing about experiences and unlike today, they were not in the same room trying to keep their facts straight, or using email to do that either. The significant events all are there, and people's perspectives may see things a little differently or give one thing more importance than another.
  2. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 13:13
    @rajk999 said
    And you continue on your quest for friends.
    I continue to be at peace with all men where it depends upon me

Romans 12:18
  3. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 13:18
    @rajk999 said
    I dont go around looking for friends. Needy people do that. Good people find me. The good people are the disciples of Christ who believe in keeping the commandments of Christ. You are not one of these. You are a lost soul promoting the doctrine of Satan.
    And what exactly do those good people do when they find you?

What happens next?
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 13:21
    @rajk999 said
    It is possible to be filled with the Holy Spirit and to be filled with Satan at the same time.
    Holding that opinion is proof you are biblically ignorant.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 13:25
    @medullah said
    And what exactly do those good people do when they find you?

What happens next?
    Those who promote mouth worship would not understand.
    First, start promoting the commandments of Christ and you will understand.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 13:40
    @rajk999 said
    And that's everyone but you, right?
  7. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 19:57
    @rajk999 said
    Well why don't you give it a go, I would genuinely like to hear, and it's not to mock you or pour scorn on anything you say, you have my word (and it's good).

I am intrigued. What happened the last time this occurred and when was it?
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 20:02
    If only people did this, we would have no war, starvation, crime, and hopefully no politicians.

Matthew 22 (NIV)

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 22:13
    @rajk999 said
    Do you consider "and love your neighbor as yourself" to be one of His commandments?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 22:421 edit
    @medullah said
    Well why don't you give it a go, I would genuinely like to hear, and it's not to mock you or pour scorn on anything you say, you have my word (and it's good).

I am intrigued. What happened the last time this occurred and when was it?
    Give what a go ? You may also take note that I do not discuss my personal life on a chat forum like some others do. Im here to discuss the teachings of Christ. Nothing else.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 22:44
    @caesar-salad said
    Do you consider "and love your neighbor as yourself" to be one of His commandments?
    If Jesus said it, it was one of His commandments. The principle was also explained in the story of the Good Samaritan. Have a read of it and apply it to your life instead of trying to trap me.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 22:47
    @medullah said
    If only people did this, we would have no war, starvation, crime, and hopefully no politicians.

Matthew 22 (NIV)

34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with ...[text shortened]... Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
    Some people actually manage to live their lives that way. These are the people Jesus said will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God. Those who fail to do these things will be cast out.
  13. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 23:04
    @rajk999 said
    Give what a go ? You may also take note that I do not discuss my personal life on a chat forum like some others do. Im here to discuss the teachings of Christ. Nothing else.
    Fair enough

That pretty much confirms a couple of things.

Please forgive me if you seriously thought that I was interested in your private life.

I am here to discuss spiritual things, and you made claim to what I understood to be spiritual goals/accomplishments such as attracting spiritually enlightened people. If how you interact with them is part of your private life then I cant understand why you introduced this in the first place, but it leaves more questions than answers, none of which I will be asking.

I wish you well.
  14. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    30 Nov '19 23:071 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Some people actually manage to live their lives that way. These are the people Jesus said will be welcomed into the Kingdom of God. Those who fail to do these things will be cast out.
    This is exactly why I introduced the point.

Sadly, there is not enough love in the world.

I would have thought that somebody like you (judging by your posts) who were very keen on the commandments would be anti-war? I am, so its not a trick question.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    01 Dec '19 00:421 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Im here to discuss the teachings of Christ. Nothing else.
    What would be the point of someone discussing the teachings of Christ without putting them into practice?

If you're angry at Christianity and are just here to make fools of sincere, practicing Christians -- well, that kind of thing happens, but it's not necessarily laudable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree