1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 13:34
    ... is Holy living.

I came across this interesting quote. I would be interested in anyone’s thoughts on this matter.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 13:58
    @dj2becker said
    ... is Holy living.

I came across this interesting quote. I would be interested in anyone’s thoughts on this matter.
    It is possible to be filled with the Holy Spirit and to be filled with Satan at the same time. eg Ananias and Sapphira. These two people were born again Christian Saints in Christ who were given the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but they were also filled with evil. No doubt there are many more unrecorded instances of this.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 14:40
    @rajk999 said
    It is possible to be filled with the Holy Spirit and to be filled with Satan at the same time. eg Ananias and Sapphira. These two people were born again Christian Saints in Christ who were given the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but they were also filled with evil. No doubt there are many more unrecorded instances of this.
    No it’s not possible
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 15:00
    @kellyjay said
    No it’s not possible
    All you have is talk and opinions. I gave an example. Ananias and Sapphira were born again Christians with the Holy Spirit. Are you saying God failed to fill them with His Spirit?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 15:231 edit
    @rajk999 said
    All you have is talk and opinions. I gave an example. Ananias and Sapphira were born again Christians with the Holy Spirit. Are you saying God failed to fill them with His Spirit?
    What about these words of Jesus?

Matthew 7: 18-20

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Does the Bible say they were born again and filled with the Spirit?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 15:44
    @dj2becker said
    What about these words of Jesus?

Matthew 7: 18-20

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Does the Bible say they were born again and filled with the Spirit?
    Answer that yourself. I provided an example of how your opening statement is not necessarily correct.

Those who profess to have the Holy Spirit are not necessarily good and righteous.
    Those who profess nothing are not necessarily evil.
  7. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:09
    So those Christian priests that used to burn girls alive, were they Spirit-filled or not?
    And since questioning a priest is a no-no, how can you tell what your priest really is?
  8. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:36
    I would challenge that idea that those priests were actually Christian (thou shall not kill)

Like many who claim to be Christians, the proof is in the pudding, and murdering anyone would be excluded in my rationale.

Catholicism was a very authoritarian religion (I’m not saying it isn’t now, and please note I was christened a Catholic). They only wanted their version of Christianity preached and priests were the ones to dispense that truth.

What has been done in the name of God/Religion is a disgrace.

Yes you (and me because I have done so) have every right to challenge a priest/vicar if you think that they are wrong. In the book of Acts 17:11 the Bereans were held up as an example because they checked and proved the scriptures. This suggest to me that they would have to have challenged the person teaching them too in order to prove the message was true?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:39
    @dj2becker said
    ... is Holy living.

Do you have the source for context please?
  10. Subscribermedullah
    Lover of History
    Northants, England
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:42
    @rajk999 said
    The account can be found in Acts 5:1-11

There is no suggestion that the two were simultaneously filled with Holy Spirit and Satan. What Peter accuses them of doing is lying to the Holy Spirit.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:43
    If the Spirit is God (in the trinitarian view) and God is omnipresent, isn't everyone and everything equally Spirit-filled?
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:50
    @rajk999 said
    Answer that yourself. I provided an example of how your opening statement is not necessarily correct.

Those who profess to have the Holy Spirit are not necessarily good and righteous.
    Those who profess nothing are not necessarily evil.
    That’s not what I asked you but it’s ok we both know the answer to my question.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 16:51
    @divegeester said
    Do you have the source for context please?
    Someone I know posted the quote on social media without a reference. Apologies.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 17:07
    @medullah said
    The account can be found in Acts 5:1-11

There is no suggestion that the two were simultaneously filled with Holy Spirit and Satan. What Peter accuses them of doing is lying to the Holy Spirit.
    In Acts 2, 3, and 4, these early Christians on the day of Pentecost, were all filled with the Holy Spirit.
    In Acts 5 these two were found FILLED WITH SATAN

It is either:
    - Gods removed His Spirit from them
    - Satans Spirit is stronger than Gods

Or some other option. Which is it?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Nov '19 17:09
    @medullah said
    I would challenge that idea that those priests were actually Christian (thou shall not kill)

Like many who claim to be Christians, the proof is in the pudding, and murdering anyone would be excluded in my rationale.

Catholicism was a very authoritarian religion (I’m not saying it isn’t now, and please note I was christened a Catholic). They only wanted their version of ...[text shortened]... y would have to have challenged the person teaching them too in order to prove the message was true?
    The famous, true Christians do not sin, line. Its lame.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree