The name of Jehovah means nothing to them?

The name of Jehovah means nothing to them?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by menace71
The same argument your making can be used against you. Just silly.

Manny
Another Epic FAIL, i have just provided a contextual scriptural example where worship
is linked with rendering sacred service, you do read English, you can put the
constituent parts of a sentence together so as to form a whole? Not only that i have
provided the direct quotation from the Hebrew scriptures which demonstrates that not
only is it to be exclusively venerated with regards to the father alone, but that it
mentions the father by name. I dont mean to be rude but the level of ignorance
among professed christians for the scriptural text is astounding. I wouldn't mention
silly if I were you, your opinions have no relevance to me or anyone else for that
matter. Contextual evidence for rendering the term worship in the case of Christ, nil!

F

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Contextual evidence for rendering the term worship in the case of Christ, nil!
This only works if one accepts the interrelated and interdependent assertions that you carefully place upon each other. In other words, this is only "true" if one accepts your circular logic. [See my above posts.]

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Somebody else post. Please. So robbie can answer my question in a reply to you.
Lol me too 😵

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12
7 edits

At Matthew 4:10, Jesus said: “You shall worship [from proskyneo] the Lord your God
and him only shall you serve.” (At Deuteronomy 6:13, which Jesus is evidently here
quoting, appears the personal name of God, the Tetragrammaton, JHWH.) In harmony
with that, we must understand that it is proskyneo with a particular attitude of heart
and mind ...[text shortened]... nlineInterlinear/OTpdf/exo6.pdf

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/deu6.pdf
The Tetragrammaton, YHWH, first appears in Exocus 3 in which tha angel of the Lord, verse 2, appears to Moses in the midst of a burning bush. Now this angel of the Lord tells Moses that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). The one appearing as the angel of the Lord is the Word (the Son) for no man has seen the Father at any time. The Word (the Son) says He is YHWH and tells Moses to call Him YH, which means I AM. In the Gospel of John, Yahshua identifies Himself again as
"I AM".

Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
(John 8:58 NKJV)
He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the Creator of heaven and Earth.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Tetragrammaton, YHWH, first appears in Exocus 3 in which tha angel of the Lord, verse 2, appears to Moses in the midst of a burning bush. Now this angel of the Lord tells Moses that He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). The one appearing as the angel of the Lord is the Word (the Son) for no man has seen the Father at any time. The Word hn *:58 NKJV)
He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and the Creator of heaven and Earth.
'I am', is not the same as the teragrammaton, you're statement is unworthy of serious
comment. The direct quotation, quoted by Christ at Matthew 4, is a direct quotation
from Deuteronomy 6:13, which actually contains the tretragrammaton, the actual
name of God, the term 'the Lord', is not found in the verse, the actual abbreviated
name of God is.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

'I am', is not the same as the teragrammaton, you're statement is unworthy of serious
comment. The direct quotation, quoted by Christ at Matthew 4, is a direct quotation
from Deuteronomy 6:13, which actually contains the tretragrammaton, the actual
name of God, the term 'the Lord', is not found in the verse, the actual abbreviated
name of God is.
It is hard to get anything through that thick skull of yours. What I am trying to tell you is the one you call Jehovah is the same angel of the Lord that appeared to Moses and later was born in flesh as Yahshua (Jesus).

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12

It is hard to get anything through that thick skull of yours. What I am trying to tell you is the one you call Jehovah is the same angel of the Lord that appeared to Moses and later was born in flesh as Yahshua (Jesus).
again your opinions have no relevance to me, or anyone else other than you for that
matter, we are interested in truth, not mere opinions.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

again your opinions have no relevance to me, or anyone else other than you for that
matter, we are interested in truth, not mere opinions.
That was the truth!

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12

That was the truth!
was it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

was it.
Yes, I AM is the name of the God of Moses and Abraham and the only Savior and Lord and who we now call Jesus the Christ.

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

Yes, I AM is the name of the God of Moses and Abraham the only Savior and Lord and who we now call Jesus the Christ.
First of all, 'I am', is not even a good English translation of the Hebrew, secondly, 'I
am', is not the tetragrammaton, you fail fat boy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12

First of all, 'I am', is not even a good English translation of the Hebrew, secondly, 'I
am', is not the tetragrammaton, you fail fat boy.
I think it is. 😏

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12
2 edits

I think it is. 😏
Of course you do RJH, its an aspect of your religious bias. I dont blame you for it, its
what you've been taught. Yet, it cannot strand up to scriptural examination. In fact, for a member of Christendom, you know your Bible more than many RJH.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jul 12
1 edit

Of course you do RJH, its an aspect of your religious bias.
I would go with I AM THE CAUSE OF BEING, I AM THE BEING or THE BEING (CREATOR) as alternate English translations.

rc

Moves
04 Jul 12

I would go with I AM THE CAUSE OF BEING, I AM THE BEING or THE BEING (CREATOR) as alternate English translations.
I will discuss later, its late RJH, I am tired, provide the basis of your translation and we
can consider it.

Praise Jehovah!!!!