The Heart

The Heart

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Why do you think that passage refers to salvation? We know believers go to the Judgment Seat of Christ but that is not to determine their eternal destination. Likewise, unbelievers go to the Great White Throne Judgment, but that is not to determine their eternal destination either.

To believe that Paul is referring to salvation in that passage would cause other passages that he wrote (Romans 8:16 off the top of my head) to be in direct conflict.
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart.

Paul says to judge nothing.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart.

Paul says to judge nothing.
Do you know the background (reason) for that letter to the church at Corinth?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Reaction formation.

Now we're getting into advanced defense mechanism territory. Most people have difficulty understanding reaction formation, but it's really quite straightforward. Let's say that you secretly harbor lustful feelings toward someone you should probably stay away from. You don't want to admit to these feelings, so you instead expre ...[text shortened]... ressing the opposite of your inner feelings in your outward behavior.

www.psychologytoday.com
This is so basic (as a behavior) that many show this reaction in elementary school.

In my school, there was this kid in my 6th grade home room who kept saying hateful things to me, I just tried to stay away from him. There was another kid who sat by me whom this kid was always teasing too. The other kid took this nearly the whole school year and then finally snapped and punched the first kid out one day at lunch. The first kid was crying and said he was jealous of the second kid because he thought I liked him better. Even though he was always saying hateful things to me, he was actually jealous of another kid who sat closer to me. Classic.

The road to self-realization is often bumpy, indeed.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 18

What does a Satanist like you know about Christian love?
More than you, apparently.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Jun 18

God.

If Paul would not judge his own salvation, why should we?
Does God renege on promises?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
This is so basic (as a behavior) that many show this reaction in elementary school.

In my school, there was this kid in my 6th grade home room who kept saying hateful things to me, I just tried to stay away from him. There was another kid who sat by me whom this kid was always teasing too. The other kid took this nearly the whole school year and then ...[text shortened]... ther kid who sat closer to me. Classic.

The road to self-realization is often bumpy, indeed.
The old saying in kindergarten is, You always tease the one you love.

The adult version is, The opposite of love isn’t hate. It’s indifference.

Moves
04 Jun 18

T

Moves
04 Jun 18
2 edits

Where does it say in the Bible that Jesus judges whether individuals are saved or not?
John 5
. 21“For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. 22“For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, 23so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Lest your trying to evade the issue:
I know. And I'm saying that it seems presumptuous for any of them think that they are in a position to judge themselves as being saved.

Especially with Jesus saying that He will judge. Evidently you believe that individuals are able to judge themselves as well as Jesus is able.

Plus I've come across quite a few - both Christian and non-Christian alike - whose self-image does not line up with reality.

E

Moves
04 Jun 18

Do you know the background (reason) for that letter to the church at Corinth?
Do you know what judge nothing means?

Do you think Paul was simply displaying human error when he wrote judge nothing?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
John 5
. 21“[b]For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. 22“For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son
, 23so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Lest ...[text shortened]... both Christian and non-Christian alike - whose self-image does not line up with reality.[/quote][/b]
If you believe Jesus was just a man (and I think you have said that in the past - correct me if I’m wrong) how is a man who in your view has been dead 2,000 years capable of judging anyone?

And I don’t evade questions. That is psychological projection on your part as you have avoided literally dozens of questions that expose your doctrines as nonsensical and false.

T

Moves
04 Jun 18
3 edits

If you believe Jesus was just a man (and I think you have said that in the past - correct me if I’m wrong) how is a man who in your view has been dead 2,000 years capable of judging anyone?

And I don’t evade questions. That is psychological projection on your part as you have avoided literally dozens of questions that expose your doctrines as nonsensical and false.
You continue to evade the issue:
I know. And I'm saying that it seems presumptuous for any of them think that they are in a position to judge themselves as being saved.

Especially with Jesus saying that He will judge. Evidently you believe that individuals are able to judge themselves as well as Jesus is able.

Plus I've come across quite a few - both Christian and non-Christian alike - whose self-image does not line up with reality.

Show how it is not presumptuous for anyone to think that they are in a position to judge themselves as being saved given that Jesus said that He will judge.

My beliefs as to whether or not Jesus was God incarnate is not relevant to this issue.

This is what you do. You ask questions that are not relevant to the issue at hand to avoid addressing the issue. Then you accuse the person of not answering questions. It's dishonest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jun 18

You continue to evade the issue:
[quote]I know. And I'm saying that it seems presumptuous for any of them think that they are in a position to judge themselves as being saved.

Plus I've come across quite ...[text shortened]... judge.

My beliefs as to whether or not Jesus was God incarnate is not relevant to this issue.
Whether you believe Jesus was just a man (as I think you’ve said in the past) is certainly relevant to this issue and I’ll be happy to answer your post once I know.

But you can’t hold competing views if you’re interested in having an honest discussion.

T

Moves
04 Jun 18
1 edit

Whether you believe Jesus was just a man (as I think you’ve said in the past) is certainly relevant to this issue and I’ll be happy to answer your post once I know.

But you can’t hold competing views if you’re interested in having an honest discussion.
Explain exactly how my beliefs as to whether or not Jesus was God is relevant to whether or not it is not presumptuous for anyone to think that they are in a position to judge themselves as being saved given that Jesus said that He will judge.

You seem to think that it is not presumptuous. Show that it is not presumptuous or admit that it is.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
04 Jun 18
1 edit

Explain exactly how my beliefs as to whether or not Jesus was God is relevant to whether or not it is not presumptuous for anyone to think that they are in a position to judge themselves as being saved given that Jesus said that He will judge.

You seem to think that it is not presumptuous. Show that it is not presumptuous or admit that it is.
All he's saying is, if Jesus was just a man, it would be impossible for him to judge anyone in the afterlife. Right? Doesn't that make sense?

T

Moves
04 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
All he's saying is, if Jesus was just a man, it would be impossible for him to judge anyone in the afterlife. Right? Doesn't that make sense?
I understand the question. But the fact remains that it's not relevant to the issue that we're discussing. The issue at hand is about HIS beliefs. Not mine.

It's what he does. He asks questions that are not relevant to the issue at hand to avoid addressing the issue. Then accuses the person of not answering questions. It's dishonest.