The first years of the Spirituality Forum

The first years of the Spirituality Forum

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And we’re back to my question of how do you know what’s moral and how do you evaluate someone’s teaching as morally sound or not.
If your interest is genuine, take a look at the long, long conversation between KellyJay and me here Thread 192058.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
That's right. I don't believe in your "Heaven and God" stuff. The number of references to that stuff doesn't take away from the moral resonance of other parts of the sermon.
<<That's right. I don't believe in your "Heaven and God" stuff.>>

And it’s not *my* “Heaven and God stuff.”

It’s Jesus Christ’s “Heaven and God stuff.”

You know, the one you think is such a great teacher.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
It’s Jesus Christ’s “Heaven and God stuff.”

You know, the one you think is such a great teacher.
I value some of the teachings that were attributed to him decades after his execution by the Romans.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
The analogy is a dud. Limiting the choice to three options in C.S. Lewis's fatuous "argument" does not analogize with your car mechanic story.
Sure it does.

Maybe you can’t grasp that if you think someone’s crazy or a liar, it tarnishes everything else they say, especially when it comes to intangible things.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
I value some of the teachings that were attributed to him decades after his execution by the Romans.
Well bully for you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
If your interest is genuine, take a look at the long, long conversation between KellyJay and me here Thread 192058.
My interest is not genuine enough to read through a long thread of you asking your typical gazillion questions and claiming KellyJay is dodging more than half of them.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Maybe you can’t grasp that if you think someone’s crazy or a liar, it tarnishes everything else they say, especially when it comes to intangible things.
Who is asserting that Jesus is either crazy or a liar? You are all tangled up in C.S. Lewis' propaganda.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
My interest is not genuine enough to read through a long thread of you asking your typical gazillion questions and claiming KellyJay is dodging more than half of them.
So be it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
<<Those who want to do the will of God will know that He came from God>>

And here’s the will of God the Father, according to Jesus Christ, which you consistently ignore:

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

(Matthew 6:40)
The devils believeth on him too... just like you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
The devils believeth on him too... just like you.
You’re a lost soul, rajk999, still trying to earn his way into Heaven with your feeble efforts and your sins stinking up the joint.

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You’re a lost soul, rajk999, still trying to earn his way into Heaven with your feeble efforts and your sins stinking up the joint.
Whereas you aren’t “lost” and you can be as big a douchbag in these forums as you like, and a casual sinner in real life, because you are “saved” because of … curiously … Romans 10:09.

Right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Whereas you aren’t “lost” and you can be as big a douchbag in these forums as you like, and a casual sinner in real life, because you are “saved” because of … curiously … Romans 10:09.

Right?
You know nothing about me, tiger.

If someone insults me for no reason, sometimes I return fire, though more often than not I don’t.

Unlike you and rajk999, I don’t deliberately and intentionally harass people for no reason.

Moves
10 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
You know nothing about me, tiger.
If someone insults me for no reason, sometimes I return fire, though more often than not I don’t.
Unlike you and rajk999, I don’t deliberately and intentionally harass people for no reason.
I know everything about you in terms of your activity in these forums. When you were posting as Romans1009 you were vile, you harassed people, posted filth, trolled hundreds of threads ruining them, and eventually you were removed from the website.

And yet even then you claimed to be a Christian posting the same pious waffle as you do now in your new incarnation.

But rather than have the courage to apologise, to own it, to put it behind you, you prefer to lie about it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@divegeester said
I know everything about you in terms of your activity in these forums. When you were posting as Romans1009 you were vile, you harassed people, posted filth, trolled hundreds of threads ruining them, and eventually you were removed from the website.

And yet even then you claimed to be a Christian posting the same pious waffle as you do now in your new incarnation.

...[text shortened]... her than have the courage to apologise, to own it, to put it behind you, you prefer to lie about it.
Sounds like this Roman guy is still living rent free in your head and still causing you all sorts of problems with your emotional and physical health.

I honestly think you should see a therapist and work out the trauma he put you through four years ago and the flashbacks and PTSD you’ve been suffering ever since.

And maybe see a gastroenterologist about the digestion and bowel problems that Roman guy saddled you with.

I’m sure it’s no fun when you’re riding the tube or in the middle of an important meeting and you can’t stop yourself from taking a dump in your pants.

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

Comedy gold.