The first years of the Spirituality Forum

The first years of the Spirituality Forum

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Most of what Jesus Christ spoke of concerned salvation and what was pleasing to God, neither of which an atheist believes in.And who are you to judge what’s moral? And on what basis are you judging it?
Each of us must judge what's moral. That's the responsibility that comes with being a free moral agent and our duty to each other.

The basis for doing this is our each and every moral compass.

As for what Jesus is depicted as having spoken of, I think his 'Golden Rule' stuff is sound and I also think much of what he supposedly said in the so-called 'Sermon on the Mount' is sound too.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
The lunatic is the man that believes that nonsense CW Lewis wrote
Actually, a lunatic is anyone who believes your false doctrine. Which may explain why so many atheists like it 🤔

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
How is that propaganda?
Using a false dilemma to propagate an "argument" ~ like most logical fallacies ~ is the tool of a propagandist.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
Each of us must judge what's moral. That's the responsibility that comes with being a free moral agent and our duty to each other.

The basis for doing this is our each and every moral compass.

As for what Jesus is depicted as having spoken of, I think his 'Golden Rule' stuff is sound and I also think much of what he supposedly said in the so-called 'Sermon on the Mount' is sound too.
I’ll try again.

On what basis do you know what’s moral?

On what basis can you evaluate someone’s moral teaching as right or wrong, good or bad?

Saying your “moral compass” is just a way to dodge the question.

And you should read the Sermon on the Mount to find out how many references to Heaven and God are in it, neither of which you believe in.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Actually, a lunatic is anyone who believes your false doctrine. Which may explain why so many atheists like it 🤔
Jesus said :
He got his teachings from God.
Those who want to do the will of God will know that He came from God
Other men speak with their own authority
But they are just trying to get glory for themselves
[like this CS Lewis person]

So people who recognize Jesus as a great teacher of morals and values are a step ahead of jokers like CS Lewis

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
Using a false dilemma to propagate an "argument" ~ like most logical fallacies ~ is the tool of a propagandist.
You didn’t answer this part of the post (for obvious reasons.)

<<You go to get your car fixed and the mechanic tells you what he thinks is wrong with it and then tells you he knows a lot about cars because he was a carburetor in his previous life.

You gonna leave your car with him or find another mechanic?>>

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You go to get your car fixed and the mechanic tells you what he thinks is wrong with it and then tells you he knows a lot about cars because he was a carburetor in his previous life.You gonna leave your car with him or find another mechanic?
This might be called a rather shambolic "begging the question" logical fallacy. You are trying to crowbar your false dilemma into an analogy that is not a valid analogy for what we are talking about. More propaganda from you.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22
2 edits

@pb1022 said
On what basis do you know what’s moral?On what basis can you evaluate someone’s moral teaching as right or wrong, good or bad?
Thread 192058

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Jesus said :
He got his teachings from God.
Those who want to do the will of God will know that He came from God
Other men speak with their own authority
But they are just trying to get glory for themselves
[like this CS Lewis person]

So people who recognize Jesus as a great teacher of morals and values are a step ahead of jokers like CS Lewis
<<Those who want to do the will of God will know that He came from God>>

And here’s the will of God the Father, according to Jesus Christ, which you consistently ignore:

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

(Matthew 6:40)

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And you should read the Sermon on the Mount to find out how many references to Heaven and God are in it, neither of which you believe in.
That's right. I don't believe in your "Heaven and God" stuff. The number of references to that stuff doesn't take away from the moral resonance of other parts of the sermon.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
This might be called a rather shambolic "begging the question" logical fallacy. You are trying to crowbar your false dilemma into an analogy that is not a valid analogy for what we are talking about. More propaganda from you.
That’s a perfectly fine analogy, and it blows your position out of the water, which is why you won’t address it,

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
Thread 192058
Can’t answer the question so posting a thread on science fiction?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22

@fmf said
That's right. I don't believe in your "Heaven and God" stuff. The number of references to that stuff doesn't take away from the moral resonance of other parts of the sermon.
And we’re back to my question of how do you know what’s moral and how do you evaluate someone’s teaching as morally sound or not.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
That’s a perfectly fine analogy, and it blows your position out of the water, which is why you won’t address it,
The analogy is a dud. Limiting the choice to three options in C.S. Lewis's fatuous "argument" does not analogize with your car mechanic story.

F

Moves
10 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
Can’t answer the question so posting a thread on science fiction?
It's a 360+ post thread that is almost entirely about the source and nature of morality, as you well know.