The design argument

The design argument

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Jan 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
If you want to talk about God start another thread!
This one is about design argument!
Scientific system has people in it, I've pointed out to you that people are
flawed! You get a group together you can get a herd mentality, step away
from that which binds you together you are not accepted as one of the
good ones. Evolution is a binding theory those t ...[text shortened]... ll you the truth. We need
someone better than ourselves to help us, which I do believe is here!
Areas of faith people are flawed there too, I've not made any claim that is
not true, I think it is even more screwed up to tell you the truth. We need

ive agreed before that there are many people who's desire for evolution to be true is higher than their desire for truth.
however there is still a mountain of honest, genuine scientists. if science was as easily corruptible and so eager to hang onto a popular view, then science would not make the progressions it has.
if science did not accept challenges and new opinions and views we would still be stuck in the dark ages.
the cold hard truth for you is that if its true and can be proven then science will accept it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 15

Originally posted by stellspalfie
[b]Areas of faith people are flawed there too, I've not made any claim that is
not true, I think it is even more screwed up to tell you the truth. We need

ive agreed before that there are many people who's desire for evolution to be true is higher than their desire for tr ...[text shortened]...
the cold hard truth for you is that if its true and can be proven then science will accept it.[/b]
Please understand, I'm calling people flawed due to their nature. I've not
meant to call anyone dishonest, that would mean that they know the truth
and yet will still deny it. I think we all can (me included) keep ourselves
happy in the dark about areas of our lives that we don't want to deal with.

Moves
12 Jan 15

One out of?
That is more than likely why Behe is attacked over and over again!
"One out of?"

urrgh!!!! behe has had numerous papers peer reviewed and published, there is only one that he claims is evidence against evolution.

the point is that the system does not look at a paper as 'for' or 'against' the papers are not even written as 'for' or 'against' scientific papers are full of science......if the science works (this means falsifiable evidence) then the papers are accepted.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 15
1 edit

[b]"One out of?"

urrgh!!!! behe has had numerous papers peer reviewed and published, there is only one that he claims is evidence against evolution.

the point is that the system does not look at a paper as 'for' or 'against' the papers are not even written as 'for' or 'against' scientific papers are full of science......if the science works (this means falsifiable evidence) then the papers are accepted.[/b]
Accepted and ignored I assume, but I could be doing the very thing I'm bad
mouthing here! If so my bad!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 15

[b]"One out of?"

the point is that the system does not look at a paper as 'for' or 'against' the papers are not even written as 'for' or 'against' scientific papers are full of science......if the science works (this means falsifiable evidence) then the papers are accepted.[/b]
If what you said is true, I'll go along with you, then why is it that there are
people even here how claim there is no evidence against evolution? Seems
like the two cannot be true at the same time?

Moves
12 Jan 15

Please understand, I'm calling people flawed due to their nature. I've not
meant to call anyone dishonest, that would mean that they know the truth
and yet will still deny it. I think we all can (me included) keep ourselves
happy in the dark about areas of our lives that we don't want to deal with.
you question their nature....what you are inadvertently saying is that over the years hundreds of thousands of scientist from all countries, of various religious views, who work in many fields in many project in direct competition with each other. have all managed to negotiate through a career in science in which they have had success based on their own ideas and research.........yet for some bizarre reason have all developed a hive mind when it comes to this one theory, for some reason on this one project they loose all free thought, they just dumbly accept the status-quo....yet return to other areas and challenge each other, new science, new maths, new physics, new invention, new biology, new chemistry.

do you know how bizarre this would be?

Moves
12 Jan 15

If what you said is true, I'll go along with you, then why is it that there are
people even here how claim there is no evidence against evolution? Seems
like the two cannot be true at the same time?
"people even here how claim there is no evidence against evolution?"

id be one of them. behe submitted his paper it was publlished. once it was published he claimed that it was evidence of i.d. (the paper itself doesnt metion i.d. or god or evolution). its a purely scientific paper.

so obviously a disagreement ensues. he says it is evidence, others say it isnt. regardless of if it is or isnt. his paper was reviewed the science was correct, he disproved a current bit of research. the process didnt care if it was evidence or not for i.d. all the process cared about was the science.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 15

[b]"people even here how claim there is no evidence against evolution?"

id be one of them. behe submitted his paper it was publlished. once it was published he claimed that it was evidence of i.d. (the paper itself doesnt metion i.d. or god or evolution). its a purely scientific paper.

so obviously a disagreement ensues. he says it is eviden ...[text shortened]... cess didnt care if it was evidence or not for i.d. all the process cared about was the science.[/b]
I'm not a fan of I.D. I think it is creation light!
Thank you for your posts, gave me something to think about.

Moves
12 Jan 15

I'm not a fan of I.D. I think it is creation light!
Thank you for your posts, gave me something to think about.
no worries big guy.

Moves
12 Jan 15

We are comparing a biological to something else so you can see the issue
that are really there! Getting hardware in the right shape doesn't make it
function properly, have all the pieces to any piece of equipment all in the
right place without the proper power will not allow it all to function as it
should or at all if this isn't connected correctly. Yo ...[text shortened]...
of a computer together yet if the software isn't supportive you will not have
a functional PC.
Let me ask you something. When you're confronted with a scientific theory, will you only accept it as true if you can watch every step in whatever mechanism or model it describes? For instance, will you only accept atomic theory if you can actually watch atoms interact directly?

Cape Town

Moves
12 Jan 15

I've not debating small changes occur, I've admitted that and support the
idea! I even call it evolution in reality! What I do not go along with which you
support is that which none of us have seen and that is those small changes
adding up into things that were never there before over time!
You have just contradicted yourself. Are you claiming that Great Danes and Chihuahuas have always existed, or do you accept that these breeds of dogs have come from changes that added up into things that were never there before?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jan 15

Originally posted by C Hess
Let me ask you something. When you're confronted with a scientific theory, will you only accept it as true if you can watch every step in whatever mechanism or model it describes? For instance, will you only accept atomic theory if you can actually watch atoms interact directly?
What I accept as true are things I believe are, if they are scientific theories,
things of faith, whatever the mechanism or model. Just because I say it
must be believed in and it isn't a fact does not mean it isn't true.

Moves
12 Jan 15

What I accept as true are things I believe are, if they are scientific theories,
ignorance is bliss.

rain

Moves
12 Jan 15

Just wanted to be a part of this awesomely long thread. Carry on.

Moves
12 Jan 15

Well, I guess whatever you believe is true to you. Interesting world you must live in.