The Catholic church's last days?

The Catholic church's last days?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Can you see the word BLOOD and the word ABSTAIN from it? Where if your getting picky about this command from YOUR God, do you see any exemptions to that command?
The question isn't about the words "blood" and "abstain". The question is about the word "transfusion". Where does it appear in scripture?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Sep 12
1 edit

Can you see the word BLOOD and the word ABSTAIN from it? Where if your getting picky about this command from YOUR God, do you see any exemptions to that command?
Look, I am not disputing that the words appear there. I am not even particularly interested in discussing whether or not the Scripture condemns blood transfusions. I just want to point out that the words 'blood transfusion' are absent.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Sep 12
16 edits

You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.
(Acts 15:29 NIV)

Do you see sacrificed to idols in there too?

Who is injecting blood sacrificed to idols to anyone as a blood transfusion?

P.S. I know it actually says food sacrificed to idols, but if you want to compare food and blood as nurishment that should not be eaten or taken in by injection, then there you have it. Isn't it still talking about refraining from eating all the way from eating food sacrificed to animals through meats of strangled animals? And the words injection and transfusion are not there either. Are we making things up? Are we adding to the text? Do you know what the Greek word that is translated sbstain means? Don't we need blood to live? How can we abstain from blood and still live?

I am either a bad typist or there is something wrong with my computer that I am making so many typing errors on this post.

Why do you accept that this refers to blood transfusions when the word transfusion is no where to be seen and yet you will not accept the Trinity because that word is not in the Holy Bible?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.
(Acts 15:29 NIV)

Do you see [b]sacrificed to idols
in there too?

Who is injecting blood sacrificed to idols to anyone as a blood transfusion?

P.S. I know it actuall een and yet you will not accept the Trinity because that word is not in the Holy Bible?[/b]
Abstain means exactly what God meant it to mean.

Here is a little help:

Synonyms: abjure, abnegate, avoid, cease, constrain, curb, decline, deny oneself, do without, eschew, evade, fast, fence-sit, forbear, forgo, give the go by, give up, go on the wagon, keep from, pass, pass up, quit, refrain, refuse, renounce, shun, sit on one's hands, sit on the fence, sit out, spurn, starve, stop, take the cure, take the pledge, withhold, avert, bypass, circumlocute, circumvent, deflect, desist, ditch, divert, dodge, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, fake out, fend off, flee, give the slip, hide, hold off, jump, keep clear, lay low, obviate, recoil, run for cover, shake, shake and bake, shake off, shirk, shrink from, shuffle off, shun, shy, sidestep, skip out on, skip town, skip*, skirt, stay away, stay out, steer clear of, step aside, turn aside, ward off, weave, withdraw
Notes: avert means 'prevent, turn away' and avoid means 'stay clear of, shun'

F

Moves
05 Sep 12

Here is a little help:

Synonyms: abjure, abnegate, avoid, cease, constrain, curb, decline, deny oneself, do without, eschew, evade, fast, fence-sit, forbear, forgo, give the go by, give up, go on the wagon, keep from, pass, pass up, quit, refrain, refuse, renounce, shun, sit on one's hands, sit on ...[text shortened]... ithdraw
Notes: avert means 'prevent, turn away' and avoid means 'stay clear of, shun'
The question is about the word "transfusion". Where does it appear in scripture?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
The question is about the word "transfusion". Where does it appear in scripture?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
05 Sep 12
1 edit

Do you accept that the word 'transfusion' doesn't appear in scripture?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Do you accept that the word 'transfusion' doesn't appear in scripture?
Do you understand what the word "abstain" means?

F

Moves
05 Sep 12

The question is about the word "transfusion".

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
The question is about the word "transfusion".
No the issue is about the word "abstain".

F

Moves
05 Sep 12

No the issue is about the word "abstain".
Several people are asking you - point blank - if the word "transfusion" appears in the scripture, so the issue is not about the word "abstain".

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
05 Sep 12
3 edits

Presumably he does - especially since you gave us a list of synonyms! That list does not include "transfuse" or derivatives of this word.

Also if you are so obstinately inclusive with "abstain from blood" to render it a statement applying to blood transfusions then why can't you, for the sake of consistency (and not being a hypocrite), be equally inclusive about the origins of said blood?

I.e. why don't you abstain from your own blood!? I see nothing in scripture explicitly barring this

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12

Acts 15:28-29
New Living Translation (NLT)

28 “For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us to lay no greater burden on you than these few requirements: 29 You must abstain from eating food offered to idols, from consuming blood or the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality. If you do this, you will do well. Farewell.”

Luke here confirms the very same law that God told Noah. There has been no change in that law from God up to this day.
Until God tells us differently, we are to "abstain" from blood.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Several people are asking you - point blank - if the word "transfusion" appears in the scripture, so the issue is not about the word "abstain".
Of course not. The word abstain is there and the meaning of that word is crystal clear.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Sep 12

Originally posted by Agerg
Presumably he does - especially since you gave us a list of synonyms! That list [b]does not include "transfuse" or derivatives of this word.

Also if you are so obstinately inclusive with "abstain from blood" to render it a statement applying to blood transfusions then why can't you, for the sake of consistency (and not being a hypocrite), be equally inc ...[text shortened]... ou abstain from your own blood!? I see nothing in scripture explicitly barring this[/b]
"I.e. why don't you abstain from your own blood!"

Whaty kind of question is this?