The Catholic church's last days?

The Catholic church's last days?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 12

http://itccs.org/2012/05/04/catholic-church-faces-disruption-and-banishment-as-irish-cardinal-set-to-resign/

Intersting stuff. Could it be the beginning of the end?

Cape Town

Moves
30 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Could it be the beginning of the end?
No. The Catholic Church is here to stay for a long time yet. It remains the biggest Church by far.

C

Moves
30 Aug 12

http://itccs.org/2012/05/04/catholic-church-faces-disruption-and-banishment-as-irish-cardinal-set-to-resign/

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for their demise, might take a few hundred years...

C

Moves
30 Aug 12

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for their demise, might take a few hundred years...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 12
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
No. The Catholic Church is here to stay for a long time yet. It remains the biggest Church by far.
If left alone, it might. But what if god had different plans not just for the catholic religion, but any religions that are not following the truths in the Bible?

Revelation 17:1-2
Good News Translation (GNT)

The Famous Prostitute

17 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came to me and said, “Come, and I will show you how the famous prostitute is to be punished, that great city that is built near many rivers. 2 The kings of the earth practiced sexual immorality with her, and the people of the world became drunk from drinking the wine of her immorality.”

Revelation 17:15-18
Good News Translation (GNT)

15 The angel also said to me, “The waters you saw, on which the prostitute sits, are nations, peoples, races, and languages. 16 The ten horns you saw and the beast will hate the prostitute; they will take away everything she has and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and destroy her with fire. 17 For God has placed in their hearts the will to carry out his purpose by acting together and giving to the beast their power to rule until God's words come true.

18 “The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

Notice what verse 17 states. At some point in the near future God will put the thought into their ( the nations ) heads to turn on all religion realizing the problems it has caused humans.
This harlot or Christendom will be destroyed by the nations and governments it has been bed fellows with and controlled these nations for many centuries.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 Aug 12

The Church is still needed to counterbalance radical Islamists IMO.

Cape Town

Moves
30 Aug 12

If left alone, it might. But what if god had different plans not just for the catholic religion, but any religions that are not following the truths in the Bible?
Well then present that first, and only that. There is no non-prophetic reason to think the Catholic Church will come to an end any time soon.
If your reasons are Biblical, then there will be no convincing you otherwise anyway and you will ignore any actual evidence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 12
1 edit

I hope not. I would rather the Catholic Church, which supports universities and education, over Jehovah's Witness, which condemns higher education.

But to actually engage with the point of the article, it doesn't seem that the Irish Catholic Church actually faces any 'banishment'. It seems that this is just the expectation of various lobbyists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 12

Clearly this lobby group is misguided on several points. In the 'open letter' of the ITCCS, there are some points already refuted, such as

"The Vatican must end its official cover up and annul its policy known as Crimen Sollicitationis, which compels Catholic clergy to conceal crimes committed against children in their parishes."

As anyone should know already, Crimen Sollicitationis does not pertain to abuse per se, but to the act of solicitation in regard to the seal of confession, which no layperson is bound to.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
Well then present that first, and only that. There is no non-prophetic reason to think the Catholic Church will come to an end any time soon.
If your reasons are Biblical, then there will be no convincing you otherwise anyway and you will ignore any actual evidence.
And what is this evidence your'e speaking of?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Aug 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The Church is still needed to counterbalance radical Islamists IMO.
Exactly how does it do that?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 12

Originally posted by Conrau K
I hope not. I would rather the Catholic Church, which supports universities and education, over Jehovah's Witness, which condemns higher education.

But to actually engage with the point of the article, it doesn't seem that the Irish Catholic Church actually faces any 'banishment'. It seems that this is just the expectation of various lobbyists.
Well it would be the best of all situations if God does destroy all religion and goverments and brings the world back to the peace he originaly intended. All humans will live in peace and security and don't have to look to imperfect and agenda driven man or group of men for hope or run from men and their governments for their lifes.
And all of us know it is religion that has been behind most of this planets conflicts from the origin of religion.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
30 Aug 12

It is really hard to believe that "so called" men of God could actually rape and kill children.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 12

Well it would be the best of all situations if God does destroy all religion and goverments and brings the world back to the peace he originaly intended. All humans will live in peace and security and don't have to look to imperfect and agenda driven man or group of men for hope or run from men and their governments for their lifes.
And all of us know it is religion that has been behind most of this planets conflicts from the origin of religion.
I agree. I look forward to the end of all religions. I hope the first to go is yours.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
31 Aug 12

Originally posted by Conrau K
I agree. I look forward to the end of all religions. I hope the first to go is yours.
Lol. And why is that?