1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 15:121 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Witness Lee sought to throw the Christian baby out with the bathwater and replace it with a 4 in one deity.
    A W Tozar should be A W Tozer.

He wrote "The Waning Authority of Christ in the Churches".

Ghost-of-a-Duke recommended him as a Christian teacher.

Witness Lee referred to his sermons on this a number of times as an example of a teacher speaking a frank and honest word about Christianity.

Ie in Christ Verses Religion Witness Lee said this:
    Dr. A. W. Tozer of recent years wrote an article shortly before his death in which the main point was this: Christianity today has its conferences in which they discuss Christian service, missionary endeavor, and so forth. But suppose Christ Himself should enter their conference room. They would ask Him, “Who are You?” So wrote the famous minister of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, A. W. Tozer. This is today's Christianity, and this is not my word, but his.

In Life Study of Ezekiel Lee said:
    Dr. A. W. Tozer of the Christian and Missionary Alliance once said that if the Lord Jesus came into a conference of Christian leaders, they would not recognize Him. Although they might be discussing their work for the Lord, if He were to come into their meeting, they would not know Him. Tozer's observation indicates that it is common for Christians to love many things other than the Lord Himself.

By using the Search Engine at www.minstrybooks.org one can locate all the instances in the online publications by Witness Lee where he referred to A. W. Tozer. I simply selected the first two.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 15:21
    @sonship said
    A W Tozar should be A W Tozer.

He wrote "The Waning Authority of Christ in the Churches".

Ghost-of-a-Duke recommended him as a Christian teacher.
    No, I didn't. I may have quoted him once, but even that quote is long forgotten. How do you mean 'recommended?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 15:311 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No, I didn't. I may have quoted him once, but even that quote is long forgotten. How do you mean 'recommended?
    You recommended Tozer as someone worthy to pay attention as to what he said.

Back peddling now is too late.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 15:382 edits
    Ghost we have some dear folks over here in the US who are still insisting that the presidential election was won by Mr. Trump and it was unfairly stolen from him.

Your talents in keeping conspiracy theories alive might be useful to them.
    I think you could probably make yourself some money employing your talents for keeping alive stubborn conspiracy theories.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 15:433 edits
    Matthew 5...
    38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

I don't call myself a christian, but I like this bit.
    Rajk999 - I apologise without reserve. You said a thing I didn't like and I replied with malicious intent, and that was wrong of me.
    Sonship - I recently made a rather judgemental post about you which was motivated more by my injured pride than any other cause. I apologise for this, it was wrong of me.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:05
    @avalanchethecat said
    Matthew 5...
    38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to ...[text shortened]... serve. You said a thing I didn't like and I replied with malicious intent, and that was wrong of me.
    What you are talking about? Whatever it is explain later. Right now here is an important point. Here you are an atheists reading the teachings of Christ, agreeing with it, putting it into practice. I would say you are closer to being Christlike than many Christians. Christians often read the teachings of Christ and cast it aside, giving elaborate reasons and quoted the very same bible to discredit Christ.

Whatever it is you said, I can tell you that Im not easily offended. Think nothing of it.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:08
    @sonship said
    You recommended Tozer as someone worthy to pay attention as to what he said.

Back peddling now is too late.
    Well, taking a trick from your book, please evidence that?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 16:10
    @sonship said
    Ghost we have some dear folks over here in the US who are still insisting that the presidential election was won by Mr. Trump and it was unfairly stolen from him.

Your talents in keeping conspiracy theories alive might be useful to them.
    I think you could probably make yourself some money employing your talents for keeping alive stubborn conspiracy theories.
    That Witness Lee is a fraud is no conspiracy.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 21:001 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    That Witness Lee is a fraud is no conspiracy.

No, Witness Lee was the genuine thing - a man sent by God given to Christ's church. (Eph. 4:11)
    By their fruits you will know them.

Anyway this brother left us in 1997.
    Some people said the local churches would collapse once he died.
    Its 2021 and the churches are spreading and growing.

You see, try as you may, Lee was not the official leader of the local churches.
    He was just a faithful slave of God and servant to all the saints.

This thread was on the Guidance on the big questions offered by atheists.
    And I haven't seen much guidance on the big questions of life.

I'm going to stick with Christ.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Apr '21 22:54
    @sonship said
    No, Witness Lee was the genuine thing - a man sent by God
    God sent an man to preach to people to disobey Christ ?

I think you are mistaken. It is only Satan who does that.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Apr '21 11:561 edit
    @avalanchethecat
    Sonship - I recently made a rather judgemental post about you which was motivated more by my injured pride than any other cause. I apologise for this, it was wrong of me.

Already forgiven avalanche. Thanks for thinking to amend.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 12:39
    sonship,

You asked me to answer two questions. Here they are:

On what basis did the nations have any right to conduct the Nuremberg trials against the former Nazis?

What gave other communities the authority to pass judgment on the Nazis that their community committed crimes against humanity?

And I answered them.

So, now, I am asking you.

What is YOUR answer to those two questions?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 13:401 edit
    @FMF
    Yes, I am aware that your reply to the Nuremberg question is on the thread, as you mentioned before. I'll probably see it today.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Apr '21 13:522 edits
    @FMF

The basis was international law which in turn was based on what was arguably the moral consensus of the people of the nations that beat the Nazis in WW2.

Suppose the Nazis had won the war. Suppose the Allied forces all came under Hitler's rule. Suppose they had adopted wholesale then Nazi philosophy.

Would the consensus of the nations conquered by the Germans have a legitimate basis to judge the behavior of the losers?

Would their judgments have been morally right?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '21 00:131 edit
    @sonship said
    Suppose the Nazis had won the war. Suppose the Allied forces all came under Hitler's rule. Suppose they had adopted wholesale then Nazi philosophy.

Would the consensus of the nations conquered by the Germans have a legitimate basis to judge the behavior of the losers?

Would their judgments have been morally right?
    Not according to my moral compass, no. Thanks for the additional question, which I have now answered.

So, I'll try again - I think it's for the seventh time - these are questions you asked me and I answered, and now I am asking you:

[1] On what basis did the nations have any right to conduct the Nuremberg trials against the former Nazis? [2] What gave other communities the authority to pass judgment on the Nazis that their community committed crimes against humanity?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree