1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 01:29
    @sonship said
    You drumming the "cult" drum does not have the effect on me you wish it had.
    It's not intended to have an "effect" on you.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 05:55
    @FMF

That may explain its ineffectiveness.
    Not one sentence about the local churches or Witness Lee has made any difference to the accuracy of the presentation I have made about the Gospel.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 06:171 edit
    @sonship said
    I am not nearly as bothered by your cult label as you imagine.
    No one is trying to “bother” you.

Your church is a cult and is surrounded in controversies going back decades. There is even a Wikipedia page dedicated to it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Church_controversies

There are dozens of webpages dedicated to discussion around the Local Church, Recovery Movement, Living Steam Ministries being a cult, it’s not a new topic for your group.

As FMF said, your behaviour in here is explained by you being a cult member.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 06:231 edit
    @sonship said
    @FMF

That may explain its ineffectiveness.
    Not one sentence about the local churches or Witness Lee has made any difference to the accuracy of the presentation I have made about the Gospel.
    You don’t present an accurate perspective on the gospel, you present here other people’s ideas as being your own.

These ideas are often erroneous, often non-biblical and sometimes just downright odd.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 06:285 edits
    @divegeester

In the age of the internet anybody can find somebody disparaging anyone or any group of people they wish.

You have probably not read ONE BOOK through of the hundreds of publications on hundreds of Christian themes put out by the Nee and Lee published by Living Stream Ministry.

What even small booklet explaining basic positions published by Living Stream Ministry have you read from cover to cover? I am talking about small books. Ignorance just doesn't impress me no matter how persistent it is.

You probably have not read the Expert Witnesses testimonies vindicating on trial certain slanderous books written to "cult" brand the local churches.

If I provide link, others may check it out. I don't expect you to.

The Experts Speak - Meet the Experts
    Title:
    “The Experts Speak”—Meet the Experts

Summary:
    The “Meet the Experts” section of The Experts Speak gives basic profiles of the six experts who studied the local churches and the teachings of Witness Lee for the Lee et al v. Duddy et al case concerning The God-Men.

https://contendingforthefaith.org/en/the-experts-speak-meet-the-experts/
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 07:12
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    You have probably not read ONE BOOK through of the hundreds of publications on hundreds of Christian themes put out by the Nee and Lee published by Living Stream Ministry.
    Oh but I have sonship and they aren’t all published by Living Stream.

I’ve read The Normal Christian Life and Sit, Walk Stand by Nee.

As I said earlier, Nee had a ministry for China, Lee set up a cult in the US.

So now you are wrong about that, what does it change?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 07:13
    @sonship said
    @divegeester
    What even small booklet explaining basic positions published by Living Stream Ministry have you read from cover to cover? I am talking about small books. Ignorance just doesn't impress me no matter how persistent it is.

You probably have not read the Expert Witnesses testimonies vindicating on trial certain slanderous books written to "cult" brand the local churches.
    You sound like Robbie and Galveston75 defending their cult by saying people hadn’t read their literature etc
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 15:121 edit
    @divegeester said
    You sound like Robbie and Galveston75 defending their cult by saying people hadn’t read their literature etc
    You sound like you've nothing left of substance but "guilt by association".

And you live in the past too much.
    And you refer to people who are no longer here to speak up for themselves.

Seems that when some get cornered around here the names come up - Grampy Bobby, Galveston, Robbie Carrobie. Face it, you're debating with sonship.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 15:21
    So tell me Divegeester, you and Ghost and FMF and Rajk999 -

Is the hallmark of a genuine Christian teacher of orthodox theology always that not a word of criticism is spoken about them? I mean is that the sign of a accurate mentor of Christians - ONLY good words, welcoming words are spoken concerning him?

I mean if the Apostle Paul could come back to us today he would be immediately invited to The 700 Hundred Club or Liberty College to speak?
    Would he instantly secure crowds at a stadium to hear about being crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live but Christ lives within me.

If you think that you have more faith than I do.

Go learn something of what it means - "Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets." (Luke 6:26)
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 18:33
    @sonship said
    So tell me Divegeester, you and Ghost and FMF and Rajk999 -

Is the hallmark of a genuine Christian teacher of orthodox theology always that not a word of criticism is spoken about them?
    A genuine Christian teacher reaches for the Bible and rejects anything that undermines it.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 20:532 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

A genuine Christian teacher reaches for the Bible and rejects anything that undermines it.

You REALLY would like to peg me as saying Witness Lee was infallible, wouldn't you?

You REALLY would like to peg me as saying Lee is higher than Jesus Christ in my sense of devotion.

Hey, I'm sorry if you never had a mentor or good example of a successful Christian to learn from. While you talk about Bostongate I remind you of your AW Tozer-gate.

Next time you allude to considering a Christian preacher worthwhile to listen to you better hear him out a little more.

Brother A.W. Tozer gave a famous scathingly frank sermon on organized Christianity called "The Waning Authority of Christ in the Churches"

It escapes your that sometimes a physician who CARES, who HAS a brotherly concern about those suffering would frankly diagnose the problem that they need to address.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 21:01
    @divegeester
    As FMF said, your behaviour in here is explained by you being a cult member.

And LIKE FMF your abysmal failure to point out unbiblical teaching prompts you to go after character assassinations' instead.

Laughable is his grandmotherly condescension "Just look at your behavior!"

Anyway, I expect him to take it to the moderators if my behavior is so egregious.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 21:12
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You REALLY would like to peg me as saying Witness Lee was infallible, wouldn't you?

You REALLY would like to peg me as saying Lee is higher than Jesus Christ in my sense of devotion.

Hey, I'm sorry if you never had a mentor or good exa ...[text shortened]... rotherly concern about those suffering would frankly diagnose the problem that they need to address.
    Pretending that I in any way recommended A.W. Tozer is another blatant deceit by yourself. I literally have no idea who he is and if I quoted from him in the past it was totally random and I have no memory of it. I quoted Winnie the Pooh at least twice.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 22:21
    @sonship said
    In the age of the internet anybody can find somebody disparaging anyone or any group of people they wish.
    In the age of the internet, one can find people like you.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Apr '21 06:184 edits
    Divegeester,

Oh but I have sonship and they aren’t all published by Living Stream.

I’ve read The Normal Christian Life and Sit, Walk Stand by Nee.

As I said earlier, Nee had a ministry for China, Lee set up a cult in the US.

So now you are wrong about that, what does it change?

So you read Sit, Walk, and Stand and The Normal Christian Life by Watchman Nee.

Like many people you have read books on individual spirituality by Nee. But you have not read his books on the church life. Ie. The Normal Christian Church Life, Assembling Together, Further Talks On the Church Life, The Glorious Church, The Orthodoxy of the Church.

Tell me in this book "The Ministry of God's Word" Nee used the word "Trinity". Was he wrong to do so?

Paul did not serve as a minister of God's word merely because he afforded the Spirit the freedom to speak through him. The Spirit actually took up his very character. The fruit of the Spirit in the Divine Trinity is the very product produced in man's character.

From (The Ministry of God's Word, Chapter 4, Section 4)
    By Watchman Nee

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree