1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 22:44
    @suzianne said
    Does your question assume that "RHP Christians" are fundamentally different than other Christians not found on this forum?
    My question is about what RHP Christians believe and is addressed to the Christians active here on this forum. What "other Christians not found on this forum" believe is beyond the scope of this OP.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Oct '19 03:22
    @fmf said
    Striving to be good versus belief in supernatural phenomena

Why is it that so many RHP Christians seem to talk about placing 'belief in supernatural phenomena' ahead of talking about 'walking the walk of life while striving to be good' at the very core of their Christian faith?
    Here is some great insight on the question of whether we can be good without God.

YouTube
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Oct '19 11:18
    @dj2becker

I would probably prefer this one to that. Though thanks.

Can You Be Good Without God?

YouTube&t=114s
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 10:32
    Let us enjoy a little short encore?

Is There Meaning to Life ?

YouTube
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    25 Oct '19 15:59
    @sonship said
    @dj2becker

I would probably prefer this one to that. Though thanks.

Can You Be Good Without God?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxiAikEk2vU&t=114s
    Outstanding in my subjective opinion. 🙂
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '19 06:55
    @suzianne said
    Does your question assume that "RHP Christians" are fundamentally different than other Christians not found on this forum?

I'd be interested in how they are different, to your way of thinking, if you don't mind qualifying your question in this way.
    My question is about RHP questions and is intended for RHP Christians.

If other Christians ~ who are currently not found on this forum ~ decide to come here and expound on their beliefs, then we shall see what they have to say.

If you are asking me about the Christians I live amongst, work with, and know away from this forum, I tried talking about them to you once before and I remember what you assumed and asserted about them.

So I am not going there again.

Is that clear?
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 02:17
    @suzianne said

I'd be interested in how they are different, to your way of thinking, if you don't mind qualifying your question in this way.
    Well, they've got the sense not to engage in these mud-slinging fests for one thing. The rather more self-righteous here might want to remember this passage:

Luke 18:9-14
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 03:04
    @deepthought said
    Well, they've got the sense not to engage in these mud-slinging fests for one thing. The rather more self-righteous here might want to remember this passage:

Luke 18:9-14
    That particular passage I agree should stop anyone from feeling better than anyone else, including those looking down on Christians since we are all flawed.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 05:05
    @kellyjay said
    That particular passage I agree should stop anyone from feeling better than anyone else, including those looking down on Christians since we are all flawed.
    This is a bit rich coming from someone who espouses a religious doctrine that is as narcissistic and as misanthropic as yours is.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 10:34
    @kellyjay said
    Including hypocritical "Christians"?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 10:45
    @suzianne said
    Including hypocritical "Christians"?
    You know anyone who is without flaws?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 11:02
    @fmf said
    My question is about RHP questions and is intended for RHP Christians.

If other Christians ~ who are currently not found on this forum ~ decide to come here and expound on their beliefs, then we shall see what they have to say.

If you are asking me about the Christians I live amongst, work with, and know away from this forum, I tried talking about them to you once before a ...[text shortened]... ember what you assumed and asserted about them.

So I am not going there again.

Is that clear?
    I don't really give a damn what your original question was about, nor what audience you meant it for. I was asking about your reference to "RHP Christians". Clearly, you place them in another category from "other" Christians. I was merely asking you to qualify your stance. Well, what's clear is that you don't want to talk about it for some reason known only to you.

Coming from someone who regularly attacks Christians "here", I'm surprised. Even given the opportunity to climb back up on the soapbox about it, you elect to obfuscate. What's clear to me is this is because you just didn't like who asked the question.

I really don't care about your behavior here, because it's all just "same old, same old" to me. I just find it interesting that even given the chance to reiterate your stance, you decline. You usually don't miss a chance to wax rhetorical, but you missed a chance because you assigned a motive to me that I just don't have, and it was clearly more fun for you, in the moment, to play games with me than to take the chance to explain that difference you see between "RHP Christians" and "other" Christians.

Since all you want to do about this now is "double down" on your knee-jerk explanation, I'll leave you to it. I've explained myself, and since I know you won't actually listen to me, I'm now done. Enjoy your white-washing.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 11:062 edits
    @kellyjay said
    You know anyone who is without flaws?
    Well, you seemed to specifically include those who "look down on Christians". I was just wondering if you also specifically included those "Christians" who talk about following the Christ without actually following him themselves.

No, I do not know anyone without flaws. But I do know an amazing amount of Christians who *think* that this parable doesn't mean them when that type of Christian is exactly what this parable is about.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 11:121 edit
    @suzianne said
    Well, you seemed to specifically include those who "look down on Christians". I was just wondering if you also specifically included those "Christians" who talk about following the Christ without actually following him themselves.
    That was how it was presented, I'm of the opinion we all have sinned and fallen short so if anyone of us looks to find faults in another we will find them they will be there. So that scripture highlights when the guy in that passage of scripture was thanking God he was better than someone else, it revealed his flaws in how he viewed himself better than someone else. None of us here are that good we can place ourselves above anyone else, we all need a Savior.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Nov '19 11:25
    @kellyjay said
    That was how it was presented, I'm of the opinion we all have sinned and fallen short so if anyone of us looks to find faults in another we will find them they will be there. So that scripture highlights when the guy in that passage of scripture was thanking God he was better than someone else, it revealed his flaws in how he viewed himself better than someone else. None of us here are that good we can place ourselves above anyone else, we all need a Savior.
    "None of us here are that good we can place ourselves above anyone else, we all need a Savior."

True. But let's not miss the fact that both players in this parable are Christian. Jesus is saying that the publican "gets" his message, while the Pharisee doesn't "get" it, and has gone as far as to act against those teachings, while still thinking that he is following the Christ better than the publican. These are the hypocritical Christians I often talk about here.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree