1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 11:51
    @fmf said
    My question is about RHP questions and is intended for RHP Christians. If other Christians ~ who are currently not found on this forum ~ decide to come here and expound on their beliefs, then we shall see what they have to say.

If you are asking me about the Christians I live amongst, work with, and know away from this forum, I tried talking about them to you once before and I remember what you assumed and asserted about them. So I am not going there again.
    So, the answer is that you DO mind qualifying your question, which is fine, I guess.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 11:56
    @divegeester said
    I’ve never met any Christians like the regular bunch here at RHP, but there are reasons for that namely...

- I left the church denomination system about 25 years ago so haven’t been exposed to the contemporary trends of thought manipulation and the corporate religious mindset.

- I’ve never been to an American church of any denomination but I’m pretty sure they are packed to the rafters with Christians like the lot we have here.
    It strikes me as a 'fair cop', as long as you're not attributing characteristics of these American Christians to ALL American Christians.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 13:291 edit
    @suzianne said
    So, the answer is that you DO mind qualifying your question, which is fine, I guess.
    My answer was head-on:

My question is with regard to RHP Christians and is addressed to RHP Christians.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 20:031 edit
    @fmf said
    My answer was head-on:

My question is with regard to RHP Christians and is addressed to RHP Christians.
    Not what I asked. At all.

But that's okay. I understand that you might not want to answer my actual question.

It's okay, it actually doesn't matter. My ego wasn't tied up in 'getting you to admit' to anything.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 23:30
    @suzianne said
    Not what I asked. At all.

But that's okay. I understand that you might not want to answer my actual question.

It's okay, it actually doesn't matter. My ego wasn't tied up in 'getting you to admit' to anything.
    I answered your question about my OP directly. I have spoken here many times - over many years - about my thoughts on the Christians I've lived with and loved over the last 5 decades, as well as other Christians I have encountered out here in the 'real' world. Hundreds and hundreds of times. But this particular OP is a question about RHP Christians and is intended for RHP Christians. That's the scope of it. It's very explicit.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 06:39
    @suzianne said
    It strikes me as a 'fair cop', as long as you're not attributing characteristics of these American Christians to ALL American Christians.
    I’m making an assumption that most churchgoing American Christians are like the Christians in this forum. It’s a guess of course but I perceive the Christians in this forum to be a product of their environment.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 11:17
    @fmf said
    I answered your question about my OP directly. I have spoken here many times - over many years - about my thoughts on the Christians I've lived with and loved over the last 5 decades, as well as other Christians I have encountered out here in the 'real' world. Hundreds and hundreds of times. But this particular OP is a question about RHP Christians and is intended for RHP Christians. That's the scope of it. It's very explicit.
    Still doesn't answer my question.

Are you evading?

Why not be straightforward and just come out and say you don't want to, and aren't going to, answer my question?

You're as bad as ToO, who never recognizes anyone else's input and only repeats his own input.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 11:29
    @divegeester said
    I’m making an assumption that most churchgoing American Christians are like the Christians in this forum. It’s a guess of course but I perceive the Christians in this forum to be a product of their environment.
    Thus the 'fair cop' part of my reply. I cannot disagree.

However, there are liberal Christians in America who maintain that Jesus talked about loving one's neighbor and not 'throwing them under the bus'. We understand that there are humans on the globe who aren't like us, but that they are humans too. All I'm saying is that it's never fair to dump people together just because they live in the same country.

At least I appreciate your use of the word 'most'. It doesn't mean 'all'.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 11:391 edit
    @suzianne said
    Thus the 'fair cop' part of my reply. I cannot disagree.

However, there are liberal Christians in America who maintain that Jesus talked about loving one's neighbor and not 'throwing them under the bus'. We understand that there are humans on the globe who aren't like us, but that they are humans too. All I'm saying is that it's never fair to dump people together just ...[text shortened]... e in the same country.

At least I appreciate your use of the word 'most'. It doesn't mean 'all'.
    It's like my pappy used to say, "If you can't put a label on people and make yourself feel superior to them intellectually and morally why even get up in the morn'in?"
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 13:10
    @suzianne said
    Still doesn't answer my question.

Are you evading?

Why not be straightforward and just come out and say you don't want to, and aren't going to, answer my question?

You're as bad as ToO, who never recognizes anyone else's input and only repeats his own input.
    The OP is only about and addressed to RHP Christians. I can't be clearer than that.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 13:13
    @suzianne said
    This thread and OP is soliciting input from RHP's Christians. If you want to discuss Christians who are not RHP Christians - which seems to be your "input" - start a thread of your own about it.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 16:59
    @rajk999 said
    Thats the test to see if someone is of Christ. They are not. Their doctrine is of men.
    How good is good enough, everyone says you should be good so that is a doctrine of man. What religion makes a different claim than be good enough? What the scripture teaches we cannot make ourselves good enough, so God did it for us while we were yet sinners through Jesus Christ.

Put our faith in God’s redemption or our efforts, it’s simply that nothing more. Attempting to be good enough is the way of man in a variety of ways, while Jesus is the only way to God.

It’s a commitment for life, every bit of our lives we are to give ourselves to the Lord without reservation!
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 22:07
    @whodey said
    It's like my pappy used to say, "If you can't put a label on people and make yourself feel superior to them intellectually and morally why even get up in the morn'in?"
    Good luck with that.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 22:091 edit
    @fmf said
    This thread and OP is soliciting input from RHP's Christians. If you want to discuss Christians who are not RHP Christians - which seems to be your "input" - start a thread of your own about it.
    STILL doesn't answer my question.

Here it is, in case you forgot.

Does your question assume that "RHP Christians" are fundamentally different than other Christians not found on this forum?

I'd be interested in how they are different, to your way of thinking, if you don't mind qualifying your question in this way.

Funny how you start excoriating someone in this thread for not answering you, and then you refuse to answer me.

Hypocrisy, much?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '19 22:40
    @suzianne said
    Funny how you start excoriating someone in this thread for not answering you, and then you refuse to answer me.
    "Excoriating"? What are you on about?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree