Statement of belief

Statement of belief

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 18
3 edits

Divegeester, "Prickly" time, I guess. [my bolding]

The office of the son shall hand over all things to the office of the Father, as it says in scripture.

In First Corinthians 15:27,28 which English version do you find the words "hand over" ?

Check here -
https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/15-27.htm
https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/15-28.htm

In which translation do you find the words "HAND OVER" ?

I cannot find such a rendering in English amid multiple English translations.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 18

First Corinthians 15:27,28 -

American Standard Version
For, He put all things in subjection under his feet. But when he saith, All things are put in subjection, it is evident that he is excepted who did subject all things unto him. (v.27)

Who do you think this means the Son will HAND OVER His office to the Father ?

American Standard Version
And when all things have been subjected unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subjected to him that did subject all things unto him, that God may be all in all. (v.28)

Why do you believe this means the Son will HAND OVER His office to the Father ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 18
1 edit

Then the end, whenever He delivers up the kingdom to God, even the Father; whenever He annuls all rule and all authority and power.

For He must reign until He puts all His enemies under His feet.

The last enemy that is being abolished is death." (1 Cor. 15:24-26)

The footnote of the Recovery Version reads

242 When Christ annuls the satanic authority, subdues all His enemies (v. 25), abolishes death (v. 26), and delivers up the kingdom to God the Father, that is, when all the negative things are done away with and the entire purpose of God is fulfilled, the old creation will be concluded.

243 After accomplishing redemption, Christ went to receive the kingdom from the Father (Luke 19:12, 15). Before the millennium He as the Son of Man will have received the kingdom from God, the Ancient of days, to rule all the nations for one thousand years (Dan. 7:13-14; Rev. 20:4, 6). At the end of the millennium, after He has defeated Satan, the devil, and his evil angels (as all rule, authority, and power), and even death and Hades, putting all His enemies under His feet (vv. 25-26) and casting all of them, including death and Hades, into the lake of fire (Rev. 20:7-10, 14), He will deliver the kingdom back to God the Father.

https://online.recoveryversion.bible/FootNotes.asp?FNtsID=4649

Discuss

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Dec 18

1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For 1He has subjected all things under 2His feet. But when 1He says that all things are subjected, it is evident that all things are except 1Him who has subjected all things to 2Him.

Footnote:

271 Referring to God, who has subjected all things under Christ's feet. This is a reference to Psa. 8:6-8 concerning Christ as the man whom God caused to have dominion over all things. This will be fulfilled when all the things mentioned in vv. 24-26 have taken place. For at the beginning of the verse indicates this.

Reference in OT

Psalms 8:6 — Psalms 8:8
6 For You have caused him to rule over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet:

7 All sheep and oxen, As well as the beasts of the field,

8 The birds of heaven and the fish of the sea, Whatever passes through the paths of the seas.

See Online Recovery Version

- https://online.recoveryversion.bible/bibleverses.asp?fvid=21977&lvid=21979&ol=on

F

Moves
22 Dec 18
2 edits

@secondson said
Remember FMF, you don't believe in anything supernatural, so why concern yourself with matters outside your arena?
Because it's a debate and discussion forum. And I am not asking you about anything supernatural. So, was the stuff you typed on page 5 an example of what you have referred to as "spiritual muscle"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 18

The is no mention of a “trinity” holy or otherwise any where in the Bible

There is no mention of an “eternal son” anywhere in the Bible

There is no mention of the lost glorifying Jesus in there endless woe anywhere in the Bible

There is no mention of aliens on other worlds being warned by them observing the lost being hung out in chains anywhere in the Bible

There is no mention of a “ fountain of blood” anywhere in the Bible

And so it goes on and on and on with sonships strange beliefs.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 18

Sonship,

Asking you if you agree with your own church’s statement of belief regarding the trinity is only a “gotcha” question if you refuse to answer.

I am pretty sure you refuse to answer because you are in a cult and your posts here are monitored. I and others have seen your, shall we say mentor, arrive here and coach you in the public forum before their posts were removed.

This is why you won’t answer and this is why you are so prickly about this topic and it’s is why you are hairdriering me right now. Trying desperately to bury the fact that you don’t agree with your own church’s beliefs!

It’s pathetic.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
22 Dec 18

@divegeester said
Sonship,

Asking you if you agree with your own church’s statement of belief regarding the trinity is only a “gotcha” question if you refuse to answer.

I am pretty sure you refuse to answer because you are in a cult and your posts here are monitored. I and others have seen your, shall we say mentor, arrive here and coach you in the public forum before their posts w ...[text shortened]... desperately to bury the fact that you don’t agree with your own church’s beliefs!

It’s pathetic.
Did I somehow miss your post telling us about your church or even what denomination of faith you belong to?

You know, because people have asked about it, I just wanted to be sure I haven't missed it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 18

@suzianne said
Did I somehow miss your post telling us about your church or even what denomination of faith you belong to?

You know, because people have asked about it, I just wanted to be sure I haven't missed it.
Feel free to start a thread on it.

This thread is about sonship’s inability to confirm or deny if he believes in his own church’s statement of belief in the OP.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 18
8 edits

@divegeester

The is no mention of a “trinity” holy or otherwise any where in the Bible

Where does it say the Son of God will "HAND OVER all things to the office of the Father" ?

Does your "all things" include the Son's priesthood ?
If so how come after the Son HANDS OVER all things to the "OFFICE OF THE FATHER" He is "a Priest FOREVER" ?

"Jehovah has swarn, And He will not change;

You are a Priest forever ..." (Psalm 110:4a, Heb. 7:17)

How come it doesn't say "You are no longer a Priest because you did HAND OVER all things to the office of the Father" ?

There is no mention of an “eternal son” anywhere in the Bible

Where is the mention of the Son HANDING OVER all things to the office of the Father ?

Does that include the Son's office as a KIng on a throne?
If so why does Hebrews 1:8 say

And to the Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, ..." (Heb. 1:8)

If the Son's office as a reigning KIng is HANDED OVER to the Father, why doesn't it say "Your throne, O God, is temporary and not forever" ?

There is no mention of the lost glorifying Jesus in there endless woe anywhere in the Bible

But where is the Son HANDING OVER all things to the office of the Father?

And if 1 Cor. 15:28 says that "God may be all in all".

"And when all things have been subjected to Hi, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to Him wh has subjected all things to Him, THAT GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL." (1 Cor. 15:28)

Well if the Son is addressed as "God" in Hebrews 1:8 that must mean that the Son is all in all after the millennial kingdom.

Explain why "God may be all in all" would not mean that the Father - Son - Holy Spirit would not be all in all.

There is no mention of aliens on other worlds being warned by them observing the lost being hung out in chains anywhere in the Bible

Where is the mention of the office of the Son being terminated because it is HANDED OVER to His God and Father ?

The Son's dominion is an eternal dominion according to Daniel 7:14. And one that will not be destroyed.

How come it does not say that it is no longer "His dominion" - after He HANDS OVER all things to the office of the Father" ?

There is no mention of a “ fountain of blood” anywhere in the Bible

If "all things" are HANDED OVER to the office of the Father, does that include the office of the Son being a Shepherd ?

For in eternity the Son shepherds God's people to fountains of living water. How come that service as a leading Shepherd is not terminated being HANDED OVER ?

"For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and guide them to springs of waters of life; and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." (Rev. 7:17)

Why isn't the Son's office as a Shepherd terminated once all things are HANDED OVER to the Father ?

And so it goes on and on and on with sonships strange beliefs.

Its your strange belief that the Son has HANDED OVER His reign to the Father and yet the scene of eternity is a throne "of God and of the Lamb"

"And he showed me a river of water of life, bright as crystal proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb ... ." (Rev. 22:1a)

Why is the Son of God, the Redeeming LAMB seen on the eternal throne if He HANDED OVER all things to the office of the Father?

Are you saying Jehovah God WILL REGRET the Son's offices so that "You are a Priest forever" will be TAKEN BACK by Jehovah God ?

You teach that Jehovah God will change that to "You are a Priest TEMPORARILY" ???

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 18

Sonship,

I am pretty sure you refuse to answer because you are in a cult and your posts here are monitored. I and others have seen your, shall we say mentor, arrive here and coach you in the public forum before their posts were removed.

This is why you won’t answer and this is why you are so prickly about this topic and it’s is why you are hairdriering me right now. Trying desperately to bury the fact that you don’t agree with your own church’s beliefs!

It’s pathetic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 18

It is pathetic that you cannot substantiate you Statement in the Bible regarding the Son HANDING OVER all things to the office of the Father.

" likend to the Son of God, abides a priest PERPETUALLY." (Heb. 7:3b)

If His office has been handed over with all things to the office of the Father how come the Son of God has a priesthood PERPETUALLY ?

Your lack of enthusiasm and skill to back up your Statement are pathetic. And much more serious then your revizing anything about space aliens.

And you seem to be a slave to living in the past. That's pathetic.

So a not eternal Son has the office of a Priest PERPETUALLY ?
How does that work?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Dec 18
1 edit

@sonship said
It is pathetic that you cannot substantiate you Statement in the Bible regarding the Son HANDING OVER all things to the office of the Father.

If His office has been handed over with all things to the office of the Father how come the Son of God has a priesthood PERPETUALLY ?
...[text shortened]... So a not eternal Son has the office of a Priest PERPETUALLY ?
How does that work?
Because they are the same person.

It’s not complicated sonship. Go and have a lay down or something.

Moves
22 Dec 18
1 edit

@sonship said

...[text shortened]... So a not eternal Son has the office of a Priest PERPETUALLY ?
How does that work?
To call a fellow Christian pathetic 3 times in a single post is, well, pathetic.

'Careless words stab like a sword, but the words of wise people bring healing.'
(Proverbs 12:18)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
22 Dec 18
1 edit

@divegeester

Because they are the same person.

It’s not complicated sonship. Go and have a lay down or something.

The Triune God IS ... mysterious.

Your saying " O, it is not complicated " does NOTHING to lesson the mystery of God being THREE _____________.

Your arrogant coming along as Johnny-Come- Lately bragging "O you see it is so simple. Its not complicated"

God - the Son Whose throne is FOREVER.

It is mysterious and there is no HANDING OVER all things by the Son to the office of the Father.