Spirituality: Quotations - Part Two

Spirituality: Quotations - Part Two

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
13 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
So now the KJV is defective.
The Name of Jehovah is found at:
Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Psalms 68:4; Isaiah 26:4; Isaiah 12:2; and
Revelation 19:1,3,4,and 6.
So, if you use the KJV you can find God's Name there.
Many more manuscripts have been found since the KJV was translated.
Our knowledge of the Bible is far more extensive today.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
The Name of Jehovah is found at:
Exodus 6:3; Psalms 83:18; Psalms 68:4; Isaiah 26:4; Isaiah 12:2; and
Revelation 19:1,3,4,and 6.
So, if you use the KJV you can find God's Name there.
Many more manuscripts have been found since the KJV was translated.
Our knowledge of the Bible is far more extensive today.
And I guess your conclusion is that failure to use the name Jehovah will exclude the Christian from the Kingdom of God.

r

Moves
16 Oct 15

And I guess your conclusion is that failure to use the name Jehovah will exclude the Christian from the Kingdom of God.
That's not my call to make.
(Psalm 83:18) May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Many people say they are "Christians" but do they go through Jesus to our Father Jehovah?
Or, do they stop at Jesus?
(Matthew 7:21-23) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’
We need to give credit where credit is due:
(Revelation 4:11) “You are worthy, Jehovah our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they came into existence and were created.”
So, again, what do you call God other than by His title?
Or, is your relationship not that close as to call Him by His real Name?
(James 4:8) Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Oct 15
1 edit

That's not my call to make.
(Psalm 83:18) May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.
Many people say they are "Christians" but do they go through Jesus to our Father Jehovah?
Or, do they stop at Jesus?
(Matthew 7:21-23) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heaven ...[text shortened]... as to call Him by His real Name?
(James 4:8) Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.
James 4 is a lecture on living righteously and refraining from fleshly and worldly desires. So this passage you quoted has the meaning explained in the part you left out :

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (Jas 4:8)

You cannot possibly think that James means that to draw nigh to God you have to use some correct name... you draw nigh to God by how you live.

You are thinking like a man. Gods way of thinking is not that shallow.

r

Moves
16 Oct 15

James 4 is a lecture on living righteously and refraining from fleshly and worldly desires. So this passage you quoted has the meaning explained in the part you left out :

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (Jas 4:8)

You cannot possibly think that James means ...[text shortened]... God by how you live.

You are thinking like a man. Gods way of thinking is not that shallow.
I think I replied to this in another thread???
You are correct as James was giving principles to guide a Christian in the right lifestyle.
My question to you is, "How can you be close to anyone if you don't call them by their name?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Oct 15

I think I replied to this in another thread???
You are correct as James was giving principles to guide a Christian in the right lifestyle.
My question to you is, "How can you be close to anyone if you don't call them by their name?"
The Bible has absolutely nothing about getting close to God by calling him by name. If it did then the name that God wants to be called by would have been stated clearly. Instead there are dozens of names from the Hebrew and Greek Bibles.

You get close to God by praying, and prayers are only effective when you live righteously. So to get close to God start with living in accordance to the principles that God laid down and not by calling him by some obscure name that you think is correct.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. (1 Pet 3:12)

God is close to the righteous people and he ignores evil people.

r

Moves
16 Oct 15

The Bible has absolutely nothing about getting close to God by calling him by name. If it did then the name that God wants to be called by would have been stated clearly. Instead there are dozens of names from the Hebrew and Greek Bibles.

You get close to God by praying, and prayers are only effective when you live righteously. So to get close to God sta ...[text shortened]... at do evil. (1 Pet 3:12)

God is close to the righteous people and he ignores evil people.[/b]
Pray is essential.
Prayer is like calling someone on the phone.
You can dial any number and get someone.
But, unless you dial your Friend's specific number you won't reach him.
Praying to God is similar.
We need to be specific about the God we are praying to by using His Name.
otherwise, we don't know who we might get.
It might even be our enemy Satan.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Oct 15

Pray is essential.
Prayer is like calling someone on the phone.
You can dial any number and get someone.
But, unless you dial your Friend's specific number you won't reach him.
Praying to God is similar.
We need to be specific about the God we are praying to by using His Name.
otherwise, we don't know who we might get.
It might even be our enemy Satan.
Do you have a reference to support any of that?
Now I showed you a passage about who God listens to that seemed pretty clear.
I will repeat it:
- God listens to the righteous and watches over them
- God turns away from the ungodly.
So it seems clear that the criteria for being close to God is being righteous.

So what biblical support do you have for all that mumbo jumbo about calling Satan?

r

Moves
17 Oct 15
1 edit

Do you have a reference to support any of that?
Now I showed you a passage about who God listens to that seemed pretty clear.
I will repeat it:
- God listens to the righteous and watches over them
- God turns away from the ungodly.
So it seems clear that the criteria for being close to God is being righteous.

So what biblical support do you have for all that mumbo jumbo about calling Satan?
Which God do you worship?
(1 Corinthians 8:5) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”
or this one,
(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,
God is only a title. Shouldn't we be more specific as to which God we worship?
We wouldn't want to make a mistake with our sincere worship, would we?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Oct 15

Which God do you worship?
(1 Corinthians 8:5) For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,”
or this one,
(2 Corinthians 4:4) among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,
God is only a title. Shouldn't we be more specific as to which God we worship?
We wouldn't want to make a mistake with our sincere worship, would we?
The references I asked for is to support your belief that using the name Jehovah is critical as you claim. If you have no such refernces then say so.

The closest one can get to God is to have God watch over you and listen to your prayers and this happens when a person lives righteously. And the furthest one can get from God, where God ignores that person, is by living sinful fleshly lives.

I have very clear references to support what I believe. You dont.

In fact one of your references is saying what Im saying its just that you did not quote the whole passage .. read it:

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. (1Co 8:5-6)

Conveniently you ignore the part about Paul telling Christians which God they worship.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Oct 15

What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

W.S

r

Moves
17 Oct 15

The references I asked for is to support your belief that using the name Jehovah is critical as you claim. If you have no such refernces then say so.

The closest one can get to God is to have God watch over you and listen to your prayers and this happens when a person lives righteously. And the furthest one can get from God, where God ignores that person, ...[text shortened]... 6)[/i]

Conveniently you ignore the part about Paul telling Christians which God they worship.
So, again, What do you call the unnamed god that you pray to?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
17 Oct 15

So, again, What do you call the unnamed god that you pray to?
Typical JW arrogance. I made a couple points and you ignore it and ask me questions instead.

r

Moves
17 Oct 15

Typical JW arrogance. I made a couple points and you ignore it and ask me questions instead.
You have for your own convience avoided answering my question.
I did ask first.
If you answer I can give you about 12 + scriptures which show we should use the Name Jehovah (or it's equivalent) in petitioning the True God.

r

Moves
17 Oct 15
1 edit

Maybe you speak another Language. That's o.k.
I believe that Jehovah is Umala in Finnish.
What name do you use?