Someone play with FMF

Someone play with FMF

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

@eladar said
These are issues way above your understanding, so I will not bother trying to explain it to you.
People would be forgiven for thinking this is a cowardly response from you.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

Eladar: I have believed for a while now that in today's world marriage is something to be avoided. Sure if you have religious convictions then get married. Otherwise, marriage is stupid for a guy.

What are your religious convictions with regard to marriage?

E

Moves
27 Mar 20

@fmf said
People would be forgiven for thinking this is a cowardly response from you.
Lol

E

Moves
27 Mar 20

@FMF

Ok, you define what a Christian is and I will tell you if you get it right.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
@FMF

Ok, you define what a Christian is and I will tell you if you get it right.
No. I am not interested in defining "a Christian" for you. I am not one. As for what I meant by a "Christian" attitude to marriage, I mean this:

Keep the lifelong promise that one has made. Do not get divorced. Don't commit adultery. Take personal responsibility and turn the other cheek if necessary. Comfort one another. Take the log out of one's own eye and seek forgiveness when there is conflict. Always reaffirm one's love for each other. Do not terminate a pregnancy unless it is to save your wife's life. Children may complicate a marriage but one must put their interests and the interests of one's husband or wife first. And so on and so forth.

I was still a Christian when I got married so there was a load of religious and scriptural "principles" in play too. What does remain of my "Christian" attitude to marriage seems to stand in stark contrast to pretty much everything you ever say about it.

E

Moves
27 Mar 20
1 edit

@fmf said
No. I am not interested in defining "a Christian" for you. I am not one. As for what I meant by a "Christian" attitude to marriage, I mean this:

Keep the lifelong promise that one has made. Do not get divorced. Don't commit adultery. Take personal responsibility and turn the other cheek if necessary. Comfort one another. Take the log out of one's own eye and seek forgiveness ...[text shortened]... titude to marriage seems to stand in stark contrast to pretty much everything you ever say about it.
See, you do not know what a Christian even is. Your words are without meaning.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

@eladar said
My attitude to and conduct in marriage is rooted in my Christian upbringing and the impact of 25 or so years of Christian faith. It's not something I can ignore or shed or bend. It is an integral part of my moral compass.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

@eladar said
What are your Christian principles with regard to marriage?

F

Moves
27 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
See, you do not know what a Christian even is.
I certainly do know what a Christian is. But that's not the topic in hand.What I have given you is what I believes is a "Christian" attitude to marriage on the part of an ex-Christian.

E

Moves
27 Mar 20

@fmf said
My attitude to and conduct in marriage is rooted in my Christian upbringing and the impact of 25 or so years of Christian faith. It's not something I can ignore or shed or bend. It is an integral part of my moral compass.
You can't even define what a Christian is. Until you can define it, do not throw it around.

Try defining it, then I will tell you if you get it right.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

@eladar said
You can't even define what a Christian is. Until you can define it, do not throw it around.

Try defining it, then I will tell you if you get it right.
What I have provided you with is what I believe is a "Christian" attitude to marriage on the part of an ex-Christian. If you dispute it, go for it. The definition of this "Christian" attitude is the content of the long post above which you are dodging.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20
1 edit

@eladar said
You can't even define what a Christian is.
I have started a thread about it.

E

Moves
27 Mar 20

@FMF

I will tell you if you come up with the right answer. I have an idea of what many will say around here and I think they will be wrong.

F

Moves
27 Mar 20

@eladar said
@FMF

I will tell you if you come up with the right answer. I have an idea of what many will say around here and I think they will be wrong.
You can dispute my and other's definitions to your heart's content.

What are your Christian principles with regard to marriage?

Moves
27 Mar 20

@eladar said
Oh please, someone play with him.
Try calling him a moron, or try calling the moderators morons, better still send Russ feedback calling him a moron.

You know it makes sense...