Somebody help me...

Somebody help me...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
No, that is not the thrust of my argument, since I've given you honest ways
to acknowledge leaving Christ and you've just ignored both to completely
miss once again my point.
Kelly
Well if you accept that we were both Christians back in the day then that's fine. If you accept that I haven't been "lying" about my former Christian faith and that I don't "reject" everyone who is a Christian for "living a lie" then that's fine.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by galveston75
Wow I didn't know you lived there. And with the canals there it is a great place to ride for sure.
Channel 13 put together a bike club named Team Tyree back in 95' I think, from the sports guy there at the station, Gil Tyree and we had about 50 people join the club to do the MS ride that year.
I've ridden all over the valley but my favorites were up ...[text shortened]... Last placed I lived was Happy Valley Rd. and had a great view of Pinnical Peak out my back door.
I think you must mean channel 15, we don't have a 13. But yeah, I get it. The Canals are good for sightseeing, but not that great if you're trying to pack on some miles because it's just gravel on the canal path, great for walking, but it sucks to cycle through that. I usually just stay on the streets, unless I'm going through Scottsdale's greenbelt, and even then, it's sidewalk, not gravel. I would go on some of the longer trips, like up to Carefree or out to Palo Verde, but not in summer. It would be really bad to get a charley horse half way out with not nearly enough water.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Wow, we used to live in Scottadale also. We lived in sight of 'hole in the rock' you probably know exactly where that is. We lived close to the now defunt Los Arcos Mall. So how long have you lived there? We had a band there, old timey american stuff, we called ourselves the Sugarloaf Mountain Band, got some nice gigs, some TV time and such. My wife and I p ...[text shortened]... d many more around the country including a 4 year stint in Israel (Intel) with my family in tow,
I live in south Scottsdale, north of Papago Park, which is where the 'hole in the rock' is. The old Los Arcos Mall is now a business complex called SkySong, I think they have businesses like insurance companies and stuff in there now. Been here about 12 years now, probably not long enough to have heard your band. I bar hop once in a while in the 5th Avenue area in downtown Scottsdale, there are still decent jazz bands and some folk/country to be heard, less than on Mill Avenue in Tempe, which is not far. Kerr is still there, they have some good shows there.

True, there's no more Motorola, but General Dynamics moved into the old Motorola building on McDowell and Hayden, they're still doing well here.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
I live in south Scottsdale, north of Papago Park, which is where the 'hole in the rock' is. The old Los Arcos Mall is now a business complex called SkySong, I think they have businesses like insurance companies and stuff in there now. Been here about 12 years now, probably not long enough to have heard your band. I bar hop once in a while in the 5th Aven ...[text shortened]... mics moved into the old Motorola building on McDowell and Hayden, they're still doing well here.
We would have been close then but we were there in 1983. What does General Dynamics do there? Are they as big as Motorola used to be? If I remember right, they had 8000 people working at Motorola at its peak. They also had a plant in Mesa if I remember right. All ancient history now. I remember a bar in Mesa that had like a million different brands of beer cans on the wall, do you remember that place?

Also, have you ever eaten at Pinnacle Peak Patio up in the hills to the west?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
05 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
I think you must mean channel 15, we don't have a 13. But yeah, I get it. The Canals are good for sightseeing, but not that great if you're trying to pack on some miles because it's just gravel on the canal path, great for walking, but it sucks to cycle through that. I usually just stay on the streets, unless I'm going through Scottsdale's greenbelt, and ...[text shortened]... ummer. It would be really bad to get a charley horse half way out with not nearly enough water.
I thought it was 13 bit it's channel 3 news...anyway the canals are gravel but sure help you stay out of the traffic at times.
Oh yeah I forgot about the green belt or Hayden Wash I think is what they also call it and it's ok but the weekends are too crowded unless your people watching...Lol.
With the club and training for the long rides we probably did 400 miles a week at least and did a few centuries on a good day. I've done a couple even by myself and before the team I never dreamed of doing a hundred in one day on a bike. Such a good feeling to accomplish that..

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Well if you accept that we were both Christians back in the day then that's fine. If you accept that I haven't been "lying" about my former Christian faith and that I don't "reject" everyone who is a Christian for "living a lie" then that's fine.
Did not say that, but since what I've said has gone over you head endless
times, I'll jut let it sit a mystery to you.
Kelly

Moves
05 Aug 14

Did not say that, but since what I've said has gone over you head endless
times, I'll jut let it sit a mystery to you.
Kelly
Can't FMF just now be one Rak999's "Christian's who have lost their salvation"?

Or don't you hold to that doctrine?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by divegeester

I don't think he ever had it, either way he is lost.
Kelly

Moves
05 Aug 14

I don't think he ever had it, either way he is lost.
Kelly
So you don't believe it is possible to lose your salvation?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by galveston75
I thought it was 13 bit it's channel 3 news...anyway the canals are gravel but sure help you stay out of the traffic at times.
Oh yeah I forgot about the green belt or Hayden Wash I think is what they also call it and it's ok but the weekends are too crowded unless your people watching...Lol.
With the club and training for the long rides we probably ...[text shortened]... never dreamed of doing a hundred in one day on a bike. Such a good feeling to accomplish that..
channel 3 is independent now, their on-air people are cooler now than when they were ABC.
Nah, I like seeing people out in the parks, I've been invited to a few volleyball games that way. 🙂

Wow, 100 miles a day, maybe in the wintertime, not the summer, I find it tough sometimes just getting 50 done in the summer. And now with monsoon season, forget it, the humidity kills me. I do 75 miles a day all the time in the wintertime, I've done 100 on occasion, but not very often. I'm consistent in my miles, so I don't want to go so far one day that I don't want to see the bike for the rest of the week. 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 14

Do you mean Sister Mary Elephant with her ruler?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
We would have been close then but we were there in 1983. What does General Dynamics do there? Are they as big as Motorola used to be? If I remember right, they had 8000 people working at Motorola at its peak. They also had a plant in Mesa if I remember right. All ancient history now. I remember a bar in Mesa that had like a million different brands of beer ...[text shortened]... ber that place?

Also, have you ever eaten at Pinnacle Peak Patio up in the hills to the west?
Not sure what exactly GD does, but they are a huge defense contractor. I know ONE guy who works there, he's into computer security. Not sure what else they do there.

Nope, never been to that bar you are talking about. And there are a LOT of little hole in the wall bars here.

Pinnacle Peak Patio, hell yes, my dad LOVED that place, been there a zillion times. Do you mean up in the hills to the east? It's in north Scottsdale, way up on Jomax Road. Here's the website: http://www.pppatio.com/

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
05 Aug 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I also loved cycling, three times i have been hit by people opening their car doors! Once as i was lying in the middle of Ontago street a motorist who was waiting for the lights to change got out and examined the front of his car to make sure that on my way to meet the pavement after said lady opened her car door as i was cycling past i had not grazed his car in the process. It was at that moment that i declared a war on materialism.😵
Reality is an illusion that must be taken seriously😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Aug 14

So you don't believe it is possible to lose your salvation?
What does the scripture say?
Are there warnings about it?
I believe you can walk away, but not without a fight from God, but I do not
believe He will keep you against your will.
Kelly

Moves
05 Aug 14

What does the scripture say?
Are there warnings about it?
I believe you can walk away, but not without a fight from God, but I do not
believe He will keep you against your will.
Kelly
Why do you have to be so vague all the time.

Never-mind the reasons, just explicitly state whether or not you think it is possible that a person could be once saved and now not be?