Somebody help me...

Somebody help me...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
06 Aug 14

Originally posted by CalJust
I was actually referring to KJ's use of those words, and him trying to push you into some corner.
Yes. At one point he was banging on about how I wasn't exactly the same kind of Christian as his or words to that effect.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 14

How can you say that YOUR OWN beliefs are true or false? You cannot!

All you can say is: "The beliefs that I currently hold I BELIEVE to be true!"

Will you admit that your beliefs have changed over time? I know mine have - frequently!

I would go so far as to say that if they have NOT changed, you have NOT grown!
I can say this, God gives His Spirit to those that belong to Him and if you
do not have God's Spirit you don't belong to God. I'm also not touching on
some side issue like the age of the earth with FMF either, but God Himself.
Either Jesus Christ was a reality in his life or not, if his 'beliefs' did not have
God's Spirit actually involved, then he didn't leave God, because he was
never a part of God.

My beliefs have and will change over time, but if Jesus Christ is not the
sure foundation in your life, who cares what you believe about anything
else!
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 14

Originally posted by divegeester
3rd time of asking:

If you believe in the doctrine that a Christian can lose their salvation, then why can you not accept that this may be what has happened in FMF's case?
Forget asking me again! I've answered you, and you either ignore my
reply or just like attempting to pull my chain.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 14

How can you say that YOUR OWN beliefs are true or false? You cannot!

All you can say is: "The beliefs that I currently hold I BELIEVE to be true!"

Will you admit that your beliefs have changed over time? I know mine have - frequently!

I would go so far as to say that if they have NOT changed, you have NOT grown!
So you think growing "beyond Jesus Christ" is a good thing?
Kelly

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Aug 14

Originally posted by KellyJay
Listen, I've done pages with him on the point that bothers me about his
story. It didn't have anything to do with that doctrine, it had everything
to do with how he describes it.

Had he said, I knew the Lord but walked away, okay, I agree change of heart.

Had he said, I walked as a Christian for years, but realized it was false than
that would be o ...[text shortened]... f actually coming to the Lord, if his
blinded heart ever gets a taste of the real thing.
Kelly
4th time of asking:

If you believe in the doctrine that a Christian can lose their salvation, then why can you not accept that this may be what has happened in FMF's case?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
06 Aug 14

So you think growing "beyond Jesus Christ" is a good thing?
Kelly
Silly boy.

How can ANYBODY grow "beyond" Christ??

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Aug 14

4th time of asking:

Baby steps. KJ is coming out of the closet with some of his hidden beliefs.

Cape Town

Moves
06 Aug 14

I think what Kelly is trying to say, is that for him, Jesus is real and not a belief, so it would be impossible for him to change his belief about Jesus (as it is not a belief).
So he is claiming that FMFs former belief, which was just a belief, not a reality, could not be equivalent to what he experiences.
I don't think Kelly is considering the possibility that he may be mistaken about the reality of Jesus, and that it may in fact, be a belief.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 14

Silly boy.

How can ANYBODY grow "beyond" Christ??
I'm asked a question, a growing ever changing faith, someone has Christ
so they say, and now they have matured to no longer need Him. Between
their ears is this good, no one is beyond Christ!
Kelly

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Aug 14
1 edit

Forget asking me again! I've answered you, and you either ignore my
reply or just like attempting to pull my chain.
Kelly
You haven't answered Kelly.

This is just what Galveston gets like when he feels painted into a corner. It's not endearing behaviour you know.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Aug 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
I think what Kelly is trying to say, is that for him, Jesus is real and not a belief, so it would be impossible for him to change his belief about Jesus (as it is not a belief).
So he is claiming that FMFs former belief, which was just a belief, not a reality, could not be equivalent to what he experiences.
I don't think Kelly is considering the possibility that he may be mistaken about the reality of Jesus, and that it may in fact, be a belief.
I think you are spot on from that perspective; he is also in denial about the practical out-working of his belief in the doctrine that a Christian can lose his salvation. It seems that Kelly has hammered the "FMF was never saved" nail so hard and so dogmatically that he now cannot (publicly at least) reconcile that obstinate stance with his belief in lost salvation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Aug 14

This is just what Galveston get like when he feels painted into a corner. It's not endearing behaviour you know.
By the way that was the 5th time ..😀
Its like he has to admit he is gay or something.
Although these days thats not a big deal

P

Moves
06 Aug 14
2 edits

I think you are spot on from that perspective; he is also in denial about the practical out-working of his belief in the doctrine that a Christian can lose his salvation. It seems that Kelly has hammered the "FMF was never saved" nail so hard and so dogmatically that he now cannot (publicly at least) reconcile that obstinate stance with his belief in lost salvation.
As near as I can tell, I think what Kelly is attempting to argue is that he thinks there is a difference between rejecting God and disbelieving in God. I think he believes that you can stop being a Christian if you reject God (but still believe the biblical God is real), but the only way you could disbelieve the biblical God is if you never really believed in God in the first place (a variation on the No True Scotsman fallacy).

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Aug 14
2 edits

Originally posted by PatNovak
As near as I can tell, I think what Kelly is attempting to argue is that he thinks there is a difference between rejecting God and disbelieving in God. I think he believes that you can stop being a Christian if you reject God (but still believe the biblical God is real), but the only way you could disbelieve the biblical God is if you never really believed in God in the first place (a variation on the No True Scotsman fallacy).
That there is this much speculation about what Kelly does or doesn't mean is testament to his inherent vagueness in his posting. Even his dogmatic stubbornness does not translate cohesively when put into writing. However I've followed his posts on the issue of FMF's dubious flirtation with Christianity, and am convinced that Kelly has barked himself into a corner.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Aug 14

This is just what Galveston gets like when he feels painted into a corner. It's not endearing behaviour you know.
Pull my post up and tell me where it falls short.
Kelly