"Sheol"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
......by sugar coating your options or by withholding the facts regarding their diametrically opposed eternal consequences.
Actually, the question posed here by dive and others was NOT the existence of hell per se , but your particular take on it, which does seem quite revolutionary and (if you will excuse me saying so) not a little absurd, even to those here who DO believe in a hell.

So the question remains whether you can confirm that you literally believe in a four-chamber construction in the centre of the earth, and can indicate whether this is in the actual core of the earth, or in the surrounding mantle of magma. So a physical, rather than a spiritual, structure.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I'm sorry GB but this is so out of whack for me that I don't know where to begin. It would take me days to respond properly.
So I think, I pass.
Besides it is no more foolish than Pharaoh agreeing to let God's people go and then have God harden his heart.
So 4 compartments in hell isn't much different than all the rest of the ways people slice up the b ...[text shortened]... made God in their own image. And each man has a different image. It is no different than Mars Hill.
"I'm sorry GB but this is so out of whack for me that I don't know where to begin. It would take me days to respond properly.
So I think, I pass."

checkbaiter, fine; doing so is an option. However, this original post provides no less than thirty nine (39) relevant passages of the Word of God which reveal and/or attest to the fact that these four compartments of Sheol / Hades exist. If you reject God's authority all that you have left is your own. You either desire to know or you've decided that you are also as omniscient as God Himself and know all the knowable since eternity past already.

c

Moves
30 Aug 15

"I'm sorry GB but this is so out of whack for me that I don't know where to begin. It would take me days to respond properly.
So I think, I pass."

checkbaiter, fine; doing so is an option. However, this original post provides no less than thirty nine (39) relevant passages of the Word of God which reveal and ...[text shortened]... you are also as omniscient as God Himself and know all the knowable since eternity past already.
There is NO hell. When Jesus was crucified, He saved ALL humans. There is no need for a make believe cavern in the center of the earth. That is absurd. We are ALL saved.

F

Moves
30 Aug 15
1 edit

If you reject God's authority all that you have left is your own. You either desire to know or you've decided that you are also as omniscient as God Himself and know all the knowable since eternity past already.

Wait. So, according to you, if one disagrees with your interpretation of something ~ in this case some extra-Biblical blather about actual caverns at the centre of the earth ~ then you think they have "decided that [they] are also as omniscient as God Himself and know all the knowable since eternity past already"? All for disagreeing with you? Isn't that a bit of a reach?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Aug 15
2 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Ok, thanks. These literal 4 compartments that you believe are at the centre of the earth; are they in among the molten lava or are they in the mantle? If they are in the mantle, then they cannot be in the geometric "centre".
"Ok, thanks. These literal 4 compartments that you believe are at the centre of the earth..."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
"Sheol – Old Testament Hebrew Word / Hades – New Testament Greek Word (Both words are speaking of the same place)"

"This place is in the center of the earth or globe. The Bible suggests that Sheol or Hades is downward (Ezekiel 32:21, 27; Numb. 16:30-35) and that God’s dwelling place is upward (Job 37:22; Isa. 14:31; Psalms 121:9; Duet. 32:22; Job 11:8). The term’s grave, pit and hell all translate sheol in the Old Testament. The context determines their meaning. The context can point to the grave and also the actual compartment of the departed spirit. The Bible also teaches that there were originally four compartments in this great cavern in the center of the earth..." / I believe the Word of God..

F

Moves
30 Aug 15

The Bible also teaches that there were originally four compartments in this great cavern in the center of the earth..." / I [b]believe the Word of God..
And what is your reason for deciding it's not a metaphor?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by CalJust
I always thought (incorrectly, it appears) that the three-tiered universe went out with Galileo and Copernicus.

But if this 4-cell chamber is really in the centre of this planet, then at least there is respite for the poor souls there. This planet and its sun will disappear in only a few million years.

But in order to live forever, maybe the inhabitants w ...[text shortened]... cent planet in a new galaxy? But even that will burn out. Maybe it says that in the Bible somewhere?
Interesting speculations. Do you enjoy reading science fiction novels?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
That is interesting. I don't recall ever hearing this four compartment theory before.
"theory"?

Note: Replies will continue for page two and subsequent pages. My thanks to each of you for your interest in this compelling biblical truth.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
30 Aug 15
1 edit

"Ok, thanks. These literal 4 compartments that you believe are at the centre of the earth..."

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
[b]This place is in the center of the earth or globe. The Bible suggests that Sheol or Hades is donward and that God’s dwelling place is upward The term’s grave, pit and ...[text shortened]... rtments in this great cavern in the center of the earth..." / I [b]believe
the Word of God..[/b]
Do you accept that it was exactly these verses that you refer to that informed the early belief in a flat earth and a three-tier universe (Hell down, Heaven up, Earth in between), which the church defended to the death?

Until Copernicus and Galileo showed otherwise, and the church, most reluctantly, finally agreed?

So you are still in a pre-Copernican World View?

F

Moves
30 Aug 15

Replies will continue for page two and subsequent pages. My thanks to each of you for your interest in this compelling biblical truth.
You missed this one from page 1:

Grampy Bobby: It is your personal acceptance or rejection of a grace [free] gift paid for in full by Jesus Christ. The moment of your physical death seals your personal decision for eternity. Because of His Divine Integrity [His Divine Attributes of Justice; Righteousness and Immutability] He can neither deny Himself nor alter your personal choice. Yes, I do realize this will not become a well received thread. However, I wouldn't be doing those of you who have not yet believed in Christ any favors by sugar coating your options or by withholding the facts regarding their diametrically opposed eternal consequences. Objectively focused, relevant questions will be answered in the sequence asked during the days and weeks ahead. For your own sake, please ponder the information given above.

Tell us once again what the fate is that awaits those who do not find the things you claim here ~ or your sources ~ to be credible.

Furthermore, try to explain what the merits are of the kind of justice you think that this fate represents, according to your ideology.

Finally, what moral lessons can be drawn from aforementioned notion of "justice" and then applied to the implementation of justice by humans ~ in the course of their interactions ~ during their time on earth up to the point at which they die.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Aug 15

"theory"?
According to the evolutionists, a theory is a scientific fact. 😏

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
According to the evolutionists, a theory is a scientific fact. 😏
It is true that 'theory' means something very different when it is applied to something verifiable through objective testing (as apposed to blind speculation).

Stephen Fry of course could explain it better.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Aug 15

So I think, I pass."

checkbaiter, fine; doing so is an option. However, this original post provides no less than thirty nine (39) relevant passages of the Word of God which reveal and ...[text shortened]... you are also as omniscient as God Himself and know all the knowable since eternity past already.
I think you should reword your comments to "your understanding" of these scriptures are so and so. That would be more accurate.🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Aug 15

Originally posted by CalJust
Actually, the particular passage referred to can be neither literally nor figuratively true.

If the Earth had really stopped turning for several hours (thus making the sun APPEAR to stand still) both armies would have been wiped out by the 1000 mph windstorm.

The anecdote is an interesting folklore, that must have been based on a real event, where Josh ...[text shortened]... hing like that.

But the sun did NOT actually stand still and the earth did NOT stop rotating.
With the laws of nature operating In the absence of God, then what you say is probably true. With God all things are possible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Aug 15

I'm not sure what you are suggesting; should we all stop coming to the forum?
Dont understand how you go from learning what to expect from each poster over time, to 'stop coming to the forums'.