Seventh-Day Adventist?

Seventh-Day Adventist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel

Napoli, Italia

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
So the day of rest is Saturday!!! ...well why are we not returning to work on Sunday then!!!
The Jewish people do!

JJ

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by Stregone
The Jewish people do!
And the rest???

Cape Town

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by Nemesio
The purpose of these rituals is to inspire in one's person the inclination to do the other things that Christians are called to do (like you said, feed the poor, &c).
I am not happy with your implication that the rituals have a specific 'purpose' independent of the different people who celebrate them. You may be explaining your reasons (or purpose) for celebrating them. The rituals exist for many different reasons and the reasons why people celebrate them are many and varied. For example I know Christians who treat Christmas as a non-Christian festival. ie they celebrate it but don't see it as being Christian in any way. Also many non-Christians celebrate some of them and many of the traditions surrounding them originated in other traditions eg the date of Christmas, the easter bunny, easter eggs etc.
If by purpose you mean "why they were created" then again you could only by partially correct. For example Wikipedia says about Christmas:
"In part, the Christmas celebration was created by the early Church in order to entice pagan Romans to convert to Christianity without losing their own winter celebrations"

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
I am not happy with your implication that the rituals have a specific 'purpose' independent of the different people who celebrate them. You may be explaining your reasons (or purpose) for celebrating them. The rituals exist for many different reasons and the reasons why people celebrate them are many and varied. For example I know Christians who treat Chr ...[text shortened]... pagan Romans to convert to Christianity without losing their own winter celebrations"[/b]
The rituals do have a purpose, as do all rituals. Bar mitzvah and bris have a purpose. Quinceañera has a purpose. High school graduation has a purpose. Singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" at the seventh inning stretch has a purpose. Sometimes the purpose has remained the same as it did in the very beginning, and sometimes it hasn't. Whether or not someone who follows some of the externals of a tradition is internalizing the meaning and purpose of the tradition is not a reflection on the tradition itself.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
26 Jul 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Stregone
As far as I feel or care for anything religion--I don't--but I was once an Adventist. GOD should rightfully be worshipped on the 7th day of the week (saturday) and not on the 1st day (sunday).
When Jesus was murdered on the cross by US. HE fullfilled the law of GOD as a sacrifice for our sins.
If you worship or keep the sabbath on saterday, or sunday, it does not matter. As long as your doing it because you love GOD.

For we are saved by grace from GOD. Not of ourselfs (following the law) lest ANYMAN should boast.
If you keep the sabbath on saterday because you love GOD that's great! If you go to church or keep the sabbath on sunday because you love GOD that's great also.
If you're keeping the sabbath on saterday to point the finger at everyone other than your sect that you follow, and judging others to hell, and thinking you're above everyone else because they don't follow you or your sect, then you are the ones who are sinning. And this goes for people who worship on sunday also.
JESUS said more than anything else NOT to judge others who love and FOLLOW GOD. Or who are trying.
The same goes for christmas, Easter, ETC ETC.
It's very clear if someone claims to follow GOD but doe's not, or is not. We all sin from time to time and fall short of the glory of GOD.

JESUS said there is two comandments now,
1. Love GOD with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.
"AND THE SECOND COMANDMENT IS LIKE THE FIRST"
2. Love your neighbor as yourself. (Even love and show mercy and compassion on your enemies). If you do these two comandments you are now following the law of GOD.

God Bless,

JJ

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by KingDavid403
When Jesus was murdered on the cross by US. HE fullfilled the law of GOD as a sacrifice for our sins.
If you worship or keep the sabbath on saterday, or sunday, it does not matter. As long as your doing it because you love GOD.

For we are saved by grace from GOD. Not of ourselfs (following the law) lest ANYMAN should boast.
If you keep ...[text shortened]... If you do these two comandments you are now following the law of GOD.

God Bless,
God bless you KingDavid403 ....

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
God bless you KingDavid403 ....
Thank you. Back at you. 😉

JJ

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by KingDavid403
Thank you. Back at you. 😉
Many thanks...its so nice for you to point out these things to us....refreshing actually....i was having a really bad day until i read your post...cant thank you enough !!!!!😵

a

Moves
26 Jul 07

Originally posted by twhitehead
So why do so many people claim to know when it is going to happen? You included. Or are you allowed to know the month but not the day and hour?
nobody knows when it will happen. anyone who claims to is lying.