Sermon Competition

Sermon Competition

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 Aug 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
If American Idol had that format, this guy would have won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyNpU484k_k

Anyway, we have a diverse group of judges who I think will give thoughtful responses.
I thought he was great! Though the head flips were annoying.

I thought this guy was gay. Is he in the closet, singing about "his kind of girl" or is this a false gaydar alert?

Why did the judges not like him?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
02 Aug 08

Originally posted by scherzo
I don't pretend to like many sermons, but that was AMAZING!!! 😀 😀

Never have I heard such a politically amazing plus enlightening sermon! Your intelligence is obviously not limited to debates, my Dutch friend.
You praise intelligence when what you're really happy about is that he agrees with you. Fool.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Aug 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
I thought he was great! Though the head flips were annoying.

I thought this guy was gay. Is he in the closet, singing about "his kind of girl" or is this a false gaydar alert?

Why did the judges not like him?
The judges did not like him because there were several people, Howard Stern one of them, who started a campaign to get people to vote for him and make the whole contest look ridiculous. That's why Cowell was throwing up his hands and said, "It doesn't matter anymore."

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Aug 08
1 edit

The judges did not like him because there were several people, Howard Stern one of them, who started a campaign to get people to vote for him and make the whole contest look ridiculous. That's why Cowell was throwing up his hands and said, "It doesn't matter anymore."
I would do some damage to Gwen Stefani. Randy knows what I'm talking about. What up, DAAAWWWWGGGGG! That dude brings a smile to face every time I see him. He's just one smooth brotha.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Aug 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
I would do some damage to Gwen Stefani. Randy knows what I'm talking about. What up, DAAAWWWWGGGGG! That dude brings a smile to face every time I see him. He's just one smooth brotha.
Here she is in a very BWA mood. Notice how no one ever said anything about her being gangsta and white.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
02 Aug 08

She needs a boob job.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
02 Aug 08

At this point we have three entries. DoctorScribbles, Shavixmir and Hand of Hercate.

Moves
02 Aug 08

I won't be able to get an entry in today; broke a rib a week ago so it's been a rough week for me.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
02 Aug 08

At this point we have three entries. DoctorScribbles, Shavixmir and Hand of Hercate.
Jesus. If nobody else is going to participate, at least say a prayer for the congregation.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
02 Aug 08

At least spell my name right when you announce my winning entry.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
Note I didn't say all of it. Perhaps I'm not a total loss right? For example, I don't buy that God smote the walls of Jericho with trumpets. A good ol' earthquake or some of Joshua's seige engines is more likely. This was, I'm sure accompanied by trumpets.
Nobody living is a total loss! I don't have a problem with someone not believing that the story of Jericho is true or not. I don't think it is essential for salvation.
You know the rest.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Aug 08

Jesus. If nobody else is going to participate, at least say a prayer for the congregation.
Well don't wait up till midnight just waiting for the next entry. 😀
You might be disappointed. 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Aug 08

You people realize, don't you, that if nobody else submits an entry, I'm going to win this? Do you really want me to be able to add Champion of Homiletics to my ever-growing list of site titles?
I read this thread through a couple of times to get a feel for it, and I think you got it sown up. 😏

I'll try to get something in to save some face. 😳 😉

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
03 Aug 08

The deadline for the entries in the '08 sermon competition will be midnight on Saturday August 2nd. Don't ask about timezone shizzle as I ain't got time for that kind of stuff. They should be 5-7 minutes in length. They should have a passage to correspond to the message which is not part of the 5-7 minutes. They will be judged on integrity with the pa ...[text shortened]... what to preach.

This competition is proudly sponsored by the BWA-Ivory Tower coalition.
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DKUS_en___US255&q=Bible+sermons

Here is at least half a million sermons.

I had an idea for a sermon, but after reading half a million sermons I seem to have lost it.

So I am submitting this post as my entry in this first round.

I was hoping to come up with something original. Maybe next time.

Thank you all very much. Please come again.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
03 Aug 08

Originally posted by josephw
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DKUS_en___US255&q=Bible+sermons

Here is at least half a million sermons.

I had an idea for a sermon, but after reading half a million sermons I seem to have lost it.

So I am submitting this post as my entry in this first round.

I was hoping to come up with something original. Maybe next time.

Thank you all very much. Please come again.
Gay. I do not wish to compete against a database user. I didn't even refer to a dictionary for mine.