Sermon Competition

Sermon Competition

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
06 Aug 08

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I probably should have developed the "carnage" aspect of my sermon more than I did. Looking at it again, I could have worked it into a more compelling arguement that victory/success lay through a willingness to do anything that God asks us to do.

I do find the scorched Earth policy that seems prevalent in the OT interesting. I am always le ...[text shortened]... ey problem in America. We have a values and priorities problem.”
Marian Wright Edelman
Well, despite my getting carried away with what Will Campbell might’ve done, in somewhat more “traditional” sermonizing—

I really liked that the word occurred just that once in your sermon: it was like being gently drawn in and then slapped once on the face: that single clap then colors the whole affair, and becomes at least subconsciously attached to “obedience” from there on out. Sometimes, less is more...

p

SEMO

Moves
06 Aug 08

Are we going to see your evaluations or are you punting on this one?
Sorry, we were stuck out of town with car problems. We had to stay at a frinds house untill it was fixed and they didn't have internet. Please forgive me for the delay. I was worried about it all day yesterday.

Here are my evaluations:

Doctor Scibbles

Over all: 70/90
-Integrity with the passage: 25/30
-Creativity: 25/30
-Convincing nammer: 20/30

The passage was not that convincing nor had much creativity for that same tatic is used too often as a gilt tip. The most creativity was from applying the passage to the world insted of only when the Lord returns which I saw as thought proviking. I would have liked to have seen more on the passage also.

Hand of Hecate

Over all: 95/90
-Integrity with the passage: 33/33
-Creativity: 30/33
-Convincing manner: 32/33

Your entry is very uplifting and I like the effort you put into it. Putting it into a narrative story shows creativity, however, it makes it seem as if it is not from you so I also only judged on the actual sermon itself. You stayed with the passage and integrated it into the sermon which I liked a lot. It is very convincing, has a lot of truth in it, and kept my attention.

vistesd

Over all: 90/99
-Integrity with the passage: 28/33
-Creativity: 32/33
-Convincing manner: 30/34

I liked the creativity especially when this sort of thing rarely happens. It is also very convincing, though more proof of the translation would have been a good idea ( I have not heard of this translation before and tried to find something on it ). Integrity with the passage/verse could also have been better. Refering back to the verse more would have helped to make it seem more Biblical.

Shavixmir

Over all: 82/90
-Integrity with the passage: 32/33
-Creativity: 20/33
-Convincing manner: 30/33

You could have made it more intresting if you would have put it in a differnt form than what is seen all the time by pastors. Sermons with a lot of feeling is very convencing, however you must not rely apon feeling. Truth is better than using felling to convence people. You did, however, stay on topic and I agree with Mimor that it is very thought provoking.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
06 Aug 08

Originally posted by pritybetta
Sorry, we were stuck out of town with car problems. We had to stay at a frinds house untill it was fixed and they didn't have internet. Please forgive me for the delay. I was worried about it all day yesterday.

Here are my evaluations:

Doctor Scibbles

Over all: 70/90
-Integrity with the passage: 25/30
-Creativity: 25/30
-Convincing nammer: 20/ ...[text shortened]... r, stay on topic and I agree with Mimor that it is very thought provoking.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Aug 08

Hand of Hecate

Over all: 95/90
Wow.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
07 Aug 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
Wow.
Hermaneutical criticism seems to be her strong suit and not math.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
07 Aug 08

OK, here are the results. Judges will try to be a little clearer in the next round as we agreed to a numerical formula and it didn't always translate well. Despite this I felt we got off to a great start.

Doctor Scribbles: 226 points
Shavixmir: 247 points
Hand of Hecate:: 232 points
vistesd: 278 points

p

SEMO

Moves
07 Aug 08

Originally posted by Conrau K
Wow.
lol, I didn't have time to proof read. sorry for the typo. I hope everyone knew what I ment.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
07 Aug 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
OK, here are the results. Judges will try to be a little clearer in the next round as we agreed to a numerical formula and it didn't always translate well. Despite this I felt we got off to a great start.

Doctor Scribbles: 226 points
Shavixmir: 247 points
Hand of Hecate:: 232 points
vistesd: 278 points
Yey! 3rd Place!

At least I'm still better than that skid mark Scribbles.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 08

Yey! 3rd Place!

You tried to bribe one of the judges and you still placed 3rd. ... numbsack ..... 😀

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 08

lol, I didn't have time to proof read. sorry for the typo. I hope everyone knew what I ment.
Was Dr Scribbles 70/90 also a typo? You have his three scores over 30. That means 70/90 x 100 = 78.

Then the HOH 95/90 is a typo?

Then Vistesd 33+33+34 = 99? Is that a typo as well?

Then Shav 33+33+33 = 90 ? Another typo?

So is Dr Scribbles 70? or 78? Becuase if its 78 that might but him in 3rd place, instead of last.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Aug 08

Yey! 3rd Place!

I think youre last place Mr Numbsack.

Dr Scribbles is 70/90, which is really 78/100. That gives him 8 more points.

He is therefore 234 and you are 232.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
07 Aug 08
5 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
I think youre last place Mr Numbsack.

Dr Scribbles is 70/90, which is really 78/100. That gives him 8 more points.

He is therefore 234 and you are 232.
Jesus, this isn't the Council of Nicea. I don't know that it's necessary to precisely interpret prittybeta's decree down to the last digit.

I'm really not even in this to win it. My list of RHP achievements is already longer than Abraham's lineage. I'm more of a celebrity contestant like you might find stooping down from a Universal Studios set to appear on Wheel of Fortune. I really just wanted to lay down a good Fire and Brimstone sermon for fun.

Hand, pride goeth before a fall. If I were you, I wouldn't waste yours on a third place standing, since the only place to fall to is last.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
07 Aug 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
Jesus, this isn't the Council of Nicea. I don't know that it's necessary to precisely interpret prittybeta's decree down to the last digit.

I'm really not even in this to win it. My list of RHP achievements is already longer than Abraham's lineage. I'm more of a celebrity contestant like you might find stooping down from a Universal Studios set ...[text shortened]... wouldn't waste yours on a third place standing, since the only place to fall to is last.
Doc, when it is my term to name the topic, I think you will find it a "tableau rasa" to do your thang.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
07 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by kirksey957
Doc, when it is my term to name the topic, I think you will find it a "tableau rasa" to do your thang.
I'm sure I can come up with something to say about a wealthy man in purple clothes for Round 2.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
07 Aug 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
[bHand, pride goeth before a fall. [/b]
Ha! Pot, kettle and black spring immediately to mind.