Scientific Proof Against Evil-lution

Scientific Proof Against Evil-lution

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
That is the generally accepted approximation, but I do not have the knowledge to know if that speed can or can not be exceeded by the light itself. The Holy Bible says God made the light as well as that God is light. So this would indicate that God has control of light in any medium.
So no, he does not accept that it is a universal constant, since god is magic!

--- Penguin.

O

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by Penguin
So no, he does not accept that it is a universal constant, since god is [b]magic!

--- Penguin.[/b]
There you have it,the gentleman is unable to give any personal opinion.Basically he is a biological recording of bible with nothing to say for himself.The creationists are without doubt one of the greatest allies of atheism,the vast majority of people respond to reasoned thinking,in the end they will be a foot note in history. .

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by OdBod
Excellent! In your OWN words do you accept that the speed of light through a vacuum is 186000 miles per second and cannot be exceeded.
Actually a better measurement would be 300,000 km/sec. It's actually a little under that, but 300,000 km/sec is just easier to calculate with. For one thing, if you plug in kms/sec for c, grams for m, E turns out to be in ergs.

Anyways, can we get on with it now? I've been waiting for you to drop the other shoe for at least a day now.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Feb 13

That is the generally accepted approximation, but I do not have the knowledge to know if that speed can or can not be exceeded by the light itself. The Holy Bible says God made the light as well as that God is light. So this would indicate that God has control of light in any medium.
"... can or cannot be exceeded by the light itself."

What in heck does this even mean?

The speed of light is a maximum speed limit for anything with mass. How can light exceed the speed of light? It's called the "speed of light" because, well, it is the speed of light. How can light exceed its own speed? Wouldn't it then cease to be the "speed of light"?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
"... can or cannot be exceeded by the light itself."

What in heck does this even mean?

The speed of light is a maximum speed limit for anything with mass. How can light exceed the speed of light? It's called the "speed of light" because, well, it is the speed of light. How can light exceed its own speed? Wouldn't it then cease to be the "speed of light"?
An Italian experiment has unveiled evidence that fundamental particles known as neutrinos can travel faster than light. Other researchers are cautious about the result, but if it stands further scrutiny, the finding would overturn the most fundamental rule of modern physics—that nothing travels faster than 299,792,458 meters per second.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=particles-found-to-travel

O

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Actually a better measurement would be 300,000 km/sec. It's actually a little under that, but 300,000 km/sec is just easier to calculate with. For one thing, if you plug in kms/sec for c, grams for m, E turns out to be in ergs.

Anyways, can we get on with it now? I've been waiting for you to drop the other shoe for at least a day now.
As you know Suzianne , reasoned argument is impossible with him.I was going to ask him how he could explain the visible universe we see today given a maximum size of only 5000 light years.He hides behind the "can't see it happening " excuse with evolution, with regard to plate tectonics and the fossil record etc, invariably the evidence is rubbish or physical laws were different in the past.However, the speed of light can be measured NOW and we can look at the universe NOW. All those galaxies and stars must be very small if you get my drift!

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
19 Feb 13

Is god other forms of electromagnetic radiation as well?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by OdBod
As you know Suzianne , reasoned argument is impossible with him.I was going to ask him how he could explain the visible universe we see today given a maximum size of only 5000 light years.He hides behind the "can't see it happening " excuse with evolution, with regard to plate tectonics and the fossil record etc, invariably the evidence is rubbish or physica ...[text shortened]... ook at the universe NOW. All those galaxies and stars must be very small if you get my drift!
Your problem, other than not accepting the truth revealed from God, is that you are trying to explain the PAST by the NOW by using assumptions. To ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME. 😏

P

Moves
19 Feb 13

An Italian experiment has unveiled evidence that fundamental particles known as neutrinos can travel faster than light. Other researchers are cautious about the result, but if it stands further scrutiny, the finding would overturn the most fundamental rule of modern physics—that nothing travels faster than 299,792,458 meters per second.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=particles-found-to-travel
Have you not been paying attention? The researchers themselves felt their results were unlikely to be right, they just couldn't find where the error was. By the middle of last year the conclusion was that it was down to a fault in the wiring.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/jun/08/neutrino-researchers-einstein-right

This is how science works in the real world. Watch and learn RJ, watch and learn.

--- Penguin.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
19 Feb 13

Your problem, other than not accepting the truth revealed from God, is that you are trying to explain the PAST by the NOW by using assumptions. To ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME. 😏
You are making one huge assumption. That your personal deity exists.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Feb 13

Originally posted by Kepler
You are making one huge assumption. That your personal deity exists.
Oh, is that so? Where did you get this wisdom?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
20 Feb 13

Lucifer = Light Bearer
Not that this just might be a contradiction.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
20 Feb 13

Originally posted by Penguin
Have you not been paying attention? The researchers themselves felt their results were unlikely to be right, they just couldn't find where the error was. By the middle of last year the conclusion was that it was down to a fault in the wiring.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/jun/08/neutrino-researchers-einstein-right

This is how science works in the real world. Watch and learn RJ, watch and learn.

--- Penguin.
Good luck on that one. Like telling a brick you can learn to be a house.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
20 Feb 13

Oh, is that so? Where did you get this wisdom?
Have you got anything concrete other than a poorly translated, badly edited and shockingly redacted collection of ancient writings to demonstrate that you are not making an assumption about the existence of a deity?

P

Moves
20 Feb 13

The Holy Bible is not a biology textbook from God. It give the information in generalities and not in specifics.

Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit [b]according to its kind
, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so.

God created great sea creatures and every ...[text shortened]... we get the general idea that kinds do not cross over and produce creatures of a different kind.[/b]
So from where do you get your definition of a 'kind'? You accept that the bible is imprecise. It does not define what a 'kind' is. It could simply mean "very similar to its parents", which is exactly in line with evolution by natural selection.

--- Penguin.