Salvation

Salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 15
3 edits

Nothing else is required and these Christians claim to have eternal life immediately upon professing their faith.

So what is wrong with being confirmed that you have eternal life upon putting your faith in Jesus? Nothing is wrong with it at all. If some Christians STOP growing right there, that is not the fault of the New Testament or or Paul.

In fact it is preferable that a strong foundation be laid to believers on the assurance of salvation in that regard. That strong foundation in having the gift of eternal life is needed to go on to enjoy that life for the growth and progress of the believer and the building up of the church.

I am tempted to use proof texts. But I don't think I need to. The answer to loose or carnal Christians taking license with forgiveness is not railing against "administration of grace."

If a believer should go on from MILK to MEAT in teaching, the answer is not to deny that MILK exists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Sep 15
2 edits

Hence for these Christians there is a significant difference between the teachings of Christ and that of the Apostles.

It is vain to try to pit Christ against His apostles.
The fault of spiritual immaturity is not in reading only Paul and not enough of the red letters in the four gospels.

We should not attempt to pit Christ against those sent by Christ as His apostles. And what Jesus spoke the apostles lived and spoke in like manner. Paul particularly was a pioneer in both the enjoyment of grace and in the responsibility of the kingdom.

The problem with degraded Christianity is a shortage of vision. Without a vision the people run wild (Prov. 29:18) . God today is recovering the vision of His eternal purpose as a governing goal of building up His church for the coming of His kingdom. You may read something about this below.

www.lordsrecovery.org

From what I've seen, this is his position in a nutshell and has been for some time. What you posted regarding being "born again", for example, shows nothing to refute his position.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIRTH either in the natural OR in the spiritual realm is not an end in itself. BIRTH is for growth, maturation and maturity. To be BORN in any regard is the beginning of a developing life.

So I agree that some criticism should be voiced to the attitude that to be BORN AGAIN is the only destination of the Gospel. That is as if the be BORN AGAIN is to get one's ticket reading "Admit One" and that is all God wants.

But denying regeneration through faith is not the answer.
Much rather a deeper appreciation of why we are reborn and exactly what has happened to us in being reborn according to the NT. Another life has been implarted into our life.

This Person is Christ the key to our victory in every regard.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Commenting on this:

It is clear that there are many Christians who do not like some of the teachings of Jesus.

I don't think anyone, unbeliever or Christian always "likes" the teaching of Jesus. This is especially try when the Holy Spirit [b]specifically
convicts someone in a certain personal area of their life.
...[text shortened]... really LIKES all the teaching of Jesus, probably doesn't have much experience in knowing Jesus.[/b]
Of the 7,000,000,000 people in the world, nobody likes Christ's teachings? Or are you just extrapolating your own weaknesses on the rest of the world? Maybe you can just let Christ judge people.

The reason why you need to judge others and who they are and what they do is that you and your OSAS people have preemptively grabbed at eternal life by taking the most lenient interpretation of scripture possible ie

profess your faith with your mouth and you are saved eternally

Then you add to that more false doctrines .. I mean you already have one falsity why stop there :
- not even God can take away my eternal life FALSE
- I have eternal life now - FALSE
- I dont have to obey Christ commandments - FALSE
- all non- Christians are doomed to eternal torment - FALSE

The truth is Jesus is going to give eternal life to all who obey his commandments... and He alone knows who they are .. not you.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 15

In order to escape from these teachings they have developed an expression called the 'Administration of Grace' which effectively removes the teachings of Christ from their required beliefs and focus only on Pauls teachings that grace alone through faith as the only requirement for eternal life.

Where to start ? The expression "The Adm ...[text shortened]... ded.

We cannot blame the epistles of Paul for abuses of any term "administration of grace."
Who is blaming Paul? Can you not read?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 15

Nothing else is required and these Christians claim to have eternal life immediately upon professing their faith.

So what is wrong with being confirmed that you have eternal life upon putting your faith in Jesus? Nothing is wrong with it at all. If some Christians STOP growing right there, that is not the fault of the New Testament or or ...[text shortened]... believer should go on from MILK to MEAT in teaching, the answer is not to deny that MILK exists.
Who is blaming the New Testament or Paul. Can you not read?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Thanks for taking the trouble to make that point to KJ. I did not have the strength to do it myself.
You don't have issue one telling other people what you think of them and their views on
faith, don't know why I'm so special.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
You don't have issue one telling other people what you think of them and their views on
faith, don't know why I'm so special.
Yes you are special .. OK? 🙂 Care to move on ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Yes you are special .. OK? 🙂 Care to move on ?
Sure

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
Rajk999 is a Christian and he's made a case that is better than yours. That's all my initial comment refers to. sonship ~ and others like him ~ present a formula for "salvation" which only involves [b]thinking certain things. Rajk999 has presented a persuasive argument that "salvation" is also possible if people are doing the things Jesus said he wants people to do.[/b]
And you are tragically wrong, again.

Rajk is a hypocrite of the highest caliber.

So I can see why you present him as a Christian who's 'got it right'. Because he doesn't.

Do you get a little trophy for every Christian you turn from the faith?

F

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
So I can see why you present him as a Christian who's 'got it right'. Because he doesn't.
I said he's made a better case that you have. This is not me trying to "present him".

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
By the way, if you're intending to use this retort over and over and over and over again, please note that all it means to me is that you are feeling insecure about some inconsistency or incoherence in whatever stuff you are claiming to be true.
Since you obviously are going to use this retort over and over again, I should point out that it is clearly a non sequitur. I know you like to paint everything you disagree with as "inconsistent" or "incoherent", but that does not make it so. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
What a kick in the face this bizarre ideology represents for people who live morally sound lives but are then supposedly tortured for eternity for a single thoughtcrime. So it isn't about being a good person or living a good life like Jesus reportedly urged people to do, it's about a mere momentary thought... a "blink of an eye", you say? Well, if it helps you cope with life to tell yourself this ideology is coherent, good for you. 🙂
Is your love for your children merely a "momentary thought"? Same exact category of thought here. Perhaps you should maybe think before you type, once in a while.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Sep 15

Originally posted by FMF
So if good and bad don't matter, how does the option of resorting to "a blink of an eye" in the very last moments of life ~ and thus gain "salvation" ~ promote morally sound living throughout one's life? And if good and bad doesn't matter, and the objective is not to promote morally sound living throughout one's life, what is the purpose of your religion?
Missing the entire point, as usual.

F

Moves
18 Sep 15

Do you get a little trophy for every Christian you turn from the faith?
Who have I ever "turned from the faith"? I cannot think of one instance ever in my life. Not ever. So what is this "little trophy" are you referring to? Why do you sound so desperately brittle and insecure so often when you post?

F

Moves
18 Sep 15

Missing the entire point, as usual.
Suzianne's stock Deflect & Dismiss #5. 😉