Richard Dawkins Questions a Schoolboy in Texas

Richard Dawkins Questions a Schoolboy in Texas

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
20 Sep 15
4 edits

w

Moves
20 Sep 15

The boy built an alarm clock?

Obama says he didn't build that. 😛

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
20 Sep 15
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Lets all come running to criticise the security people because they were cautions about what looked like a bomb.

Considering Islamic suicide bombers of all ages and sex kill indiscriminately,........then the security personal should take all precaution's.( ALL THE TIME)

Point in any direction at any time of the day, and there is a Muslim bombing and murdering or torturing or raping or kidnapping or thieving or decapitating a person.

Every second, 5 people are victims of Islamic violence.

The blood is flowing and you say Richard Dawkins has Islamophobia.

How utterly absurd.

Hatred of Islam has a cause.

That cause is the Ugliness and the disgusting violence of Islam...........for the sake of Islam.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 15
1 edit

The boy may be too young and inexperienced to be faulted for the religion of his parents. It is also nice that he learned how to build a digital clock, but there is nothing really exceptional about that.

What he is being faulted with is not getting permission from his teacher to do what he did and suddenly surprising his teacher with something he should have known would be looked upon with suspicion. It looked something like a suitcase time bomb.

Airsoft Mock Suitcase Time Bomb

Airsoft Briefcase Time Bomb Prop

F

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by Dasa
Every second, 5 people are victims of Islamic violence..
Are you sure it's not 8 or 9 people, or that it's every half-second?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Are you sure it's not 8 or 9 people, or that it's every half-second?
I believe Dasa is just being conservative. 😏

Cape Town

Moves
21 Sep 15

Do you have anything to say about what Dawkins said other than the comment about his supposed prior reputation of Islamophobia? I see nothing Islamophobic in Dawkins' comments.
If the video he linked shows the actual device the boy presented then the video is correct that it was not an invention but merely an alarm clock ripped out of its box and placed in a new case. Why the boy did that we have no idea. And I agree with Dawkins that he should not have been arrested.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
Do you have anything to say about what Dawkins said other than the comment about his supposed prior reputation of Islamophobia? I see nothing Islamophobic in Dawkins' comments.
If the video he linked shows the actual device the boy presented then the video is correct that it was not an invention but merely an alarm clock ripped out of its box and placed ...[text shortened]... he boy did that we have no idea. And I agree with Dawkins that he should not have been arrested.
My wife said the boy did it on purpose to scare his teacher. Look at that big grin on his face.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
My wife said the boy did it on purpose to scare his teacher. Look at that big grin on his face.
Your wife is just speculating.
It remains the case that:
1. He should not have been arrested.
2. The teachers were pretty dumb if they genuinely got scared.

If the boy did do it to scare his teacher then it suggests a rather phobic atmosphere at the school.

If my son or a Muslim boy took a device like that to school here in SA I doubt any of his teachers would think it was a bomb. (and there are plenty of Muslims at my sons School.)

D

Moves
21 Sep 15
1 edit

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
21 Sep 15

Dawkins may have put out Islamophobia statements but why is it a big deal he is putting down Islam? What is the difference an atheist puts down Christianity and Islam equally? I am certainly no friend of organised religions but it IS Islam extremists beheading and killing school boys. I don't know of any Christians in this century doing that, I imagine there was a lot of that by Christians in the Crusades and maybe the witch hunts.

So if someone attacks Islam because of extremists is there any difference in attacking extremist Christians?

Isn't it in both the Quran and the bible where 'God' commands death of enemies?

Isn't that right there in both scriptures? And if we say, we don't follow that anymore because we are Christians, but still go on killing like they did in Pakistan against Hindu's, are we wrong in blaming the religion itself?

D

Moves
21 Sep 15
4 edits

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 15
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Your wife is just speculating.
It remains the case that:
1. He should not have been arrested.
2. The teachers were pretty dumb if they genuinely got scared.

If the boy did do it to scare his teacher then it suggests a rather phobic atmosphere at the school.

If my son or a Muslim boy took a device like that to school here in SA I doubt any of his teachers would think it was a bomb. (and there are plenty of Muslims at my sons School.)
1. He should have been arrested because there was probable cause and evidence - the fake briefcase time-bomb.

2. The teachers should have gotten scared for the safety of all the children, especially, since it looked like a briefcase time-bomb. A believe many parents would have been upset with the teachers, if it blew up and injured or killed their childern. Perhaps not you.

As the police spokesman said It is better to be safe than sorry.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Sep 15

Richard Dawkins should demonizes Islam and Muslims much more harshly than he attacks Christianity and Christians or Judaism and the Jews, because it is Islam and Muslims that are doing most of the evil in the world today.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Richard Dawkins should demonizes Islam and Muslims much more harshly than he attacks Christianity and Christians or Judaism and the Jews, because it is Islam and Muslims that are doing most of the evil in the world today.
I guess it is not evil when Christians are attacking Hindu's in India. As we speak.