Richard Dawkins Questions a Schoolboy in Texas

Richard Dawkins Questions a Schoolboy in Texas

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I didn't know about the full extent of the Dawkins rants. What political ramifications would there be for someone like Dawkins if he in fact demonized Christians like he does Islam? Do you think the right wing Republicans in congress would say, pull his passport or something like that? Why couldn't he get away with being as anti-Christian as he is anti-Islam?

I get that you don't like Dawkins, who are your favorite atheists? You did make me look at Dawkins in a different light. I think you admire GBS?

D

Moves
25 Sep 15
2 edits

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Oct 15

I admit not knowing that much about Dawkins, I have said before, I have a very long commute and am at work or on the job 12 to 14 hours a day and don't have the time for deep study like you do. I don't like ANY religion, I think I have said that before and will say it again. I would like to go to a planet where people are civilized and that sure is not Earth. Humans will never become truly civilized until they shuck the sham of religion.

D

Moves
02 Oct 15

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Oct 15

I guess the phrase 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' doesn't hold here. What do you think of Dawkin's books like 'the god delusion' and such?

Z

Moves
05 Oct 15

Originally posted by Dasa
Lets all come running to criticise the security people because they were cautions about what looked like a bomb.

Considering Islamic suicide bombers of all ages and sex kill indiscriminately,........then the security personal should take all precaution's.( ALL THE TIME)

Point in any direction at any time of the day, and there is a Muslim bombing and murde ...[text shortened]... That cause is the Ugliness and the disgusting violence of Islam...........for the sake of Islam.
there is a thread right now about muslim murdered by hindus. it seems muslims don't have a monopoly on violence as you claim, something further reinforced by googling

D

Moves
05 Oct 15
2 edits

D

Moves
05 Oct 15
1 edit

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 15

Yes, there are atheists and then there are atheists, I guess that answers THAT question🙂

D

Moves
06 Oct 15

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 15

I'll give it a read. Thanks. Sounds like the 21st century version of what president Eisenhower talked about, the military industrial complex: This from his farewell speech in 1961:

"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction...

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence — economic, political, even spiritual — is felt in every city, every statehouse, every office of the federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society. In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military–industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist. We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 15

I ordered it. He has a much more expensive volume, "the psychology of terrorism' and it costs $75, but Islamophobia is just $16. Why the disparity?

D

Moves
07 Oct 15
2 edits

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Oct 15

I didn't realize the expensive book was academic, I thought it was mass market and that expensive because it was hard bound.

My life is totally immersed in scientific instrumentation and such, don't get much academic time🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Oct 15

Lennox Vs. Dawkins Debate - Has Science Buried God?

Poor Richard Dawkins. I guess the liberal strain in me feels for the underdog.