RFID Chips ?

RFID Chips ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
19 Jan 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I come from Zambia, a very poor nation. As far as I am concerned you probably don't know what real poverty is. Go there some time and find out.
But even there, people have always been poor. Its nothing new. When I was in school, many of my classmates did not eat lunch because they couldn't afford to. This is still the case for many.

AIDS has hit us ha ...[text shortened]... because you want to see signs in the Bible?
Why are you so desperate for the end times?
Lol, i do not know what real poverty is? Wow, i am surprised that you know me this well, heck, it almost feels like you grew up with me...or not!

Dont you see the obvious? How can people be better off if the economy is slowly going down. Yes they are better off now, but in the end this effects the whole country...are we better off then? No.

I don't want to see the signs the Bible and want them to happen right now, that is your own assumption. I am just saying that the prophecies in the Bible are indicating the world is making itself ready for the end. This could take years for it to become ready, even decades or maybe it is already. I do not know this for a fact exactly where we are with according the Biblical prophecies and even if i do say it will only be my personal opinion.

Why am i desperate for the end times? It's because the world is making itself ready for the end times, and scriptures in the Bible that are centuries old has predicted these times we are experiencing, and the more people that can see this , the more people will realise the Bible is accurate and contains truth and that it is not to late to believe in God.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
19 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
??

There have been some here who have lumped me in with the fundamentalists for believing much the same thing as Nicksten here, specifically about the end times.
Well what do you believe?

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jan 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
Dont you see the obvious? How can people be better off if the economy is slowly going down.
Its basic economics. If the economy is not in recession, then on average, people are better off. A slow down is not a recession.

Yes they are better off now, but in the end this effects the whole country...are we better off then? No.
Now you are trying to cheat. You are trying to compare how well off we are to some hypothetical scenario where there is 10 digit growth and then concluding that we are worse off than if we had that 10 digit growth. But that is not worse off than before, it is worse off than your imagined rosy future.
The Bible does not say "people will feel short changed because they think they could have had a better economy".

I don't want to see the signs the Bible and want them to happen right now, that is your own assumption. I am just saying that the prophecies in the Bible are indicating the world is making itself ready for the end.
But they are not indicating that. It is patently obvious that you are so desperate to see the signs that you are willing to go to ridiculous lengths to see them. So what is your motivation?

Why am i desperate for the end times? It's because the world is making itself ready for the end times, and scriptures in the Bible that are centuries old has predicted these times we are experiencing, and the more people that can see this , the more people will realise the Bible is accurate and contains truth and that it is not to late to believe in God.
So its really all about trying to win converts, by demonstrating the factuality of the Bible? Well you are doing a really shoddy job. So far the Bible is looking worse off due to your attempts.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
19 Jan 12

Its basic economics. If the economy is not in recession, then on average, people are better off. A slow down is not a recession.

[b]Yes they are better off now, but in the end this effects the whole country...are we better off then? No.

Now you are trying to cheat. You are trying to compare how well off we are to some hypothetical scenario where t ...[text shortened]... u are doing a really shoddy job. So far the Bible is looking worse off due to your attempts.[/b]
Basic economics may state that on paper, but in reality this is not the truth.

The Bible does not say "people will feel short changed because they think they could have had a better economy".
Who ever said this?? You did, not me.

But they are not indicating that. It is patently obvious that you are so desperate to see the signs that you are willing to go to ridiculous lengths to see them. So what is your motivation?
Nothing, I am not desperate to see the signs, nor am I going the length to see them. The signs are recorded in the Bible and some of the prophecies matches that of what is happening in our lives today. I just see it, cause it is there. This is my opinion and you don't have to agree with me.

So its really all about trying to win converts, by demonstrating the factuality of the Bible? Well you are doing a really shoddy job. So far the Bible is looking worse off due to your attempts.
LOL, the things you are assuming. The Bible is only looking worse off cause you never did believe it to be other wise in the first place. You're the skeptical one and even if I did have proof, you would still be too skeptical to belief that.

Cape Town

Moves
19 Jan 12

Who ever said this?? You did, not me.
I mistakenly thought you said the economies growth was slowing down. Having re-read your post, I think see was mistaken.
However, I dispute your claim that the economy is retracting. People on average, in South Africa, are getting richer. I know you don't think so, but can you provide even a hint of statistics to support the contrary?

Nothing, I am not desperate to see the signs, nor am I going the length to see them. The signs are recorded in the Bible and some of the prophecies matches that of what is happening in our lives today. I just see it, cause it is there. This is my opinion and you don't have to agree with me.
The only sign you have been able to point to is an increase in poverty, which although we could debate for some countries such as South Africa, is decidedly untrue for the world as a whole. China for example is experiencing massive growth.

LOL, the things you are assuming. The Bible is only looking worse off cause you never did believe it to be other wise in the first place. You're the skeptical one and even if I did have proof, you would still be too skeptical to belief that.
Now you are loosing track of your argument. You wished to show unbelievers that the Bible is true. Now you are basically saying that your evidence is only valid for believers.
And no, I am not sceptical because I don't believe the Bible, I am sceptical because I don't see any evidence in the world today of the 'signs' that you have mentioned that are in the Bible. In fact, some of them are decidedly absent and you admit as such.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
19 Jan 12

I mistakenly thought you said the economies growth was slowing down. Having re-read your post, I think see was mistaken.
However, I dispute your claim that the economy is retracting. People on average, in South Africa, are getting richer. I know you don't think so, but can you provide even a hint of statistics to support the contrary?

[b]Nothing, I am ...[text shortened]... that are in the Bible. In fact, some of them are decidedly absent and you admit as such.
I would guess that all countries are experiencing growth, especially China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_South_Africa

"Advanced development is significantly localised around four areas: i.e. Cape Town in the Western Cape, Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape, Durban in KwaZulu-Natal on the east coast, and Pretoria–Johannesburg in Gauteng Province. The latter province, although the smallest in land area of 17,010 square kilometres, accounts for 34% of the country's GDP and would it have been an independent territory, its economy would be larger than that of Morocco, Angola or Kenya.[7][10] Beyond these four economic centres, development is marginal and poverty is still prevalent. However, key marginal areas have experienced rapid growth since the advent of democracy in 1994."

Notice the poverty is still prevalent and if you read more on the link given you'll see that about a quarter of the population is unemployed and about the same proportion lives on less than US $1.25 a day. Also notice the big growth. We are rated the 3rd highest country for unemployment.

We have thousands of Zimbabweans and Botswana citizens coming into South Africa in search of better economic opportunities. There are genocide attacks here especially on these aliens coming over the borders. Not long ago we had farm workers murdering farm owners as they thought they could just take over the land and farm, some people just murdered the farm owners without even stealing a thing, but little did these murderers know just how that would impact the economy. I mean kill 5 farmers and about a 1000 (I assume) people are without jobs, why, because the farm owner has the credit with the bank, not them farm workers.

We have people believing raping a baby will cure AIDS, and these same people are working in our Government. This was off the topic, but the fact is, South Africa is driving towards disaster, we can see it, but the statistics never tell the real truth. There is a saying that the grass looks greener on the other side, but only because there is more poop.

Hope this gives some insight.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
19 Jan 12

Well if you act like a kid - you're a kid
If you act like a wacko - you're a wacko
If you act like a pig - you're a pig...
I can go on with a list here but I think you get the picture.

LemonJello and I have never argued on a thing. His personal critics from the start was childlike hence the reason why I call him a kid. Well at least I think LemonJello ...[text shortened]... his remarks:

His profile:
"Finishing my games, leaving the site. It's been fun."
Is Lemon Jello leaving? Spewin' ! He was a good poster. I often had no reply to his well made points.
See ya LJ.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
My vote has always been for Jesus and what he offers. And there have always been so called Christians in politics have there not? And you think they've really made a differance? Lol.
No, I haven't made much difference. But if it were not for so many
people like you that check=out of any part of the world they don't
like, then some difference might be made.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jan 12

.... we can see it, but the statistics never tell the real truth. .....
Actually, only you can see it. What I am wondering, is how you see it without statistics? What method for 'seeing' do you have that is more reliable than statistics? Do you pray, and God tells you how much poverty there is?

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
20 Jan 12
2 edits

Actually, only you can see it. What I am wondering, is how you see it without statistics? What method for 'seeing' do you have that is more reliable than statistics? Do you pray, and God tells you how much poverty there is?
twhitehead, we see the local news and local news papers and local community websites that talk about this everyday. So who are you to tell me only I can see this if millions of South Africans are seeing and complaining daily about poverty, unemployment and people with money leaving the country?? Now you prove to me this is not the case? Prove not only to me, but to millions of other South Africans that YOU (also living in South Africa) are saying this aint the real truth. It may seem you are like every other tourist that claims nothing is wrong with the country. Looks to me you are totally blind.

Also, if I give you false statistics, with your own words, "What method for 'seeing' do you have that is more reliable than statistics?", this means you will believe any statistics given to you cause what could be more reliable. Statistics aren't near correct with figures with regards to poverty, growth, crime, HIV status and deceases etc (note the things mentioned here are not limited to just those). Our government is so corrupt (you know this), our statistics aren't correct (you know this), and I want to see you even try and prove me wrong? Fellow South African, prove to us all you are right and I am wrong?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jan 12

twhitehead, we see the local news and local news papers and local community websites that talk about this everyday. So who are you to tell me only I can see this if millions of South Africans are seeing and complaining daily about poverty, unemployment and people with money leaving the country?? Now you prove to me this is not the case? Prove not only to me ...[text shortened]... ry and prove me wrong? Fellow South African, prove to us all you are right and I am wrong?
Not only that but statistics lag the real world because of delays in reporting (even if the government is not corrupt). If the statistics say there are X cases of Y, you can bet there are now realistically more than that.

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jan 12

twhitehead, we see the local news and local news papers and local community websites that talk about this everyday. So who are you to tell me only I can see this if millions of South Africans are seeing and complaining daily about poverty, unemployment and people with money leaving the country??
You have interviewed millions of South Africans, but you didn't use statistics? You are being more and more illogical as the thread progresses.

Now you prove to me this is not the case?
I don't need to. The statistics (by your own admission) contradict your position. It is you making the extraordinary claim, it is you that has the burden of proof.

Prove not only to me, but to millions of other South Africans that YOU (also living in South Africa) are saying this aint the real truth.
Why must I prove it to millions of South Africans? They haven't made any such claims.

It may seem you are like every other tourist that claims nothing is wrong with the country. Looks to me you are totally blind.
Did I say nothing was wrong with the country? When? It seems you are loosing track of the thread.
What I said is that the people in the country are better off than in the past. Are you saying that they were better in 1980 under apartheid?

Cape Town

Moves
20 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Not only that but statistics lag the real world because of delays in reporting (even if the government is not corrupt). If the statistics say there are X cases of Y, you can bet there are now realistically more than that.
That only makes sense if you have already proven (via statistics I suppose) that there is a downward trend. In many countries crime is decreasing, so if statistics say there are X cases of Y crime then there are probably realistically less than that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
20 Jan 12

That only makes sense if you have already proven (via statistics I suppose) that there is a downward trend. In many countries crime is decreasing, so if statistics say there are X cases of Y crime then there are probably realistically less than that.
I'm sorry, decreasing/increasing... I wasn't paying attention to exactly what statistics you were talking about. But statistics are statistics. With an increase in population, one can realistically expect everything to increase. Unless maybe your statistics encompass something on a per capita basis.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 Jan 12

I still don't think you understand the technology. RFID chips are not a good solution for tracking people. Currently, cellphones are the best way to track people - and probably far more effective at that job than you probably realize. Here in SA, it is now a legal requirement that you mast prove your identity and address before purchasing a SIM card. This ...[text shortened]... phones are there and who registered them. RFID chips cant do that. They don't work that way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification

I do understand the technology. I agree with the cell phones also although my phone is on a CDMA network no SIM Card there are apps that I can put on my phone another's phone and then we can see each other track each other if you will. They call them family locators. I disagree in the sense that a cell phone as small as they have become is still bulky. I want to track a neighbor oh ok I'll attach a cell phone to his car then I can track him? Sure but not practical. Now embed a very small chip in his tire or in the upholstery much better. Although I guess if it's passive you have to get close. I however understand the concept.

Manny