Relationship with a computer.

Relationship with a computer.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O

Moves
09 Mar 15

Given that progressively more people are conducting relationships on line, and computer programs are becoming increasingly more sophisticated, might there come a time when a relationship with a positively(supportive,creative non judgemental etc) programmed computer personality would be better for the human partner than a negative (judgemental,critical etc) "real" person?.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by OdBod
Given that progressively more people are conducting relationships on line, and computer programs are becoming increasingly more sophisticated, might there come a time when a relationship with a positively(supportive,creative non judgemental etc) programmed computer personality would be better for the human partner than a negative (judgemental,critical etc) "real" person?.
How can you grow and mature with no one correcting you?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
09 Mar 15

They aren't very cuddly. The tendency to be judgemental may be an important part of the relationship. If the machine is programmed to always be nice, it's of no great value when it is.

D

Moves
09 Mar 15

Moves
09 Mar 15

Everyone go watch "Her" and then come back...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by RBHILL
How can you grow and mature with no one correcting you?
How can you grow and mature with someone correcting you?

O

Moves
09 Mar 15

I think you guys are probably right, a certain amount of judgement and criticism may be required for personal growth. What do you think to the idea that these characteristics could be tailored to the sensibilities of the human partner. Also such criticism would not arise from ulterior motives and ego.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 15

Did you see the 2013 movie Her?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Everyone go watch "Her" and then come back...

Wow, scooped. Very good, GF.

O

Moves
09 Mar 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Did you see the 2013 movie Her?

No, but I got the general idea of it and from HAL in 2001 and other sources. There have been lots of films/literature on the subject, I'm just wondering where it might lead us.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Mar 15

No, but I got the general idea of it and from HAL in 2001 and other sources. There have been lots of films/literature on the subject, I'm just wondering where it might lead us.
Assuming the same explosive growth in knowledge as we have seen in the last 100 years, maybe 200 years from now computers will be androids with totally human bodies and you just order what you want, woman, man, intellectual, physical, whatever.

D

Moves
10 Mar 15
2 edits

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
10 Mar 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
How can you grow and mature with someone correcting you?
If you keep touching the oven without someone telling you not to you keep doing it.

Infidel

Moves
10 Mar 15

Originally posted by RBHILL
If you keep touching the oven without someone telling you not to you keep doing it.
???

You do???

Cape Town

Moves
10 Mar 15

Sorry, your too late, its already happening:
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24614830

I have also seen it an a documentary. I'll have to look for it.