Power Of Prayer

Power Of Prayer

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the server? the entire internet would suffer a meltdown! it would be like the biggest DDos attack of all time as the servers tried to relay all the information.

(btw you want someone you know. . . 'ethically' hacked?? 1200 pounds seals the deal)
So now you're out in the open? Not even trying to cover your tracks because you figure you can always have the thread removed if the things you say turn embarrassing for you? Might be a little tougher to get him banned though, so you probably can't even count on that to cover you.

rc

Moves
11 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
So now you're out in the open? Not even trying to cover your tracks because you figure you can always have the thread removed if the things you say turn embarrassing for you? Might be a little tougher to get him banned though, so you probably can't even count on that to cover you.
my dear old thing you need to loosen up, you are too stiff, too uptight, you need to relax.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The difficulty I have with 'healing by prayer' is the apparent inconsistency in these prayers being answered. Even if one puts it down to faith, there are millions of faithful out there who have prayed to no avail.

I don't expect you, or anyone, to provide an explanation as to why this is the case, but i do struggle to reconcile an all loving God ...[text shortened]... s true, we appear to have a very arbitrary God on our hands when it comes to answering prayers).
Well, let's face it, some people deserve to have their prayers answered and some don't. It's totally God's call, and you can't know the entire story. And then you have people claiming all sorts of things, which may or may not be true. I wouldn't lay the problem at God's feet.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 May 16

my dear old thing you need to loosen up, you are too stiff, too uptight, you need to relax.
And what is that supposed to mean? Do you make a habit of telling girls to "loosen up"?

rc

Moves
11 May 16
1 edit

And what is that supposed to mean? Do you make a habit of telling girls to "loosen up"?
I make a habit of telling all stressed out people I meet to relax. Its interesting that even in the innocuous process of telling you to relax you fabricate a moralistic slant. Its the most curious phenomena.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 May 16

Well, let's face it, some people deserve to have their prayers answered and some don't. It's totally God's call, and you can't know the entire story. And then you have people claiming all sorts of things, which may or may not be true. I wouldn't lay the problem at God's feet.
Just to clarify, God has feet?

rc

Moves
11 May 16

Ghost you are some kind of a quack right? Is there any known phenomena where people have difficulty viewing the world, life, existence call it what you will outside the realm of morality. A condition where everything takes on a moral perspective?

F

Moves
11 May 16

A condition where everything takes on a moral perspective?
Surely every aspect of the way one lives life should be seen through a moral perspective?

rc

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Surely every aspect of the way one lives life should be seen through a moral perspective?
Really? What morality do you find present when drinking a cup of tea?

F

Moves
11 May 16

Morality governs interactions between people.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 May 16

'In Chinese tea lore, philosophy, ethics and morality are blended into tea activity. People cultivate their morality and mind, and savor life through tasting tea, thereby attaining joy of spirit.'

chinahighlights.com

rc

Moves
11 May 16

'In Chinese tea lore, philosophy, ethics and morality are blended into tea activity. People cultivate their morality and mind, and savor life through tasting tea, thereby attaining joy of spirit.'

chinahighlights.com
I see, the next time I'm on a building site and some bricky asks for milk and two sugars ill tell him that. Perhaps he will sit and philosophise, cultivate his morality and his mind rather than think about whether he's having sausage and chips or fish an chips for dinner!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 May 16

cubits

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 May 16

Originally posted by divegeester
cubits
Google isn't very forthcoming with cubits jokes.

😞

F

Moves
11 May 16
1 edit

Is there any known phenomena where people have difficulty viewing the world, life, existence call it what you will outside the realm of morality. A condition where everything takes on a moral perspective?
What's wrong with "viewing the world, life, existence call it what you will" from stances that are within "the realm of morality" ~ that is to say, from a moral perspective? I have asked you this question several times and you dodge it every single time.