Pope Francis: Hell Does Exist & It Makes Fake News

Pope Francis: Hell Does Exist & It Makes Fake News

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 Apr 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Have you ever wondered why he talks to a limited slice of humanity?
You have it backwards. It's a limited slice of humanity that listens.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 Apr 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
And you are one hateful piece of work.

Are you now conflating the 'left' with atheism? Why?
Why don’t you ever defend the integrity of the Lord by attacking this horrible doctrine of eternal torture?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Apr 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Why don’t you ever defend the integrity of the Lord by attacking this horrible doctrine of eternal torture?
To do that, you’d have to have knowledge of the spiritual realm AND lack trust in the judgment of an omniscient and completely holy God. You’d also have to have a thorough knowledge of the Scriptures and know that what you’re describing is in fact what happens in the way you think or are implying.

mlb62

Moves
28 Apr 18

Is it true that ONLY the catholic faith believes there is no leaving hell.. Other religions let you earn your way out..

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
28 Apr 18

Originally posted by @ogb
Is it true that ONLY the catholic faith believes there is no leaving hell.. Other religions let you earn your way out..
No.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
16 May 18
5 edits

Originally posted by @rajk999
Eternal torment
Eternal damnation
Eternal punishment

Are those three things the same?
I love this game! I don't mean about religion, I mean about words. Let me try here:

Eternal is forever, that was easy.
Torment is personal, what you feel. (And it hurts!)
Damnation comes from the community. Rubbing it in I guess.
Punishment is supposed to be measured, thought out, with a good goal in mind. I want us on the same page, kid. If otherwise then just kill.

Moves
16 May 18

I understand what Philokalia is saying regarding Assad.

Even as I understand how evil and distasteful Assad is: I also know that another failed state in the region is the LAST thing thew world needs right now.

Much better to poach an egg with simmering water than shredding it at a rolling boil.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Wait, what you mean is "why don't you ever defend ME by attacking this horrible doctrine?", dont you? Isn't that exactly why YOU attack people who hold the doctrine? Because they dare disagree with YOU? My, how humble.

F

Moves
17 May 18

Wait, what you mean is "why don't you ever defend ME by attacking this horrible doctrine?", dont you? Isn't that exactly why YOU attack people who hold the doctrine? Because they dare disagree with YOU? My, how humble.
Are you OK with your God being portrayed as a torturer god?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
17 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
There are people who actually think that Trump is good for America.

I don't listen to them, either.

Sometimes it's obvious when people don't know what they're talking about. That doesn't stop others from frothing at the mouth about it.

F

Moves
17 May 18

FMF: Are you OK with your God being portrayed as a torturer god?

Sometimes it's obvious when people don't know what they're talking about. That doesn't stop others from frothing at the mouth about it.
So what you mean is that sonship doesn't know what he is talking about so you don't listen to him, is that right?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 18
1 edit

So you object to the low unemployment, millions of new jobs, record tax revenue, potential nuclear-free Korean Peninsula, ISIS getting whooped like a red-headed stepchild, tax reductions, booming stock market and on and on?

Yeah, that’s all terrible for America.

🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 May 18

So what you mean is that sonship doesn't know what he is talking about so you don't listen to him, is that right?
Pitting believers against each other again?

F

Moves
17 May 18
1 edit

Is it really OK for you to use your partisan take on retail U.S. politics as an analogy of sorts for principled debate about differing perspectives on the very nature of your God on a Spirituality Forum?

S. Korea

Moves
18 May 18

This is a very old theme.

What do you think about portraying our God as hte God of cosmic justice?

Would you like to come up with a line of argument as to why that is inaccurate?