Pope Francis: Hell Does Exist & It Makes Fake News

Pope Francis: Hell Does Exist & It Makes Fake News

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Apr 18

So, it looks like the 'hell does not exist' debacle is over -- and it comes with another interesting perspective. Pope Francis sometimes feels like he's going a bit far to the left and then he likes to promptly clarify that it is not quite like that. I think we are experiencing major issues with how things are being reported to us -- sometimes it benefits a left wing perspective ('hell does not exist' and all of the alleged reforms we would see about LGBTQ and the Catholic church), and other times it involves a very right wign bias -- e.g., the jingoism to invade Syria, which has just been like a kick in the face to me these last days.

"Pope Francis has released a new document in which he discussed the devil and fake news, over a week after a controversial article suggested he denied the existence of hell.

"The reformist pontiff released a 98-page exhortation Monday titled Gaudete et Exsultate ("Rejoice and Be Glad"😉 in which he mentions the devil some 14 times, warning readers to "not think of the devil as a myth, a representation, a symbol, a figure of speech or an idea." He cautioned followers to guard against the devil's temptations, which may arise in times of anger or weakness, including while writing or sharing information on the Internet."

http://www.newsweek.com/devil-real-pope-francis-says-fake-news-hell-which-does-exist-879653

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Apr 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
So, it looks like the 'hell does not exist' debacle is over -- and it comes with another interesting perspective. Pope Francis sometimes feels like he's going a bit far to the left and then he likes to promptly clarify that it is not quite like that. I think we are experiencing major issues with how things are being reported to us -- sometimes it benefit ...[text shortened]... ]

http://www.newsweek.com/devil-real-pope-francis-says-fake-news-hell-which-does-exist-879653
Whether hell exists or not has nothing to do with the Pope.
It is all about what Jesus says in the Bible.
Jesus says hell does exist .. end of story.
Fools can yap all they want it is like the wind blowing
I will add that eternal torment in hell for people is a fabrication of the Catholic Church
it is not in the bible.

Why is invading Syria a kick in your face?

S. Korea

Moves
15 Apr 18

(1) It is relevant because there was a celebratory thread about how the Pope denied the existence of hell not too long back.

(2) You are also right that, technically, it does have nothing at all to do with the opinion of any temporal authority on Earth.

(3) I generally support Assad. Not because I believe that Assad is an impeccable and aamazing leader, but because I think there is no way that we can improve the nation. I think tha a war to overthrow Assad would only result in further destabilization and no real improvement of the lives of the people who live there.

I also think that the gas attacks may be fabricated entirely.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Apr 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Whether hell exists or not has nothing to do with the Pope.
It is all about what Jesus says in the Bible....
Well, no. Reality doesn't have to conform with utterances.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Apr 18

(1) It is relevant because there was a celebratory thread about how the Pope denied the existence of hell not too long back.

(2) You are also right that, technically, it does have nothing at all to do with the opinion of any temporal authority on Earth.

(3) I generally support Assad. Not because I believe that Assad is an impeccable and aamazing ...[text shortened]... of the people who live there.

You mean this civil war which resulted in about 500,000 deaths is ok with you .. I mean let it continue because Assad is your pal ...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Apr 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Well, no. Reality doesn't have to conform with utterances.
Reality conforms when the utterances are from God Almighty.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @philokalia...
philokalia, ok, now I know another person not good at understanding reality.

People were gassed, buddy.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Reality conforms when the utterances are from God Almighty.
So you agree your god is responsible for all evil that exists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Apr 18

No, I don’t. Evil came into existence through rebellion against God by entities that had free will.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Apr 18

And He’s your God too, whether you believe it or not and whether you like it or not.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 18

So, it looks like the 'hell does not exist' debacle is over -- and it comes with another interesting perspective. Pope Francis sometimes feels like he's going a bit far to the left and then he likes to promptly clarify that it is not quite like that. I think we are experiencing major issues with how things are being reported to us -- sometimes it benefit ...[text shortened]... ]

Well...sonship will be relieved.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 18
1 edit

(3) I generally support Assad. Not because I believe that Assad is an impeccable and aamazing ...[text shortened]... of the people who live there.

😞

A racist and an support of Assad.

Probalby a holocaust denier too.

S. Korea

Moves
15 Apr 18
2 edits

Haha, I would have thought that people here would have at least hated on Syrian intervention just so that they coul dhate on Trump more.

I am kind of impressed by the loyalty you guys have to whatever principles you are aligned with.

Yeah, so tell me how you guys are going to fix Syria by dipping it into another decade of total chaos by beginning to fight the government while they are finally winning and peace is in sight.

_+ @Divegeester, I have no idea where you get off suggesting my support for Assad and my 'racism" mean I would deny the Holocaust.

That's REALLY low and REALLY distasteful.

I resent that.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Apr 18

Haha, I would have thought that people here would have at least hated on Syrian intervention just so that they coul dhate on Trump more.

I am kind of impressed by the loyalty you guys have to whatever principles you are aligned with.

Yeah, so tell me how you guys are going to fix Syria by dipping it into another decade of total chaos by beginning ...[text shortened]... ean I would deny the Holocaust.

I resent that.
Blatant racist (just read you in debates forum) + supporter of genocidal megalomanic (Assad) + war crimes denier (your comment about the gassing)

It’s not a long journey Jacob.

But tell me then, do you accept that the Nazi holocaust occurred as is reported in history?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Apr 18
1 edit

Yeah, so tell me how you guys are going to fix Syria by dipping it into another decade of total chaos by beginning ...[text shortened]... ean I would deny the Holocaust.

I resent that.
Who said anyone is going to fix Syria?