Philosophy

Philosophy

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
[youtube]oTJGrGAa_wg[/youtube]

"When you think about it, thinking about thinking is the hardest sort of thinking there is. Which makes you think."

Is there a grain of truth in this?
Thinking about the root of anything is difficult, Fred.

F

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
Thinking about the root of anything is difficult, Fred.
Who is "Fred"?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @vivify
Metacognition (awareness of thought process) isn't difficult but it is work; just like doing chores around the house. A house gets messy not because the work is too hard, but because you'd rather be doing something else. "Thinking about thinking" is similar.
Introspection is the awareness of thought process. Metacognition uses introspection to help reach conclusions about how thought processes work.

I like your point that housework is easy to do, and is also easy to put on a back burner. So the question is how important is a clean house to you?

How important is it to recognize when we aren't thinking good?

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 18

Who is "Fred"?
What are you a fred of here?

F

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @apathist
What are you a fred of here?
Just curious about the kind of 'banter' I am getting from a poster who claims incessantly to be "deep".

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 18

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 18

Just curious about the kind of 'banter' I am getting from a poster who claims incessantly to be "deep".
You legitimize that poster? I assume you did not intend to do so. Scrape the dog sht off of your shoes and keep walking. Where are you going?

(did pulling off an i satisfy the robot controller?)

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 18

(did pulling off an i satisfy the robot controller?)
Yes it did. Not sure what to say.

F

Moves
05 Jul 18
1 edit

You legitimize that poster? I assume you did not intend to do so. Scrape the dog sht off of your shoes and keep walking. Where are you going?
Philokalia is just as legitimate a poster as I am. I don't see him as "dog sht" on my show, but rather as a kind of far-right male ingenue regurgitating the smattering of nostrums that he's internalized and doing so earnestly and haughtily ~ lubricated with a bit of teenage-style exasperation and risible 'banter'. He doesn't seem to have walked even half a mile in any of the shoes of the kind of ordinary people he has such pretentious disdain for. 🙂

S. Korea

Moves
05 Jul 18

You know what... I believe that your name is not Fred, and I will not bother you about it, FMF.

I like the posts you just made here in response to Apathist.

Of course, I disagree with you, but hey... not bad.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
05 Jul 18

Originally posted by @philokalia
... I believe that your name is not Fred, ...
No one is named not fred. Maybe that should change. It's kinda cool and stupid at once.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Jul 18
1 edit

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
06 Jul 18

Introspection is the awareness of thought process. Metacognition uses introspection to help reach conclusions about how thought processes work.

I like your point that housework is easy to do, and is also easy to put on a back burner. So the question is how important is a clean house to you?

How important is it to recognize when we aren't thinking good?
As long as you know where everything is it shouldn't matter how clean your house looks to others.
However if you live with others one should be ready to compromise

Planet Rain

Moves
12 Jul 18
1 edit

[youtube]oTJGrGAa_wg[/youtube]

"When you think about it, thinking about thinking is the hardest sort of thinking there is. Which makes you think."

Is there a grain of truth in this?
What I find hard is to stop thinking, but it's the key to many forms of meditation. I've been practicing at meditating again in recent weeks, after dabbling in it for awhile about 2 years ago. Now I'm mixing in occasionally meditating with a wee bit o' cannabis, and have taken some interest in certain Eastern philosophies. Life is steering me to strange places...

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I believe the lyric is actually:

Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box
Religion is the smile on a dog
Arrgh, Ive been singing it wrong all these years!!!!