Personal Relationship with Jesus

Personal Relationship with Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Dec 12

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Sir F, your feigned innocence adds nothing. Your pool hall bank shot off Hinds' hind quarter is laughable. Idle and empty words all, for which one day you shall be held accountable. When that day comes (as most assuredly it will) please place a thick shingle in your dark brown colored pants.
-
Do you agree with what RJHinds has been saying these last couple of pages or disagree with it?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF

Do you agree with what RJHinds has been saying these last couple of pages or disagree with it?
Brown.

F

Moves
30 Dec 12
2 edits

Brown.
It's interesting how you're dodging this. You and RJHinds are similar in certain ways. Perhaps that's it.

Here's what he said:

Originally posted by RJHinds
I am not as good at offending the unbelievers as Jesus, but I enjoy trying to offend them so they despise me. Let them hate me, like Jesus was hated. Let them accuse me of all manner of evil for His sake. I hope to get approval and love from all believers for speaking out for the truth. But most of all I seek the approval from Christ Jesus, because I already know he loves me. !

You either endorse this kind of thing or you don't. He's either got "approval and love" from a "believer" like you, or he hasn't.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 12
1 edit

Via, Veritas, Vita (John 14:6)

F

Moves
30 Dec 12
1 edit

Via, Veritas, Vita (John 14:6)
Here we have RJHinds professing to have a personal relationship with Jesus that inspires him to try to get people to hate him "like Jesus was hated" and he's doing this to get the "love and approval" of fellow Christians. You're asked if he gets your "love and approval". And your response is what? Bizarre personal remarks about me "assuredly" dying one day, and how I will "be held accountable" for discussing RJHinds' posts with him in the way I have? All very peculiar. 😵

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 12

Dark Brown.

w

Moves
30 Dec 12

I am not as good at offending the unbelievers as Jesus, but I enjoy trying to offend them so they despise me. Let them hate me, like Jesus was hated. Let them accuse me of all manner of evil for His sake. I hope to get approval and love from all believers for speaking out for the truth. But most of all I seek the approval from Christ Jesus, because I already know he loves me.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
Jesus went around healing and giving people hope for the most part. He did not go around purposefully trying to offend people RJ. However, when they came a bit closer he made is clear that the source of this hope and healing should be their focus, which ultimately offended many.

After all, to say that you alone are the hope of humanity is offensive, unless you believe it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
30 Dec 12

Originally posted by whodey
Jesus went around healing and giving people hope for the most part. He did not go around purposefully trying to offend people RJ. However, when they came a bit closer he made is clear that the source of this hope and healing should be their focus, which ultimately offended many.

After all, to say that you alone are the hope of humanity is offensive, unless you believe it.
+10

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Dec 12

Originally posted by whodey

Apparently Jesus believed it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
It's interesting how you're dodging this. You and RJHinds are similar in certain ways. Perhaps that's it.

Here's what he said:

[b]I am not as good at offending the unbelievers as Jesus, but I enjoy trying to offend them so they despise me. Let them hate me, like Jesus was hated. Let them accuse me of all manner of ev ...[text shortened]... don't. He's either got "approval and love" from a "believer" like you, or he hasn't.
GB is a different person and does not have to do things in the same manner that I do. We Christians are not made from a cookie cutter that makes all of us the same.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Dec 12

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
(Matthew 5:11 KJV)

“And what happiness will be yours when people blame you and ill-treat you and say all kinds of slanderous things against you for my sake!"
(Matthew 5:11 Phillips New Testament)

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
(Luke 6:22 KJV)

“How happy you are when men hate you and turn you out of their company; when they slander you and detest all that you stand for because you are loyal to the Son of Man."
(Luke 6:22 Phillips New Testament)

F

Moves
30 Dec 12

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
(Matthew 5:11 KJV)

“And what happiness will be yours when people blame you and ill-treat you and say all kinds of slanderous things against you for my sake!"
(Matthew 5:11 Phillips New Testament)

Blessed are ye, when men sh ...[text shortened]... t you stand for because you are loyal to the Son of Man."
(Luke 6:22 Phillips New Testament)
This is all a far cry from "I enjoy trying to offend them so they despise me."

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
This is all a far cry from "I enjoy trying to offend them so they despise me."
How so? 😏

F

Moves
31 Dec 12

How so? 😏
Did either Christ or Paul actively try to make people despise them because they enjoyed it?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
Did either Christ or Paul actively try to make people despise them because they enjoyed it?
I don't know, but I enjoy it. Ha! 😏