OT vs NT concerning Homosexuality

OT vs NT concerning Homosexuality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Sep 21
1 edit

@velns said
Then be prepared to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions please.

Why has the punishment for homosexuality changed from the Old Testament to the new?
There is a simple answer which Christians like Eladar will not accept. The OT laws are for the Jews only. God had a purpose with the Jews and that was to create a Holy line of people from which His Son Jesus Christ [and other holy men] would be born, in order to fulfil certain functions. The laws and personal standards had to te strict and punishment was severe for wrongdoers. With the coming of Jesus Christ, these laws were done away with mostly and more important guidelines for the world to come were put in place...charity, generosity, peace and other qualities which will enable mankind to move forward to the next phase. Sexual offences were therefore placed on the backburner.

E

Moves
10 Sep 21
1 edit

@velns said
Then be prepared to give straightforward answers to straightforward questions please.

Why has the punishment for homosexuality changed from the Old Testament to the new?
From my point of view? The nation of Israel no longer needed to exist now that Jesus has fulfilled his purpose.

Now that the religion grew outside of a national organization, Christian's must be able to survive in evil cultures, so the punishment for homosexuals is left to God. Damnation after death is not escaping punishment.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Sep 21

@eladar said
I did, but your bias got in the way of understanding. I get a lot of crap from bigots around here.
More hilarity from the homophobic clown! You are I think the most overtly bigoted poster on this forum, and you spew the most crap.

E

Moves
10 Sep 21

@avalanchethecat said
More hilarity from the homophobic clown! You are I think the most overtly bigoted poster on this forum, and you spew the most crap.
That is because your bigotry blinds your eyes.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Sep 21

@eladar said
That is because your bigotry blinds your eyes.
You should go and look that word up, it doesn't mean whatever you think it means.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Sep 21

@rajk999 said
You are kind of a stupid woman, and everytime you write I have agree with Paul that most women should just shut up in public. Nobody has to be abused by anyone to see that many Christian churches are corrupt, and their doctrine is mostly false and contrary to the teachings of Christ.
Let me guess. You don't go to church. What a shocker.

But throwing the baby out with the bathwater has always been your protocol. It's a convenient way to dismiss what people say. "Oh, you go to a church. You're a moron."

With me, it's because I'm a woman. Sure, that's reasonable.

E

Moves
10 Sep 21

@avalanchethecat said
You should go and look that word up, it doesn't mean whatever you think it means.
Yeah, just like black people cannot be racists. Liberals set up all sorts of screwed up definitions to force their beliefs on others.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Sep 21

@eladar said
Yeah, just like black people cannot be racists. Liberals set up all sorts of screwed up definitions to force their beliefs on others.
You really should try to limit yourself to one moronic statement at a time.

Then maybe you can see why it's moronic.

But I suppose it's just easier to make sure that everything you say is moronic.

E

Moves
10 Sep 21

@suzianne said
You really should try to limit yourself to one moronic statement at a time.

Then maybe you can see why it's moronic.

But I suppose it's just easier to make sure that everything you say is moronic.
I suppose you are a believer in the theory.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
10 Sep 21

@eladar said
The definition of the word hasn't changed since the advent of liberalism. It still means, well, someone like you, basically. Don't take my word for it, go look it up. Given the views you've expressed here, I'm a little surprised you're not wearing the label with pride.

E

Moves
10 Sep 21

@avalanchethecat said
The definition of the word hasn't changed since the advent of liberalism. It still means, well, someone like you, basically. Don't take my word for it, go look it up. Given the views you've expressed here, I'm a little surprised you're not wearing the label with pride.
Me? I believe the behavior is immoral but people should be allowed to practice it.

That makes me a bigot? I think that makes me open minded.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
11 Sep 21

@eladar said
Me? I believe the behavior is immoral but people should be allowed to practice it.

You can think what you like about yourself, but your comments and attitude as expressed on here are bigoted according to the definition of the word.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Sep 21

@eladar said

No sir. Being open-minded would be not judging the behavior as immoral. Clearly on this issue you are closed-minded. This isn't negated by being tolerant of other people's behavior.

In other words, your mind is 'not' open to alternative views on homosexuality. At least be honest about that.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
14 Sep 21

@eladar said
I did, but your bias got in the way of understanding. I get a lot of crap from bigots around here.
No, you didn’t.

E

Moves
17 Sep 21

@velns said
No, you didn’t.
Get over yourself. Just because you are ignorant and blind does not mean I did not answer the question. You just demand that I accept your incorrect point of view.

Face it, the issue is yours. Heal yourself.