1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '21 13:404 edits
    Leviticus 20

a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Excerpts from Romans 1:26-27

For this reason God gave them over to degraded passions for their women exchanged natural relations for that which is contrary to nature, and likewise the men, too, abandoned natural relations with women and burned in their desire toward one another males with males committing shameful acts and receiving intheir own persons the due penalty of their error.

Obviously we have the Christian God the Father declaring that homosexuals are to be executed in the Old Testament. Jesus says the only one who is good is the God of the Old Testament. In the New Testament we see Paul upholding the claim that homosexuality is a shameful act deserving of death.

Is there any way for modern Christians to deny that that they worship a God that ordered homosexuals executed simply for practicing homosexuality? In the New Testament the belief of homosexuality still being sinful and immoral. How do modern people claim to be Christians but deny scripture?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 00:502 edits
    @Eladar

Obviously we have the Christian God the Father declaring that homosexuals are to be executed in the Old Testament. Jesus says the only one who is good is the God of the Old Testament. In the New Testament we see Paul upholding the claim that homosexuality is a shameful act deserving of death.

Other death penalties:

If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him. (Leviticus 20:9)

A prayer of repentance:
    Lord Jesus thankyou for your precious blood, which cleanses me from the sin of cursing my father or my mother. Thankyou Lord.

Also worthy of death was the adulterer.

If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, even one who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10)

A prayer of repentance:
    Lord Jesus cleanse me from all acts of adultery. Even cleanse me from the imagination of such a sin. Thankyou Lord for your precious redeeming blood. It cleanses me from the guiltiness of all sins, and every sin, and each sin, and from sinning forever. Thankyou Lord You are the Redeemer and the Victor who can live within me.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 00:521 edit
    We must remember that all of the offerings were pointers to Christ the Redeemer. And even in the OT the sinners could come to the sacrifice offering Levitical priests for atonement of their sins. The death penalty was not the only possible outcome. The "sin offering" was for any sinner including even a priest.

"If anyone sins without intent, in any of the things which Jehovah has commanded not to be done, and does any one of them, If the anointed priest sins so as to bring guilt on the people, then let him present a bull of the herd without blemish to Jehovah for a sin offering for his sin that he committed." (Lev. 4:2,3)

The offerings pointed to Christ the universal sin offering for all of mankind for all of human history. Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." (John 1:29)
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 00:541 edit
    @sonship said
    We must remember that all of the offerings were pointers to Christ the Redeemer. And even in the OT the sinner could come to the sacrifice offering Levitical priests for atonement of their sins. The death penalty was not the only possible outcome. The "sin offering" was for any sinner including even a priest.

"If anyone sins without intent, in any of the thin ...[text shortened]... of human history. [b]Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world." (John 1:29)
    Yeah, but what I wrote is true.

Many Christians believe that putting homosexuals to death for being homosexuals is evil. They believe that the God they worship is evil. I think that is odd.

Suzi is one such Christian.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 01:07
    The sin offering for various transgressions was also for the whole congregation. Sometimes a collective sense of having sinned against God might call for a community confession. The sin offering was offered for the group feeling responsible.

Now if the whole assembly if Israel errs, and the matter escapes the notice of the congregation, and they have done any of the things which Jehovah commanded not to be done and become guilty.

And when the sin which they have committed becomes known, the congregation shall present a bull of the herd for a sin offering and bring it to the Tent of Meeting." (Lev. 4:14)

The slaughtered bull was a symbol and pointer to the Redeemer Christ who is the great sin offering for the sins of the world. He was slaughtered by man and judged by God in our place - that is in the place of every human being who has ever lived.

And the elders of the assembly shall lay their hands on the head of the bull before Jehovah, and one shall slaughter the bull before Jehovah. And the anointed priest shall bring some of the blood of the bull to the Tent of Meeting." (vs.15,16)

The holy God wants not to kill man but to MEET with man. He has made provision for the sins of the people of the world in the redemptive sacrifice of the Son of God on Calvary's cross.

We can be cleansed from all sins.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 01:17
    @sonship

I do not know if it is what God wants or not, but most people will end up op dying on the road to destruction.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 01:302 edits
    @Eladar

So let's talk about it some.

The passage in Leviticus speaks the act of men with men trying to lie together to have physical sexual intimacy.

If there is a man who lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. (Lev. 20:13)

Just for discussions sake - Do you think Jonathan who loved David as he loved his own soul should have been put to death?

I am not saying that I know Jonathan and David had a homosexual relationship. But the Bible says David said the love of Jonathan surpassed that of the love of a woman. And Jonathan's soul was knit to David's soul - he loved David as his own soul.

YET - there is no recording of them going to bed with each other for a sex act.

Do you think that David and Jonathan should have suffered the death penalty from the Levitical priests?

Here's David lamenting the death of Jonathan -

I am distressed for you, my brother Jonathan; so very pleasant were you to me. Your love to me was wonderful, beyond the love of women. (1 Samuel 1:26)

One may have to stop and consider. God judged David more harshly for his adultery with Uriah's wife - Bathsheba than his emotional attachment to Jonathan.

I love the Bible for all its balance, candor, and purity. You and I would have omitted many things from it perhaps had we been the authors just going on our own opinions.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 01:40
    @Eladar
    Many Christians believe that putting homosexuals to death for being homosexuals is evil.

I think some Christians do not like to be identified with the thought that in the New Testament disciples of Jesus are instructed to execute ANYONE with a death penalty.

Death penalties were instituted by God in the theocratic nation of Israel. My opinion is that we should draw attention to the offerings for sins, trespasses, transgressions of the law which God ALSO instituted for the sinner's atonement.

the sin offering,
    the trespass offering,
    the peace offering.

Yes the death penalty was there. Also the offerings were there for expiation from sins against the law of God. Am I right?

That God hates sin had to be established.
    Upon that background His redemption through love and His forgiveness is set in relief imo.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 01:47
    @sonship said
    @Eladar
    Many Christians believe that putting homosexuals to death for being homosexuals is evil.

I think some Christians do not like to be identified with the thought that in the New Testament disciples of Jesus are instructed to execute ANYONE with a death penalty.

Death penalties were instituted by God in the theocratic nation of Israel. My ...[text shortened]... shed.
    Upon that background His redemption through love and His forgiveness is set in relief imo.
    As Jesus said, let the one without sin cast the first stone. Jesus was foretelling the doom of such sinners at the hands of God.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 10:34
    Lol @ Eladar banging on about stoning homosexuals again.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/17/study-homophobia-homosexual_n_7816390.html

https://youreadygrandma.com/2019/12/03/harvard-study-reveals-that-all-homophobic-people-are-gay/

https://www.indy100.com/news/homophobia-gay-homosexual-closet-science-self-loathing-study-data-50-years-decriminalisation-7788016
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 11:53
    @avalanchethecat said
    Lol @ Eladar banging on about stoning homosexuals again.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/07/17/study-homophobia-homosexual_n_7816390.html

https://youreadygrandma.com/2019/12/03/harvard-study-reveals-that-all-homophobic-people-are-gay/

https://www.indy100.com/news/homophobia-gay-homosexual-closet-science-self-loathing-study-data-50-years-decriminalisation-7788016
    Bragging? Simply stating truth is bragging?

Ok if you say so.
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:14
    @eladar said
    Bragging? Simply stating truth is bragging?

Ok if you say so.
    Bragging?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:18
    @avalanchethecat said
    Bragging?
    I just woke up.

In any case, the point of the thread is that anyone who believes killing homosexuals is inherently evil needs to reject Christianity.

People like mchill and Suzi need to stop claiming to be Christian. There are many more around here that also need to give up the claim, but those two came to mind.
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:24
    @eladar said
    I just woke up.

In any case, the point of the thread is that anyone who believes killing homosexuals is inherently evil needs to reject Christianity.

People like mchill and Suzi need to stop claiming to be Christian. There are many more around here that also need to give up the claim, but those two came to mind.
    Oh I disagree. I think the point of the thread is to enable you to loudly proclaim, yet again, that you're not gay.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '21 12:27
    @avalanchethecat said
    Oh I disagree. I think the point of the thread is to enable you to loudly proclaim, yet again, that you're not gay.
    You certainly are a bad mind reader. But hey, you are welcome to your opinion, not surprising it is wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree