Once Saved Eternally Saved

Once Saved Eternally Saved

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Apr 14
3 edits

THE ARGUMENT BASED ON MATTHEW 24

Now let us take a look at the New Testament. Matthew 24:13 says, "But he who has endured to the end, this one shall be saved." When many see this verse, they jump up in surprise. They think that this verse is surely about salvation and not about God's government, as we have just claimed. For example, some would say that since I lost my temper yesterday and did not endure, I am now unsaved. They would say that it is true that a person must believe in the Lord Jesus in order to be saved. But they would also say that a person must endure as well. But if you say this, you are twisting the Word of God. You have cut off the head and the tail in God's Word and have taken a sentence out of context. No wonder we confuse the Word of God! If you would understand the meaning of endurance spoken of in this verse, you have to know what was spoken of before verse 13. You must also know what was spoken after verse 13.

Verse 13 is not speaking about the Christians at all. It is speaking about the Jews. What evidence do we have? First, in the following passage we have the Holy Place, the holy temple, and the Sabbath. All these are Judaic matters. What these verses say is that the Jews should flee to the countryside and should pray that their fleeing would not be in winter or on the Sabbath. When they see the abomination of desolation, that is, the image of the beast in the Holy Place, they have to flee. They should not stay in Jerusalem. If this word is for us, how can we possibly know these things, seeing that we are in Shanghai and the image of the beast is to appear in the temple? Although we do have wireless communication today, what Matthew is speaking about here is a knowledge that comes after actually having seen something. Only one who is as near as those in Jerusalem can see. Hence, this passage refers only to the Jews.

Second, the time in this verse does not refer to the time of the apostles, nor does it refer to the time of the church. The time spoken of here refers to the time of the great tribulation. It refers to the last three and a half years at the end of this age. At the beginning of the tribulation, Antichrist will set up his image in the temple. This passage of Scripture has nothing to do with the church. It refers to the future, not to today. There is no possibility for this to happen today, because Antichrist has not yet come, his image has not yet been set up in the temple, and the great tribulation has not yet started.

Matthew 24 refers to the time of the great tribulation. The salvation mentioned here does not refer to the salvation of the soul. Rather, it refers to the salvation of the body. All the things mentioned here have to do with the salvation of the body. All those who understand the Bible know that this is the period of time when Antichrist will set up his image in the temple, forcing men to worship it and putting his seal upon people's foreheads. When all the Jews who worship and serve God see the beginning of the tribulation, they must not worship in that way and must not receive the seal. Because of this, they will suffer much. Many persecutions will come upon them. That is why the Lord Jesus told the Jews to flee when they see the image of Antichrist in the temple. If anyone has things at home, they should not bother to get them. They should hide themselves quickly in safe places. Furthermore, the Lord told them to pray that their flight would not be on a Sabbath (v. 20). The reason for this is that they keep the Sabbath. The women should not be pregnant at that time because it would be hard for them to escape. Woe will be to those who are nursing babies at that time. It would also be better if they did not face winter at that time. They should flee to the mountains or to the countryside with the hope that by chance they would not see suffering, persecution, and affliction. At that time, all the forces of Rome will come upon them like a net. They will suffer many difficulties. Many verses in Revelation show us this matter. These people will be saved if they endure during this great tribulation. Because we are too concerned for the matter of salvation, every time the word save appears, we apply it to ourselves. But one cannot apply this word to himself here. If he does, he will be twisting the Word of God. In verse 22 the Lord Jesus said another word: "And unless those days had been cut short, no flesh would be saved." When Antichrist is on earth, no one will be able to escape. Thank the Lord that his day will not be that long. Because of this, there will still be some who can flee. If one endures, he can be saved. Hence, the question of salvation here is not a question of eternal life or death. The nature of the salvation mentioned here has to do with falling into the hands of Antichrist or not.

[My bolding, my emphasis]

http://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Apr 14
1 edit

"But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name, who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)

I have written briefly on assurance of eternal life through God's love and through God's plan.

The famous objection or two from the book of Hebrews I will re-handle when I am ready to repeat those past discussions from Refuting Rjk999ism.

What God has done in granting eternal life to the believer is begetting him or her (John 1:12) . Having been begotten by God the believer has the authority to become one of the children of God (vs.12-13).

The second birth or regeneration is not of a blood birth, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man (the original unfallen man), but is a birth from God.

There is nothing a man can do to be unborn of God once he has been born of God.

Try to be unborn from yoru mother.
Try to be unborn from your father.
It is impossible.

Now for a season you and your father may not be on good speaking terms.
But this has no effect on his life having begotten you.

Some will protest. "But if you sin you will be unborn. But if you persist in sin you will be unbegotten of the Father because you sin wilfully."

When we are begotten of God God installs His own NON-SINNING SEED into our being. That is His own life and nature which cannot sin.

"Everyone who has been begotten of God does not practice sin, because His SEED abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been begotten of God." (1 John 3:9)

This is not going to be a long post on so-called "Sinless Perfection" teaching falsely that a Christian can no longer commit a sin. Obviously, the Apostle John could not have meant this by 1 John 3:9 because he has already encouraged the believers to confess their sins.

The SEED is God's life. And the SEED cannot sin. We have to learn to live by the SEED which cannot sin. And this is a lifelong process of the SEED of God growing and having spread His influence more and more over every part of the believer's soul.

Truly " ... because His SEED abides in him, and he cannot sin because he has been begotten of God." There is no problem with the divine life, the divine SEED of God's nature. There may be a problem on our learning to abide in Him allowing that life to grow as any "seed" would grow.

The point here for assurance of eternal life is that the seed was not given because we did not sin. And the seed is not removed because we continue to sin. The seed is God Himself implanted into our being.

It growth we may impede a little (from the eternal God's standpoint it is only a little time). We may temporarily frustrate the growth of the life of that divine SEED. But it was not given because of our works and neither is it removed because of our works.

His divine SEED which cannot sin remains in the believer for eternity.

The living and abiding word of God is the seed that Peter says has regenerated the believer -

"Having been regenerated not of corruptible seed but of incorruptible, through the living and abiding word of God." (1 Peter 1:23)

The SEED that John says cannot sin is also the incorruptible SEED of the living and ABIDING word of God. It was given because of Christ's perfection and Christ's redemption. It is not taken away because of our imperfection for it was not given because of our perfection but because of Christ's perfection.

Our destiny as those who have been begotten of this Divine Seed is to be conformed to the image of the Son of God how ever long it takes God to complete that transformation.

The Divine SEED was not given based upon our righteousness in ourselves.
And it is not taken away because of our unrighteousness. Once the SEED is implanted within our innermost spirit it is there for eternity. It is incorruptible though we may go through a backslidden time of corruption. The divine SEED which is the life and nature of God cannot sin and is incorruptible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship
[b]"But as many as received Him, to them He gave authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name, who were begotten not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." (John 1:12,13)

I have written briefly on assurance of eternal life through God's love and through God's plan.
...[text shortened]... corruption. The divine SEED which is the life and nature of God cannot sin and is incorruptible.[/b]
First you are saved and saved eternally.
Not even God can revoke your salvation.
You have eternal life already.

Now you cannot sin?

How ridiculous can you get?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Apr 14
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999

Now you cannot sin?

These posts are too long for you to read.
You seem only to be able to handle about 25 words or so.

Nowhere did I write the things you accused me of writing.
You simply did not READ what I wrote carefully.

rc

Moves
04 Apr 14

Originally posted by Rajk999

Now you cannot sin?

its what comes from talking to yourself in long rambling monologues, you start to believe your own propaganda.

ENGLAND

Moves
04 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its what comes from talking to yourself in long rambling monologues, you start to believe your own propaganda.
Better than believing someone else's propaganda.

rc

Moves
04 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Better than believing someone else's propaganda.
its better to get an understanding, simply rambling into thin air cannot be healthy.

ENGLAND

Moves
05 Apr 14

its better to get an understanding, simply rambling into thin air cannot be healthy.
You possibly missed my point. But nevermind.

What is it in sonship's post you take particular umbrage with?

rc

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You possibly missed my point. But nevermind.

What is it in sonship's post you take particular umbrage with?
Nothing, if he wants simply to speak in continuous monologue then that's this affair.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship
These posts are too long for you to read.
You seem only to be able to handle about 25 words or so.

Nowhere did I write the things you accused me of writing.
You simply did not READ what I wrote carefully.
They don't seem to be able to handle a video lasting more than 2 or 3 minutes either.

K

Moves
06 Apr 14

So if he wasn't saved, what was he? An apostle of Christ, a witness to miracles, chosen by Jesus, given a position of authority, were none of the apostles therefore in a saved position? How interesting that some here claim to be in a position of salvation yet the apostles of Christ were not, how are we to account for it?
Robbie,
When did Judas ever become an Apostle? Apostles were not Apostles until some point after Christ was raised from the dead. When Judas followed Christ on foot, that doesn't mean that he accepted Christ as Savior or Lord. He may have complied with Christ outwardly somewhat, but acceptance from his heart must be included. If he betrayed Christ, then whose to say that Judas ever put faith in Christ as his personal Savior?

I wonder if Thomas was not saved until he saw Jesus and believed personally about his Savior being alive and able to save him. This is not a bible declaration, but it is a question that someone could ask.

I don't know if the disciples believed unto salvation before or after the death of Christ and resurrection. I will not say that 11 of the disciples were not saved before Christ died, but I don't know the answer. As for Judas, though, I don't see where Judas did believe from his heart. Information on Judas in the bible doesn't provide the answer.

Perhaps, Judas' betrayal was just an open action that showed his inward condition.

K

Moves
06 Apr 14

Indeed I mentioned it but it fell on deaf ears Jaywill being interested in simply talking into thin air and suzziane being incapable of rational thought, my point is (and hopefully i am not harassing anyone, depriving them of knowledge, being stupid, lacking humanity, claiming that I am persecuted etc etc) when I say this, but if you are once saved a ...[text shortened]... saved it makes no sense to have to endure, because no matter what you do, you are saved anyway.
Robbie,
I wonder, though, what being saved in that verse exactly means. Does it mean be given eternal life in physical reality? Or does it mean, saved, in some other sense? It is certainly, something to pay attention to.

K

Moves
06 Apr 14

Sonship,
You Typed:
--------------
Now let us take a look at the New Testament. Matthew 24:13 says, "But he who has endured to the end, this one shall be saved." When many see this verse, they jump up in surprise.

They think that this verse is surely about salvation and not about God's government, as we have just claimed. For example, some would say that since I lost my temper yesterday and did not endure, I am now unsaved.
-----------------

It is certainly true, that one sin of losing your temper, in itself, will not result in having eternal life taken from you if you had it to begin with. Christians will sin over and over and still have forgiveness and eternal life Unless, Possibly for all I know, 1 or 2 conditions are met described in the bible.

What is meant when The Revelation tells?

King James Version
==============
The Revelation 22: 19
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Does this mean that the person's name will be taken out or just the part of blessings that the person could have had?
----------------------

And what exactly is meant when the bible tells?

King James Version
==============
Luke 12: 10
And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Mark 3: 28, 29
Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
-----------------------

Can a Christian blaspheme the Holy Ghost? Is a Christian not able to blaspheme the Holy Ghost? How does a person blaspheme the Holy Ghost in the matter that Christ told about?

Was Christ referring to a person rejecting Christ as Savior after the Holy Ghost led that person to put faith in Christ?

Was the Lord Jesus telling that criticizing the Holy Ghost was unforgiven?

Was Christ telling that people who claimed that devils were being cast out by the prince of the devils when in fact the Holy Ghost was casting them out had blasphemed against the Holy Ghost?

Or was Christ telling the scribes to not go too far with their false accusation so that they would not blaspheme against the Holy Ghost?
-----------------

It seems that if a Christian does this; apparently, he will not be forgiven for it. But how exactly is it that anybody would do this action since we don't know exactly how to blaspheme the Holy Ghost in the manner Christ was talking about?

K

Moves
06 Apr 14

Paul, the Apostle declared the following in 2 Timothy

King James Version
=================

2 Timothy 4: 6-8
For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

ENGLAND

Moves
06 Apr 14

Nothing, if he wants simply to speak in continuous monologue then that's this affair.
So it's style over content; you never seemed to take umbrage with Galveston's lengthy monologues?