1. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 14:192 edits
    @divegeester said
    How???
    Watch the video; it says it all. Again, as I said before, I myself do not know if this is true or a hoax. That's part of the reason I started this thread; to get others opinions. It does match everything stated in the Bible on the subject if true.
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 14:221 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    With respect, any Christian who takes the bible as 100% fact is going to be in for a hard time when it comes to defending it, as there is some crazy stuff in there.
    That's because you don't understand it. I use to feel the same way as you until I was enlightened. 20 years ago I did not believe the whole Bible to be accurate at all; and, I had already been a Christian for 20 years at that time.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 14:22
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I would not classify most evangelicals as "scholarly." Admittedly I'm a bit biased, though.
    I agree.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 15:28
    @kingdavid403 said
    That's because you don't understand it. I use to feel the same way as you until I was enlightened. 20 years ago I did not believe the whole Bible to be accurate at all; and, I had already been a Christian for 20 years at that time.
    This is the point I tell you about my theology degree and get told off for doing so.

Enlightenment only really comes after serious study and after identifying the many contradictions and irregularities.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 15:411 edit
    @kingdavid403 said
    Watch the video; it says it all. Again, as I said before, I myself do not know if this is true or a hoax.
    I asked you “how?”, in reply to your claim that the contents of the video reflect everything said in the bible, and your reply is “watch the video”? How is that even close to being an answer?

Furthermore if the video “says it all” in terms of what is said in the Bible...then how is it you are still I decided if it is a hoax or not?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 16:14
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    This is the point I tell you about my theology degree and get told off for doing so.

Enlightenment only really comes after serious study and after identifying the many contradictions and irregularities.
    I’m not aware of any contradictions or irregularities that don’t have a reasonable alternative explanation. Would you care to enlighten us?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 16:36
    @divegeester said
    Ooh another JW telling us stuff...about how the JWs are right.
    And you are? Lol, lol, lol.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 17:27
    @dj2becker said
    I’m not aware of any contradictions or irregularities that don’t have a reasonable alternative explanation. Would you care to enlighten us?
    If you are genuinely not aware of any contractions or irregularities then you have only had an indoctrinated education.

And no, am not going to discuss this with you again and pretend I haven't done so before.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 17:371 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    If you are genuinely not aware of any contractions or irregularities then you have only had an indoctrinated education.

And no, am not going to discuss this with you again and pretend I haven't done so before.
    I didn’t say I wasn’t aware of supposed contradictions or irregularities. I said I wasn’t aware of any that didn’t have a reasonable explanation. I understand that you probably aren’t interested in these explanations as you have already made up your mind. So there’s no point in pursuing this any further with you.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 17:50
    @dj2becker said
    I didn’t say I wasn’t aware of supposed contradictions or irregularities. I said I wasn’t aware of any that didn’t have a reasonable explanation. I understand that you probably aren’t interested in these explanations as you have already made up your mind. So there’s no point in pursuing this any further with you.
    They can all be explained. Some of the most common were just statements by a few different individuals, like the apostles. Many told the same story or event but from their viewpoint. One might mention an event from a certain direction for example.
    That is why today a policeman will take statements from different eye witnesses to an event he's investigating. He knows he will get slightly different explanations but by putting them together he will get the actual event down pretty solid.
  11. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 17:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

I also have a theology degree and I would never tell you off for doing so.
    This is what helped me also; along with much prayers for the truth of true knowledge. And, I'm still nothing but a student.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 18:001 edit
    @divegeester said
    I asked you “how?”, in reply to your claim that the contents of the video reflect everything said in the bible, and your reply is “watch the video”? How is that even close to being an answer?

Furthermore if the video “says it all” in terms of what is said in the Bible...then how is it you are still I decided if it is a hoax or not?
    Because the video explains how this supposed find matches up to Biblical scriptures. That was your 'how?' question. The video answers those questions and where it matches the scriptures.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 18:32
    @dj2becker said
    Excellent.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 18:34
    @kingdavid403 said
    I also have a theology degree and I would never tell you off for doing so.
    This is what helped me also; along with much prayers for the truth of true knowledge. And, I'm still nothing but a student.
    That wasn't a dig at you. (A player called ToO usually pops up to tell me off).

Kudos for your studies.
  15. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 18:49
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    That wasn't a dig at you. (A player called ToO usually pops up to tell me off).

Kudos for your studies.
    Kudos for your studies.
    To you also Sir Duke. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree